Grape Quality

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Grape Quality

Postby Operate » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:25 pm

Hello,

Was looking for some clarification on improving grape quality please.

On the wiki for trellis it states "As of World 14, static crops grown on a trellis will slowly increase from the quality of the original plant with successive harvests."

We were under the impression you need to replant grapes in order to see quality gain until our group came across this message on the wiki.

Our peppercorn hasn't improved quality at all and has been harvested many times over but not replanted on the trellis.

Could anyone confirm if their grapes are improving in quality without having to replant them on the Trellis? Ours are nearly ready to harvest but would like to know for sure.

Many thankings
Operate

Re: Grape Quality

Postby gravesmerch » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 pm

never heard about it

always remove my trellis plants anyways

maybe theres an announcement confirming this?
gravesmerch

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:52 pm

This sounds like complete fake news.

If you use the forum search and enter "trellis" as the keyword and "jorb as author, you can see that the newest result dates back to 2022-03-20.

World 14 only started 2022-09-12.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Ø » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:25 pm

Can confirm. Did not replant q94 grapes and let them finish again. The next batch was q96 and q97. I planted a row of q94 seeds from the pressed grapes on the day they were harvested. When the new row is done I will update the quality difference between fully replanting vs harvesting and letting the quality go up that way... If I remember...

I'm not sure which will produce higher quality "faster". It's grapevine... Nothing about it is "fast".
Ø

Postby Ø » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:19 am

Update: 3rd harvest from the same grapevine yields no change in quality from 2nd harvest.

1st: q94
2nd: q96 & q97
3rd: q96 & q97
Ø

Return to How do I?