Swirling vortex?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Swirling vortex?

Postby torrentialrain » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:06 pm

Does using one of these have the possibility of throwing my dugout into oceanic deep water? And how common are these?
torrentialrain

Re: Swirling vortex?

Postby Saxony4 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:50 pm

No it won't throw you into deep ocean water, however your dugout will take damage on the trip and should be at 100% condition or else you will have catastrophic results.
They're kinda uncommon and are used to travel between continents at random without having to use an ocean going ship.
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Swirling_Vortex
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby torrentialrain » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:25 pm

Saxony4 wrote:No it won't throw you into deep ocean water, however your dugout will take damage on the trip and should be at 100% condition or else you will have catastrophic results.
They're kinda uncommon and are used to travel between continents at random without having to use an ocean going ship.

What if it's in 81% condition? The wiki says the base damage (to any kind of boat, I assume) is 50% applied to the existing condition of the boat, which would get my boat to 40.5% condition.

This would of course mean that no boat (as long as it contains only one person) is ever destroyed by passing through the vortex. So does 'base damage of 50%' really mean (Existing% - 50%)?
torrentialrain

Postby Saxony4 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:53 pm

torrentialrain wrote:What if it's in 81% condition? The wiki says the base damage (to any kind of boat, I assume) is 50% applied to the existing condition of the boat, which would get my boat to 40.5% condition.

This would of course mean that no boat (as long as it contains only one person) is ever destroyed by passing through the vortex. So does 'base damage of 50%' really mean (Existing% - 50%)?

Im not entirely sure how the damage will be calculated but I would repair regardless as a precaution, it's only a block of wood to repair a dugout.
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby Halbertz » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:47 pm

torrentialrain wrote:that no boat (as long as it contains only one person) is ever destroyed by passing through the vortex

That's not true. I've destroyed several snekks this world by rapidly jumping through vortexes.
Halbertz

Postby torrentialrain » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:18 pm

[/quote] Im not entirely sure how the damage will be calculated but I would repair regardless as a precaution, it's only a block of wood to repair a dugout.[/quote]

That's nice to know. Thank you.

Halbertz wrote:
torrentialrain wrote:that no boat (as long as it contains only one person) is ever destroyed by passing through the vortex

That's not true. I've destroyed several snekks this world by rapidly jumping through vortexes.

Damn. Okay, I'll go 100%.
torrentialrain

Return to How do I?