New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Postby venatorvenator » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:32 am

shadowchris wrote:
Jesterz wrote:Nah fuck Bob dole you guys did good killing him. But as soon as Brodgar started tracking and searching for him with a Lynch mob they became a competitive faction in my opinion.

Which brings us back to my main point. Does self defense where hitting back at targets make us a legitimate faction.

Those targets could have friends, who also have friends. Brodgar doesn't want to start any problems.

Another question that comes into affect here: is brodgar already a faction that is a safe haven for "noobs" that want to live in peace?

There was this talk about what "peaceful", "neutral", and "self-defense only" mean before, there are many nuances for them. In malachite city the rule was to never summon or track for revenge or retaliation, we only tracked to see who did what; even leaving tresspass was forbidden, and if someone found any scents the rule was to bash the villager's hf and let outsiders do what they wanted with it; it also extended to the forum, and boasting or being an asshole was exilable. Some villagers thought those rules were too strict and left because of it, but we never had any raid attempts on the main city and just a few lame ones on the nodes, and I like to think there's a correlation between one and the other.

Now new brodgar actively tracked and killed an attacker, you claim not to be responsible for your villages' actions, and you not only posted a murder thread like raiders do but also essentially told us not to fuck with new brodgar. It's hard to convincingly talk of peace when so much effort is being made to behave like a competitive faction.

The initiative of a peacy treaty is interesting though and it would be great if it eventually worked. But the way a free city is structured makes that difficult in my opinion. What if instead of making a deal for the entire city, you abandoned the city-guard-protecting-everyone thing, and talked to factions and agreed on free murdersprees to individual plots only - if factions have scents to it, you would give them perms and gate keys or whatever. This question is important after all:
FettyWap wrote:What is your stance on handling people in Brodgar who are not as peaceful as you are trying to sell to the public.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby MightySheep » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:53 am

The way I see it Emerald City is a respected peace-loving craftsmanship village which is run by a female, all the things necessary for white knights to get an erection.

New Brodgar on the other hand has always just been seen as a ramshackle noob project, not worth caring about. It stands to reason that if New Brodgar starts giving the appearance of legit village (from what I heard you had a militia of about 10 well armed people to kill bob and now you're trying to get treaty allies) people will start to take an interest in your affairs.

The difference between village like yours and others is that everybody knows where it is and you're easy to attack with no walls. You'll probably have a hard time surviving later on in the world.

Also I don't see the point in joining peace treaty either, you haven't even specified what the benefits are supposed to be.
Last edited by MightySheep on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
MightySheep

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 am

I think you peg us wrong here, Venator.

This "peace treaty" is going to be about assuring anyone and everyone safe passage in the city, extending them the same protection of our village guard that is given to the members of the city. We aren't trying to find allies to go roll over people, and we certainly don't mean to be threatening anyone.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Sever » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:24 am

I can't believe the stuff I'm reading in this thread. Self-defence is aggressive, established, competitive?

You sound like identity politicians talking about microaggressions.

The best defence is a good offense. But of course, we all know rangers are the real dicks, don't we? :roll:
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby MightySheep » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:00 am

Sever wrote:I can't believe the stuff I'm reading in this thread. Self-defence is aggressive, established, competitive?

You sound like identity politicians talking about microaggressions.

The best defence is a good offense. But of course, we all know rangers are the real dicks, don't we? :roll:

lol the point is that if they act like a proper village then they shouldnt be surprised if people treat them like a proper village (instead of just a noob safe haven)
MightySheep

Postby Garfy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:31 am

MightySheep wrote:lol the point is that if they act like a proper village then they shouldnt be surprised if people treat them like a proper village (instead of just a noob safe haven)

And when people attack them, they shouldn't be surprised when they attack back.
Garfy

Postby RedKGB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:38 am

I know my take is worth less than two cents of a warm shit toasted on some bread.

Any single person or group that has the ability to extract revenge, or power, has been and will always be considered in a competitive light.

Now that being said, every person or a group has a right to self-defense. When this self-defense extends beyond the boundary of said claim, village, or plot; it moves to the area from defense to command and control beyond their respective boundaries.

For example, some one attempts to break into my home. Law says I can kill this person if I am in fear of my life and or life of my family. Now if I chase this person down the road, over the creek, and thru the woods, and kill this person, it would be murder.

The question in and of itself is where is the line is drawn.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Redempter » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:51 am

RedKGB wrote:I know my take is worth less than two cents of a warm shit toasted on some bread.

Any single person or group that has the ability to extract revenge, or power, has been and will always be considered in a competitive light.

Now that being said, every person or a group has a right to self-defense. When this self-defense extends beyond the boundary of said claim, village, or plot; it moves to the area from defense to command and control beyond their respective boundaries.

For example, some one attempts to break into my home. Law says I can kill this person if I am in fear of my life and or life of my family. Now if I chase this person down the road, over the creek, and thru the woods, and kill this person, it would be murder.

The question in and of itself is where is the line is drawn.

That's some serious bullshit because this is Haven, not the real world, in the real world if someone came into your house, killed someone and left, you would call the cops on him. In Haven, you alone can make justice, so that analogy is garbage.

Now all I can read here is people trying to find excuses to attack New Brodgar by considering it "competitive", seriously that's also a load of crap. If you guys could just use common sense for a second, you would see that New Brodgar is just trying to be a peaceful place but that doesn't mean we should bend over when someone decide we're easy target. If people want to attack us, so be it but at least have the balls to be straightforward about it and not some nut job politician trying to hide behind vague sentences about us behind aggressive.

What is proposed here is not "threatening" or because we try to be "competitive", it's just a way to ensure peace in the world, fair trade and ease of life for everyone.
Redempter

Postby RedKGB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:56 am

I guess you failed to read the last line, that ok, I understand.

Being a power house, and still thinking your not a major power is the real bullshit.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:59 am

Brodgar is like the United States of Hafen rn, and should be treated accordingly.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot