What makes you quit the game?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

What makes you quit the game?

Postby Barbamaus » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:31 pm

Hello everyone, and happy holidays!
I'm looking for insight on what makes you stop playing Haven.
Figuring it out might help the devs and the community come up with ideas on how to make the game more entertaining and last longer.

I'll start with my personal experience:
Sounds silly, but most people I know quit because they have too much stuff. When you login and realise that nothing you can provide is truly useful, because your stockpiles could last you for weeks, many lose the will to keep playing.
In the beginning there's always something new to go after. And even once you've gained most things, for a while there's a constant scarcity of goods; everyone needs a troll hide for their belt, or gold and gems for their rings, and so on. After a bit, you'll have enough of all those items in stock, that even if you didn't play for a few days nobody would notice. It's at that point that people stop playing. And once one or two players stop, the whole village usually severely slows down or drops out.

That has been my experience in the last few worlds. What about yours? What's that one thing that usually makes you stop playing the game?
Barbamaus

Re: What makes you quit the game?

Postby DonVelD » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:35 pm

Pretty much this, though its pretty normal. You gotta do some other stuff besides the game and its just convenient to take a break until world reset.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:11 pm

I usually play until my 200 mc/ua and 300 stats character is relevant. It's low effort to make and you can enjoy full content of the game -> pvp/pve. I think after that there is no point to grind stats because most players just quit and you spend your time for basically nothing. Grind in this game is neither fun nor enjoyable.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby MightySheep » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:30 pm

the monotony of the "chores" that you have to do to keep your character ticking along

curiosities arent too bad these days but I can never do food for more than 1 month at some point you just start feeling stupid knowing you will quit soon and ur grinding numbers on a game that get wiped anyway

usually I quit when the world start to feel uneventful, I had quit before WB siege but then I started playing for that and now Im basically quit again, theres gotta be stuff that make u want to log in
MightySheep

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:38 pm

I play to pvp but as the world progresses the stat grind to stay relevant wears on you, there's fewer players sticking around to pvp, etc.

The industry grind is really heinous, especially with super late-game being determined by quest spam. If you want to pvp and not treat haven like a job, you have to worm your way into one of the few groups with someone autistic enough to raise industry. The autism required for relevant industry increases as the world goes on.

Edit: To be clear, the effort required for these activities is too high, and trying to stay relevant with the upper end of players is a miserable, grindy experience that requires absurd amounts of time.
Last edited by DDDsDD999 on Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DDDsDD999

Postby TheServant » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:50 pm

i found someone IRL to be with and i dont have time for haven anymore...
TheServant

Postby abt79 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:01 pm

other ppl quitting :cry: and even then i usually keep trucking as a hermit miner in ghost town

really the only thing that can stop me is RL shit. Dont need digital chores anymore
abt79

Postby The_Blode » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:35 pm

I can't say definitively. I suppose when i hit a point where i'm not finding or making anything new for a while. right now the metal situation is kinda bad so that'll likely be why this time. wanting the stuff that uses quicksilver and such without getting it for weeks or even months
The_Blode

Postby Ailaa » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:52 pm

I've been playing this for 10 years -- i LOVE this game, it's one of the best game ever.
But...i have a job and other responsibilities in life, and i like to be competitive in gaming, these things do not go hand in hand.
If i had much more time over to play Haven i would. But i usually leave after a month from a wipe, because the game sucks so much time out of you (not a bad thing -- it's the appeal)
Ailaa

Postby Granny » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:54 am

Usually: I do not usually quit a world before wipe. I am one of those still playing even after 11 months, as long as the progress is slow but steady. If it feels like molasses I will lose interest however. Anything that takes too long to accomplish. The experience in the world before will determine whether I play the next world, along with choices Jorbtar makes. I quit before W11 because of the introduction of a looong winter for example. I pay when I feel the development of the game is something I like.

I do not compete, I do not see the point in that. I do not pvp. I play casually and as my time allows. That means I have content and stuff to do for months to come.

W15: I am not sure. I do not feel confident in how the development is going right now.
Granny

Next

Return to How do I?