Nidbane and Rage

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Nidbane and Rage

Postby Antvgr » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:47 am

How do they work? The wiki is kinda confusing.

>It is important to note that Nidbanes can only be summoned using scents left by characters possessing the Rage skill.

Does this mean that i can't be sent Nidbane after if i avoid ever learning Rage?
Antvgr

Re: Nidbane and Rage

Postby Halbertz » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:42 am

Antvgr wrote:How do they work? The wiki is kinda confusing.

>It is important to note that Nidbanes can only be summoned using scents left by characters possessing the Rage skill.

Does this mean that i can't be sent Nidbane after if i avoid ever learning Rage?

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Scent
Checkout that sick table.
I have no idea why you don't want to learn Rage, there is no advantage to avoiding learning it.
Halbertz

Postby Antvgr » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:47 am

Halbertz wrote:Checkout that sick table.
I have no idea why you don't want to learn Rage, there is no advantage to avoiding learning it.

That's exactly it. On that page it says if you commit theft you can be sent Nidbane after. But on Nidbane page it is said that if you don't have Rage you can't be sent Nidbane after.
That's a serious advantage here. I mean you don't need Rage if you are not some PvPer. But there are things like people droping mini claims on natural resources in the wild and only way to take it is to leave a scent.
Antvgr

Postby Halbertz » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:39 am

You shouldn't care tbh. Nidbane are NPCs - that means they have no brains and you can kill them w/o any problem (just use door, lol). Also for theft they will have 0.3 of your stats, so you will kill each with couple of punches.
I mean you don't need Rage if you are not some PvPer.

You don't need hammer at home if you aren't construction worker. Not like you can spontaneously kill prostitute use it to hammer a nail or smth.
Halbertz

Postby animary » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:21 am

Nidbane is rather worthless in my opinion. Anyone strong enough to have done something for which someone would send a nidbane after them is strong enough to kill the nidbane. And if you have inadvertently left a scent, but damaged nothing nor stolen anything of value, no one is going to the trouble of sending a nidbane after you.
animary

Return to How do I?