How to harvest effeciently?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How to harvest effeciently?

Postby Deckard » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:22 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this a newbie question but it's driving me crazy and I can't find an answer, so here's my question:
How to harvest without having to right click every single crop? Yes I know about the shift right click and drag a zone to harvest but, if I'm not mistaken, to get this option you already have to right click on an harvestable crop, which is also a problem to me since I don't know how every crops look like when they're ready to harvest.
So right now I spam right click on every crops to find a crop ready to harvest then I drag a zone to harvest everything, there must be another way, right? You don't all right click on every crops like a maniac in hope to find one ready to harvest?

Thanks.
Deckard

Re: How to harvest effeciently?

Postby VDZ » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:48 pm

Custom clients like Ender's have the option to show progress as a number (e.g. if it says 4/4 on the crop it's ready to harvest). Other than that it's just recognizing what harvestable crops look like. If you plant them around the same time, all crops of that type will be ready to harvest around the same time, so you can just harvest the whole field at once.
VDZ

Postby Deckard » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:04 pm

Okay thank you, i'm a bit surprised and disappointed.
Deckard

Postby The_Blode » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:23 pm

If you don't mind my asking, what was it that you expected that has now lead you to disappointment? How do you think farmers IRL know when to harvest stuff?
The_Blode

Postby Deckard » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:12 pm

Thank you for asking, well you see, in real life I don't have a special ability making me able to harvest all the same kind of crops in a predefined zone, even when I don't know if it's ready for harvest or not, so when I have this ability in a game I don't expect it to be fully realistic, instead I expect this ability to be usable in any circumstances, so when I discover it's not then I'm disappointed.
But that's okay, I'm not complaining, I'll learn to identify how crops look like when they're ready.

This game just made me used to have automatic features like laying down paved stones, flattening an area, picking up all of the same kind of loot on the ground, building a 100m palisade by just bringing some wood to a single tile. Therefore I was sure I was doing something wrong with farming and that there was a more efficient way to do it, but apparently there is not

Also finding this :
Adventure [A]

Landscaping [n]
Harvest Crop [H]
Lay Stone [L]
Plant Grass [G]
Plow Field [P]

didn't help, I was sure there was a way to drag a zone to harvest everything in the field by pressing A then N then H, but couldn't find this option in game, so I thought I was doing something wrong and obviously when I learn this is not possible well I'm surprised and disappointed...
Deckard

Postby Ø » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:31 pm

Deckard wrote:harvest everything in the field by pressing A then N then H

This is a good idea. You should post it in C&I.
Ø

Postby anniesteuber » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:46 am

Deckard wrote:Hi,

Sorry if this a newbie question but it's driving me crazy and I can't find an answer, so here's my question:
How to harvest without having to right click every single crop? Yes I know about the shift right click and drag a zone to harvest but, if I'm not mistaken, to get this option you already have to right click on an harvestable crop, which is also a problem to me since I don't know how every crops look like when they're ready to harvest.
So right now I spam right click on every crops to find a crop ready to harvest then I drag a zone to harvest everything, there must be another way, right? You don't all right click on every crops like a maniac in hope to find one ready to harvest?

Thanks. [url=//hello-neighbor.io]Hello Neighbor[/url]

Harvesting crops efficiently can save a lot of time and effort.This can help you identify whether a crop is ready to harvest without needing to right-click on each one. Pay attention to any visual cues or indicators that indicate the crop's readiness.
anniesteuber

Return to How do I?