Claim stolen, need help

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Claim stolen, need help

Postby Mortis123 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:57 pm

Hey,

Few days ago when I was traveling I got beaten on my main character who claimed my main territory. I didn't realize that I lost my bond&soil (don't remember the exact name) from my study window and afer few days I also realized that now claim is not my anymore... I've asked one friend for a help but he refused and he told me that my place is gone because there's nothing I can do about it (my strength is too low and I cannot afford building a battering ram).

I lived with my friend there and after a short discussion we decided to just move to another place and start from the scratch. The problem is that after few relogs my friend got visitor buff and now he's completely trapped inside a palisade. He can't even move even with criminal acts turned on and tresspassing bought. Same as my alt farmer.

I don't know how but I on my main was able to take a boat and leave just normally (on criminal acts turned on). It's very unusual situation for us, we didn't knew about this stupid mechanic that you can lost your claim that way without any warning.

For us it means that the game is over but I decided to write this post so maybe any of you can help somehow.
Mortis123

Re: Claim stolen, need help

Postby Halbertz » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:27 pm

After you lost you claim item you have 3 days to renew it (click on claim pole), stolen will be destroyed and you will get new one. Protip: use claim alt for claim upkeep.
About your stuck friend: he can always port on his hf and destroy it by hand. After that he can use "'return to hf" and will be teleported outside (in random place).
Imo losing base is worse than losing char, but you can always rebuild from scratch (we even have some catchup mechanics like pyres) or join other village (like WE bay).
Halbertz

Postby vatas » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:02 pm

Community has been telling devs for years that this is unacceptable, but they won't listen.

This game is in a weird spot where (at least compared to the Legacy version) certain aspects have been almost covered with bubblewrap (KO protection with clear options window, Thing Peace required for siege) but devs also insists on keeping "you didn't read through entire Wiki or have an experienced player guiding you? Die, Sprucecap, DIE!" -things like this.

If developers insist that Bonds remain something you can steal, following points MUST be addressed.
A) How is a new player supposed to notice that Bond is missing from the Study Screen?
B) How is a new player supposed to know that Bond missing from the Study Screen is really bad?
C) Is it intended that new player can be trapped in their own base because obtuse game mechanics allowed someone else to steal the ownership with minimal feedback?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Mortis123 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:58 pm

vatas wrote:A) How is a new player supposed to notice that Bond is missing from the Study Screen?
B) How is a new player supposed to know that Bond missing from the Study Screen is really bad?
C) Is it intended that new player can be trapped in their own base because obtuse game mechanics allowed someone else to steal the ownership with minimal feedback?

Very good questions indeed. Stupid claim eyes could be set on fire (like where you typing your secret wilderness beacon code) or smth like that to not make it *very* obvious but give a player like me some clue. It's not even like that that I'm a spruce cap. I'm playing this game from the legacy and I completely forgot about this and now I'm fucked all the way up.
Mortis123

Postby HarryDresden » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:41 pm

I've got to vandal a claim post that was stolen from a guy who lived with us who got attacked earlier on in the world, he hasn't played for over a month now and there's no way to declaim it because the VC isn't as old.

It's a silly system, especially because it takes up a single slot of study and can just be transferred to an alt, I'd prefer it to be bound to the character in the Government tab personally, like the village options are.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby solisalias » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:23 am

Yah get rekt by not knowing certain things, that's haven for you. Just move and make a new base.
solisalias

Postby ascote » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:11 am

What your friend can do is smash his hearth fire and then relog, he will be transported to a completely random place though.
ascote

Postby vatas » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:14 pm

ascote wrote:What your friend can do is smash his hearth fire and then relog, he will be transported to a completely random place though.

Mentioned in first reply. I assumed he doesn't have the Strength to do it. You need minimum of 25 with Stone Axe. Being able to force a wilderness spawn was a commonly known strategy in Legacy, I think.

I have to reiterate that while "you lost your base because you didn't know you need to click a very specific thing after getting KO'd" is unacceptable, having you and/or other people trapped in said base is outright insulting game design.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby dafels » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:27 am

This got patched today finally after years and thanks for your sacrifice it was very much needed to get this fixed
dafels

Return to How do I?