New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Postby higherark » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:18 am

RedKGB wrote:I guess you failed to read the last line, that ok, I understand.

Being a power house, and still thinking your not a major power is the real bullshit.

Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:Brodgar is like the United States of Hafen rn, and should be treated accordingly.

Haven and Turf: Return of the Forumwarriors

Seriously? We retaliate against someone who pillaged the crap out of us and that somehow makes us aggressive. I have never seen griefers be so valiantly defended on the forums before. Yes certainly the friends of said griefer could stick up for him, but to have his actions defended? To portray him as innocent or immune to retaliation? Thats a new level of stupidity and I'm sure as hell not buying this snake oil.

In any other game its considered acceptable to retaliate against aggression. People usually argue over who started it instead of the apparent threat so-and-so appears to be. Furthermore retaliating against a griefer is usually praiseworthy. Not in Haven and Turf though.

The great thing about this game is the freedom it provides. We are free to defend ourselves just as others are free to attack us. You can continue to keyboard warrior, or live up to your own words. The choice is certainly yours, but don't expect us to be scared little noobies. Nobody ever said we ought to be immune to aggression or retaliation so don't put words into our mouths. We are a village that accepts noobies, we have a defensive militia and we -really- like palisades. Thats the long and short of it.

If you really want to attack us you don't need to justify it to everyone else. I'd rather be attacked by a random raid than some forum warrior idiot trying to play modern politics in a game set in the classical era.
W3 - Nubcaek Supreme: The Defiler of Planks
W8 - Seargent Derp: The Un-kinned Kinslayer, New Brodgar
W9 - Lieutenant Sprucecap: Militia Commander, New Brodgar
higherark

Postby jordancoles » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:27 am

I think it's funny how a peace treaty can be offered in one breath, and then in the next it seems that they don't have control over individual members
How can a treaty be made by an entire group if specific members of the group can't be controlled regardless?

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I think you peg us wrong here, Venator.

This "peace treaty" is going to be about assuring anyone and everyone safe passage in the city, extending them the same protection of our village guard that is given to the members of the city.

Also, Robben said that it's more of a peace treaty for others instead of for Brodgar
He's not saying "leave brodgar alone we're peaceful" he's saying, "if you sign the treaty we'll protect YOU"

So, is this a recruitment for a larger army then?

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:We aren't trying to find allies to go roll over people, and we certainly don't mean to be threatening anyone.

It doesn't sound like an agreement to be neutral to me.
Last edited by jordancoles on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby RedKGB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:34 am

higherark wrote:stuff

You sound mad bro, relax.

Since you see the need to quote me twice, I will answer some of your allegations.

His actions are his actions, neither good nor bad. Your actions are neither good nor bad. It is as you pointed out, a game. You seem to take offense that you are not regarded as some hero, the killer of the bad people. You buff up at the mention that your village is considered a power house, that ya'll have the ability to field an army, which you have the right to hunt down those that transgress against you.

That makes your village competitive. Try to bullshit it all you want, but that is the bare bones of it.

As for calling people out to come and get some as you so put it, is a pillar of a competitive power house.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:39 am

jordancoles wrote:He's not saying "leave brodgar alone we're peaceful" he's saying, "if you sign the treaty we'll protect YOU"

Exactly this. Protect you, within our borders, from attacks within our borders.

jordancoles wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:We aren't trying to find allies to go roll over people, and we certainly don't mean to be threatening anyone.

So, is this a recruitment for a larger army then?
It doesn't sound like an agreement to be neutral to me.

I'm not sure you read that right. I said we aren't trying to find allies to attack people.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby jordancoles » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:40 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:
jordancoles wrote:He's not saying "leave brodgar alone we're peaceful" he's saying, "if you sign the treaty we'll protect YOU"

Exactly this. Protect you, within our borders, from attacks within our borders.

So, you're actually asking for people to join Brodgar then

What do you consider to be your borders?
Your village claim?
Your supergrid?

Sounds like a competitive faction trying to expand to me, bro
Last edited by jordancoles on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby RedKGB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:44 am

jordancoles wrote:What do you consider to be your borders?
Your village claim?
Your supergrid?

Same thing I was thinking.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:45 am

jordancoles wrote:So, you're actually asking for people to join Brodgar then

What do you consider to be your borders?
Your village claim?
Your supergrid?

Sounds like a competitive faction to me bro

Don't read into it.
You can sign the treaty, (1)be bound not to attack others within the city, (2)visit the city in guaranteed peace (at least from treaty signers), (3)and be protected by our guard (for whatever protection we may offer against non-treaty signers.)

This is us making a trade hub and peaceful meeting center. Not us being imperialistic.

Finding out the limitations on what we will consider our "borders" and other facts is why I asked to speak to faction leaders. It never crossed my mind to imagine covering the entire supergrid.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby RedKGB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:49 am

What if a toon runs into your town, being attacked by a couple of guys. There is no treaty, so would you protect this toon, or let him die, or kill the ones chasing and attacking him?
RedKGB

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:50 am

RedKGB wrote:What if a toon runs into your town, being attacked by a couple of guys. There is no treaty, so would you protect this toon, or let him die, or kill the ones chasing and attacking him?

I have no idea. That is why I am trying to work on the specifics of how this will work.
My immediate instinct is that we would remain neutral.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby RedKGB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:53 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:My immediate instinct is that we would remain neutral.

To me, that is the crux of a problem for wanting to be a trading hub, and not protecting everyone with in your borders. It no longer becomes a trading hub but a killing field.
RedKGB

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot