New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Postby higherark » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:04 am

RedKGB wrote:
higherark wrote:stuff

You sound mad bro, relax.

Since you see the need to quote me twice, I will answer some of your allegations.

His actions are his actions, neither good nor bad. Your actions are neither good nor bad. It is as you pointed out, a game. You seem to take offense that you are not regarded as some hero, the killer of the bad people. You buff up at the mention that your village is considered a power house, that ya'll have the ability to field an army, which you have the right to hunt down those that transgress against you.

That makes your village competitive. Try to bullshit it all you want, but that is the bare bones of it.

As for calling people out to come and get some as you so put it, is a pillar of a competitive power house.

I didn't quote you twice. You probably shouldn't tell other people to read when you fail at it yourself.

I don't expect to be considered a hero. What I don't expect is to called a competitive power for the act of defense. That notion holds zero weight because its easy to twist it around as an excuse for raiding others. You call us competitive yet fail to adequately describe what would not be competitive. Are you saying we shouldn't have defended ourselves against someone who showed no restraint on anyone who crossed his path? That villages with -any- capability to field a cohesive defensive force is liable to be considered a competitive power? Or that as long as you leave the area in question you ought to be immune to retaliation? What a great way to intimidate others and leave them defensless.

Thankfully, most people aren't stupid enough to buy that kind of a weak deranged argument.

All of us are in agreement at NB that we simply want to play in peace. Bob Dole proved definitively that lacking a defensive force is foolish and I know he won't be the last. The bare bones of actual competition would be actively seeking out the domination of resources, villages or political structures. To compare retaliation against an aggressor, to US foreign politics is a logical leap to say the least.

Comparing words flung on the forums to actual actions in game is both a logical leap and somewhat amusing. It shows how little your claims are based off of actual evidence and more on extrapolating from what little there is. Excessive extrapolation is a sign of anger or rivavlry by the way, so it would seem as if you may very well be projecting. We killed a guy who was killing us. You can try all you want but you can't twist that into some grandiose and uncalled for act of subjugation.

RedKGB wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:My immediate instinct is that we would remain neutral.

To me, that is the crux of a problem for wanting to be a trading hub, and not protecting everyone with in your borders. It no longer becomes a trading hub but a killing field.

Oh so now we have to defend random people is that it? Weren't you just making a big stink about how we shouldn't be competitive or playing politics? I'd think it would be extremely easy for a group of raiders to abuse such a clause and, subsequently, that would force us into the political playing field. We would be obligated to defend or do something about those who are competitive, thereby involving ourselves in the competition.

You are, in a phrase, trying far too hard.
W3 - Nubcaek Supreme: The Defiler of Planks
W8 - Seargent Derp: The Un-kinned Kinslayer, New Brodgar
W9 - Lieutenant Sprucecap: Militia Commander, New Brodgar
higherark

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:04 am

You really didn't explain or think this through.
DDDsDD999

Postby shadowchris » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:07 am

At this point this discussion is going in circles. I guess we will just have to see what happens.
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby Dominick » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:12 am

Just offering a bit of experience I've had with "neutral" zones, as you're suggesting, in other similar games.

If you make a place of 'peace' or in any way try and enforce 'laws' upon an area, you will actively get those who will want to disrupt and do their best to make you fail targeting you, just for the lols.

It's a good idea, but the execution and long term viability of "neutral" zones rarely ever succeeds.
Dominick

Postby pheonix » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:14 am

Sounds like what you really meant is you were requesting from towns/factions was a Non Aggression pact, so you can tell your noobies that they're safe because town x or faction x wont attack them. alliance and peace treaty are the wrong terms here. getting a town to state that in a pm or post they wont attack also upholds said towns honor and you can go back to being what you were.
pheonix

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:17 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:You really didn't explain or think this through.

:roll:

I simply posted that I wanted to discuss a the concept with faction leaders to bang it out before making it public. It was only when people started accusing us of trying to start a new Third Reich did I elaborate on what we had planned.
It does seem like everyone is having fun throwing their two cents in though, I'm glad there is some manufactured forum drama for everyone to comment on.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby RedKGB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:21 am

higherark wrote:Wall of text

You are correct, yours and redemption(sp) text were so similar in stance I confused the two, I however do admit to my mistakes.

Where did I say you could not go out and seek those that did you wrong?

If you do have the power to hunt down those that did you wrong, then yes, you can exert force over a large area, and that by itself makes your village competitive.

Being a trading hub is a political structure, controlling the flow of resources thru one point is competitive. Your village will have first dibs on anything flowing thru it, making you army more well equipped, and more well financed. That is a pillar of being competitive. Think Venice.

You are either a trade hub that can give protection to every one or you are not. Lack of protection will not make your hub worth wild for any type of trade.

I am pointing out weaknesses in your approach and setup. You can either take it under advisement or not.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:24 am

RedKGB wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:My immediate instinct is that we would remain neutral.

To me, that is the crux of a problem for wanting to be a trading hub, and not protecting everyone with in your borders. It no longer becomes a trading hub but a killing field.

Or you could not be mentally retarded and named RedKGB. Then you would probably just sign the peace treaty before showing up to trade.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby RedKGB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:26 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Or you could not be mentally retarded and named RedKGB. Then you would probably just sign the peace treaty before showing up to trade.

So insulting honest feedback, which is what you said you were after...lol
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:27 am

RedKGB wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Or you could not be mentally retarded and named RedKGB. Then you would probably just sign the peace treaty before showing up to trade.

So insulting honest feedback, which is what you said you were after...lol

Honest feedback and retarded feedback aren't mutually exclusive, this is true.
I should have specified that the retarded feedback wasn't at all necessary, to provide clarity for the retards.
Robben_DuMarsch

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot