New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Postby Jesterz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Well to be honest. There is no reason I can think of to be part of this peace treaty. In previous worlds people mutually left emerald city alone. But this is because they had high quality items and were a respected trader. Now Brodgar is a housing unit for casuals but it has the odd person who isn't a casual scrub.

Also yes an excuse to fight indeed. You are settled on the spawning grid or close by it. This means you are in prime territory for people to hunt you. No one wants to travel for a couple hours a day in one direction to pvp. So instead they go to the dense area which you just so happen to have grouped people up.
Jesterz

Postby shadowchris » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Jesterz wrote:Would you be referring to the time Brodgar got on horses and tracked and killed Bob dole for his acts of terrorizing them?

Cause this too makes me thing like they want a fight if they are looking for a fight. Rather then waiting to defend when trouble comes to them at brodgar.

I really hope this treaty he wants isn't some crap like "can you not attack us unless you find scents pointing to us in Brodgar."

Not sure what you're trying to get at here. Are you saying Bob dole and his toy terrorizing brodgar wasn't a legitimate reason to hit back? Because that's self defense isn't it?
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby Jesterz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:28 pm

Nah fuck Bob dole you guys did good killing him. But as soon as Brodgar started tracking and searching for him with a Lynch mob they became a competitive faction in my opinion.
Jesterz

Postby shadowchris » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Jesterz wrote:Nah fuck Bob dole you guys did good killing him. But as soon as Brodgar started tracking and searching for him with a Lynch mob they became a competitive faction in my opinion.

Which brings us back to my main point. Does self defense where hitting back at targets make us a legitimate faction.

Those targets could have friends, who also have friends. Brodgar doesn't want to start any problems.

Another question that comes into affect here: is brodgar already a faction that is a safe haven for "noobs" that want to live in peace?
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby Jesterz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:40 pm

When eight guys roll up to someone ready to fight them your considered established to me and all bets are off.
Jesterz

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:48 pm

If people want to make a problem out of our self-defense, they are free to do so.

I can't control what people are going to get their panties in a bunch about, or satisfy everyone looking for an excuse to start shit.
We will continue with our peace-loving, new-player friendly, open city ways.

That is all that need to be said.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Jesterz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:01 pm

That isn't making a peace treaty though. That is just asking people not to attack you. I don't have an issue with your self defence methods like I said it was good you killed off dole.
Jesterz

Postby FettyWap » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:14 pm

I found vandalism and trespassing scents leading straight to Brodgar. Pointing to one of the more developed plots there.

What is your stance on handling people in Brodgar who are not as peaceful as you are trying to sell to the public.
Last edited by FettyWap on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
FettyWap

Postby Sebthegrand » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:17 pm

how2 win again?
Sebthegrand

Postby Hervarth » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:20 pm

I also don't see the point in a "peace treaty" - unless it is to end a war. Isn't the default stance between factions "dont fuck with us and we wont fuck with you"?

I visited brodgar yesterday (or the day before, i'm not sure). it was pretty impressive - within around 30 seconds of me being there there were several armed guards out watching me. I don't think they can have the same "switzerland" status that emerald city had in other worlds, given their actions so far.

If "positive relations" means mutual defense / trade agreements, then there is a point.

FettyWap wrote:I found vandalism and trespassing scents leading straight to Brodgar. Pointing to one of the more developed plots there.

What is your stance on handling people in Brodgar who are not as peaceful as you are trying to sell to the public.

Interesting... but no proof.
_Gunnar's alt
Hervarth

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot