What makes you quit the game?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: What makes you quit the game?

Postby azrid » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:13 pm

When markets become dead the game is over for me.
The pvp aspect becomes pretty dull beyond early world and I don't think that will ever be different.
As long as I can trade and slowly build up more wealth for future worlds haven always feels fun and exciting.

Sometimes I keep playing to build something interesting and new once trade is dead.
azrid

Postby Adata » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:27 am

This game takes too much time, to do one thing you must do 10 things before to prepare. When it was new it was cool now it so annoying.

It's like you have to go to work to play haven and I'm not even talking quality or eating stats or quests. It the upkeep!!!

But I love social part, but not enough time for that. If my friends didn't play it anymore I'd probably wouldn't too. Start is neat but too much effort to keep doing it again and again.

I guess after you try everything you wanted in a game it also gets boring.
W14 Elephant Gardens
W13 Zard
W12 Magpie Nest
W11 White Pond
W10 Lazy Leech
W9 Dark Woods
W7 Crow's Nest
Adata

Postby springyb » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:37 am

100% every world it's having to feed my animals.

Once I have to give up maintaining my animals I quit because they take so much time and effort to breed.
springyb

Postby HarryDresden » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:19 pm

I generally don't quit, but I do stop playing as regularly as I do. Currently I log in every day/every other day or so, refresh curios, do the tasks that need doing, but I get a decent few hours of play when not working on other hobbies. I stick around until world reset and then start again. I don't mind the grind and the tedium, but absolutely agree that once it feels like progress isn't happening and that no one is on to play/trade with is when I stop caring about that world.

Last world was great because we had a solid group of people to run dungeons with, we held parties, and also went hunting and questing together. This world the map is too mountain heavy and everyone is too widespred, I imagine in a few months when everyone has a charter stone and most of the thingwalls we'll start doing small time dungeons again but that seems a while away.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby joojoo1975 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:10 pm

First off, I stopped looking at this as a "pvp" game since like World 3. What has since come from the LP change to curios and the combat becoming some shitty Yu-Gi-Oh knock off. the days of yester yore are gong.

Now when I play, its for Having the farm, the chickens, the rabbits and having enough to keep my char fed LP wise.
But that too becomes tedious and I lose interest, and then set free all my animals and then just haunt the forums.

The biggest problem for me is the monotony that combines with the crushing realization, this is all for naught, and you can never be as good as the people who fuck with everyone, because (insert valid or invalid response or point)
Not to mention that your "top Tier" players have their own customer clients or bots or whatnot. and that exploiters can not be handled by the Devs, in fact the final point is knowing this game was a jewel. but has since been degraded and destroyed, and nothing will be what you remember or the same, kills it all for me.
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby lordgrunt » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:43 pm

Its so much more simple, it's the wait/hour glass cursor that makes ppl quit
lordgrunt

Postby ascote » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:00 am

I stop this game whenever I feel like the game is taking over too much of my life.
ascote

Postby Nictos » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:35 am

ascote wrote:I stop this game whenever I feel like the game is taking over too much of my life.

Facts. That’s when I join a village and play more casual, do my role humbly.
Nictos

Postby kaysaari » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:19 am

My cycle is generally build up to midgame -> maintain for a while -> all my animals die and I get sad after rl gets in the way for an extended time and quit
kaysaari

Postby MightySheep » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:24 am

joojoo1975 wrote:and you can never be as good as the people who fuck with everyone, because (insert valid or invalid response or point). Not to mention that your "top Tier" players have their own customer clients or bots or whatnot. and that exploiters can not be handled by the Devs

Yawn. Cope harder. You're completely wrong and ignorant probably from reading dumb fuck posts like maze on the forum too much. Our small village kept up with the quality of top zerg villages perfectly fine, our miner mines manually, our farmer farms manually. I have ZERO client advantages over you in pvp (name 1 pls I beg). Im so tired of people like you typing dumb shit like this honestly. What exploits? Name an exploit that people are using to get an advantage over you thats happening right now? Stop being such a pathetic coper and just accept youre not willing to put in the time or effort to be as good as the tryhards.
MightySheep

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?