Base Destruction [Video]

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Base Destruction [Video]

Postby Kaios » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Granger wrote:The horse is the problem, since they even break stuff somtimes when they could pathfind around a single object to their target. And once they start breaking stuff they ususally don't stop till the current object is gone...

Seems like the same issue I had tried to describe here.

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:The horse is a problem but not the only problem or a small symptom of it in my opinion.

this
Kaios

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:56 pm

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:The horse is a problem but not the only problem or a small symptom of it in my opinion.

I'm not saying it's the only problem, but I do think that it's something that needs to be dealt with first before the other problems like handbashing penalties can be worked on in any meaningful way
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:06 pm

A bit of in and off topic. Before we discuss further, I think this goes better in the Inn or Critique since we are discussing about game mechanics and pointing out flaws in it rather than anything political.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby ramones » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Exploiters! Nukes! ¦]
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby borka » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:A bit of in and off topic. Before we discuss further, I think this goes better in the Inn or Critique since we are discussing about game mechanics and pointing out flaws in it rather than anything political.

As if jordancoles doesn't use the IP forum or the Siege thread in C&I to the max for his cause ...

@ramo
What else ...

;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:17 pm

- Remove animal bashing (at least while on claims that aren't your own)
- Harsher penalties for murder and vandalism which would last for the duration of your outlaw status. Have stat debuffs similar to wounds which can only be recovered by waiting out your crime or perhaps by having the owner of the claim offer you forgiveness for giving them gifts or whatever after the crime has been done.
Some debuffs may include halved total hhp, lowered str, or a red aura on your character to indicate that you're a criminal

Killing outlaws should not give outlaw, but should still leave a scent and give redhanded

Also, I like the idea of climbing walls for theft, but I'd like some locks for houses, containers and cellars first
Last edited by jordancoles on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby rye130 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:19 pm

jordancoles wrote:- Harsher penalties for murder and vandalism which would last for the duration of your outlaw status. Have stat debuffs similar to wounds which can only be recovered by waiting out your crime or perhaps by having the owner of the claim offer you forgiveness for giving them gifts or whatever after the crime has been done.
Some debuffs may include halved total hhp, lowered str, or a red aura on your character to indicate that you're a criminal

Why are you suggesting stupid, arbitrary penalties that we'll just avoid by using murder/vandal alts?
rye130

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:20 pm

rye130 wrote:
jordancoles wrote:- Harsher penalties for murder and vandalism which would last for the duration of your outlaw status. Have stat debuffs similar to wounds which can only be recovered by waiting out your crime or perhaps by having the owner of the claim offer you forgiveness for giving them gifts or whatever after the crime has been done.

Why are you suggesting stupid, arbitrary penalties that we'll just avoid by using murder/vandal alts?

That's for the next video ¦]

But you're right, any penalties which last a set time will also encourage alts ... But nearly the whole game currently does that as it is :/
I think the solution then would be to make the penalties somewhat steeper for low investment characters so that you'll need to reach a certain level before you can consider actively raiding and killing... That said we'd likely still make 3 viable alts each lmao

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby rye130 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Gonna copy paste our skype-chat about this quick:

Code: Select all
[3:36:29 PM] Jordan Coles: What would you rather have Rye?
[3:36:58 PM] Jordan Coles: I'm not sure how you can really have meaningful punishment for crime that can't be solved by alts
[3:37:16 PM] Rye: I don't think there needs to be meaningful punishment for crime
[3:37:40 PM] Rye: There needs to be a reason not to commit the crimes, but stat punishment and such aren't the way to do that
[3:37:50 PM] Rye: It just forces me to hate whoever I'm commiting a crime against
[3:37:53 PM] Rye: Like currently
[3:37:54 PM] Jordan Coles: Neither do I really, but if that's the turn they're going to take regardless it's better to have something planned out and balanced instead of some kneejerk crap like usual lol
[3:38:09 PM] Rye: The red-handed debuff makes me commit more severe crimes than I normally would
[3:38:18 PM] Rye: Because if I'm forced to wait an hour
[3:38:22 PM] Rye: Why just steal what I want
[3:38:39 PM] Jordan Coles: Idk, like in my case if I knew it'd be a huge pain in the dick for like a day after the fact I'd think twice about bashing all the cupboards and shit
[3:38:58 PM] Rye: Well
[3:39:06 PM] Rye: We'd have to vandal to palibash in
[3:39:10 PM] Rye: And once we were in
[3:39:15 PM] Jordan Coles: I don't think they can really add a social feature that would make me not want to fuck with people
[3:39:15 PM] Rye: We are now punished already
[3:39:23 PM] Jordan Coles: Aye
[3:39:24 PM] Rye: So I'm gonna fuck them over as much as possible on that
[3:39:29 PM] Jordan Coles: :D
[3:39:42 PM] Jordan Coles: I suppose, but you'd be picking your palibashing targets more carefully
[3:39:58 PM] Rye: We already do pick it more carefully
[3:40:03 PM] Rye: And hardly bash at all
[3:40:10 PM] Rye: cause its a massive pain and time investment already
[3:40:24 PM] Rye: So them adding more punishments is just going to lead to us not playing I think lol
[3:40:29 PM] Rye: I think Avu has it right
[3:40:38 PM] Rye: Making a dedicated system to vandaling
[3:40:43 PM] Rye: Rather than just the destroy command
[3:41:06 PM] Rye: So that its more of an investment to destroy a base
[3:42:14 PM] Jordan Coles: I think I agree with that too
[3:42:22 PM] Jordan Coles: Idk about the jumping over walls thing yet though
[3:42:44 PM] Rye: Jumping over to kill characters is stupid
[3:42:50 PM] Rye: For stealing or whatever I'm fine with it
[3:42:53 PM] Rye: I could work around that
[3:43:01 PM] Jordan Coles: Nah it'd be like no agro just theft
[3:43:11 PM] Jordan Coles: Unless they agro you
[3:43:23 PM] Jordan Coles: And he also said if you KO them you can't kill or something
[3:43:46 PM] Jordan Coles: But fuck that if they agro me I should be able to kill them regardless lol, just make it so I can't jump back over the wall for an hour :D
[3:44:07 PM] Rye: Yeah that works for me too
rye130

Postby Archiplex » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:49 pm

jordancoles wrote:
rye130 wrote:

That's for the next video ¦]

But you're right, any penalties which last a set time will also encourage alts ... But nearly the whole game currently does that as it is :/
I think the solution then would be to make the penalties somewhat steeper for low investment characters so that you'll need to reach a certain level before you can consider actively raiding and killing... That said we'd likely still make 3 viable alts each lmao

I don't think alts are a bad thing, as long as they require enough investing that it's less a "throwaway" alt and more a "This alt is for this purpose"
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot