Rl’yeh is sinking, hasn’t reached the bottom yet

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Rl’yeh is sinking, hasn’t reached the bottom yet

Postby MightySheep » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:50 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:
MightySheep wrote:It is surprising that you only killed 2 mains, from my experience in village, almost everybody was outlaw 90% of the time. It was only the last week or so that things died down a bit and nobody ever had time to PvP so nobody had outlaw except me and kila cuz we stupidly decided to kill an alt.

wait... werent you guys at Rl'yeh saying how most villagers were just peaceful and no criminals generally...?

eh, we were at war, we had run through brodgar multiple times killing people, not to mention having to constantly kill alts and bash their hearth fires
MightySheep

Postby banok » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:11 am

Yeah I had 2 characters still with criminal debuff from murders last time I remember logging in the game, including my main. One was some NB called nightblade or something, other was just one of NB's alts they were spamming outside the walls that I killed with a rage alt. The scents must have run out like a day or three before the raid, lucky me I guess - rewards of inactivity.
banok

Postby Archiplex » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:18 am

MightySheep wrote:
Endora wrote:It wasn't majorly eventful. When we were killing MightySheep he logged on at the same time and put the alert off over teamspeak, a couple of them were out hunting and the rest logged off so we mostly just got the scented individuals Kilakan's main, Sheep's main, Archi's archer, and Zeler who logged on an alt to investigate what was happening, or to body block for archi, i'm not too sure. Funnily enough if one of our guys hadn't gone to the toilet 5 minutes prior to the raid we probably would have gotten an extra couple kills Zeler's main, Archi's crafter, Cloud's main and potentially but not likely RedKGB who was in the farm... thanks to Oddity. Still waiting for Wynzyck to get here I wonder if he realises it's a 14 hour walk and a subterranean base?

I guess I should feel honored that you decided to kill me first. The funny thing is when I announced on TS what was happening, archi was like "wow really?" and logs into her archer alt out to see if it was true rather than doing the logical thing and preserving her chars :P

I was outlawed ya bum

I was deciding whether taking the risk to try and run since I figured by the time I was on my archer that they would be swarming the gates already (I mean, if they were in the mine, they had to have entered from the gates)- so I just staked post and figured it was worth the try, since I also didn't know how many people were raiding

No point in not logging into Azura since she would have died either way (Unless I knew about it earlier and had time to run out the back gates or something)

(Insert comment about the irony of other people who usually pvp just barely losing their outlaw in time for this, and myself who had never pvp'd before this still having outlaw)

MightySheep wrote:
The cutesy girl act is great for infiltrating villages, it gets you free pass on doing any real work or proving yourself in some way :P

I honestly didn't care too much about gender, i didn't think anything about it since it was on a recommendation (and I am quick to trust in general); not putting any blame on cole either.
Last edited by Archiplex on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby CloudJhi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:09 am

Endora wrote: Funnily enough if one of our guys hadn't gone to the toilet 5 minutes prior to the raid we probably would have gotten an extra couple kills Zeler's main, Archi's crafter, Cloud's main and potentially but not likely RedKGB who was in the farm... thanks to Oddity.

Thank you based Oddity.

MightySheep wrote:The cutesy girl act is great for infiltrating villages, it gets you free pass on doing any real work or proving yourself in some way :P

Sheep pls my cutesy girl act didn't get me any brownie points with kila and I still spent quite some time in ghetto :u
It was more of that sofi got in on a recommendation than being formally recruited sooo.

Tonkyhonk wrote:wait... werent you guys at Rl'yeh saying how most villagers were just peaceful and no criminals generally...?

Most villagers were really just peaceful. We had about, Iunno, 5 or so people who used to go out regularly to kill. I personally never had gotten to kill anyone worth killing, only alts within the village. By the time of the raid we've stopped going out entirely, and those who had fighters as mains had gone inactive.
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby molenga » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
MightySheep wrote:It is surprising that you only killed 2 mains, from my experience in village, almost everybody was outlaw 90% of the time. It was only the last week or so that things died down a bit and nobody ever had time to PvP so nobody had outlaw except me and kila cuz we stupidly decided to kill an alt.

wait... werent you guys at Rl'yeh saying how most villagers were just peaceful and no criminals generally...?

That was me, and it is the truth, we village had over 20 members at the time of the raid, from which only like 5 used to go out to kill ppl during the war, the rest were peacefull farmers and crafters that lived in the village and never really killed anyone, such as myself.
molenga

Postby ArvinJA » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:10 pm

It doesn't matter to the Lord of Shadows whether you are "peaceful" or not, The Oddgod has declared all land his domain, The Lord of Shadows has free reign to do as he pleases. So whether or not there were "peaceful" people inside doesn't really matter. Furthermore, those "peaceful" people farmed for not-so-"peaceful" people.
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Postby molenga » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:14 pm

ArvinJA wrote:It doesn't matter to the Lord of Shadows whether you are "peaceful" or not, The Oddgod has declared all land his domain, The Lord of Shadows has free reign to do as he pleases. So whether or not there were "peaceful" people inside doesn't really matter. Furthermore, those "peaceful" people farmed for not-so-"peaceful" people.

First: Quit roleplaying.
Second: Was not talking to you, I was merely answering his question.
Third: We already said we don´t hold any hard feelings, so let´s just let this thread die out and move on with our lives, no sense continuing flooding moot with this flame war.

Also, farming for not so peacefull people? That argument could be extended to all of NB for allowing a known raider, Bob Dole, to live there. In fact, the same could be said for every farmer that lives in any faction, since they are farming to feed warriors.
molenga

Postby venatorvenator » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:39 pm

molenga wrote:First: Quit roleplaying.

This is a MMORPG.

It's in fact amazing that this is the only non-larpy RP thread in the moot.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby molenga » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:48 pm

venatorvenator wrote:
molenga wrote:First: Quit roleplaying.

This is a MMORPG.

It's in fact amazing that this is the only non-larpy RP thread in the moot.

Yeah well, excess roleplaying makes a post kind of annoying to read since you need to read through all the roleplaying stuff to get to the actual post content IMO.
molenga

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:32 pm

molenga wrote:
ArvinJA wrote:It doesn't matter to the Lord of Shadows whether you are "peaceful" or not, The Oddgod has declared all land his domain, The Lord of Shadows has free reign to do as he pleases. So whether or not there were "peaceful" people inside doesn't really matter. Furthermore, those "peaceful" people farmed for not-so-"peaceful" people.

First: Quit roleplaying.
Second: Was not talking to you, I was merely answering his question.
Third: We already said we don´t hold any hard feelings, so let´s just let this thread die out and move on with our lives, no sense continuing flooding moot with this flame war.

Also, farming for not so peacefull people? That argument could be extended to all of NB for allowing a known raider, Bob Dole, to live there. In fact, the same could be said for every farmer that lives in any faction, since they are farming to feed warriors.

you cant talk to arvin like that, who do you think u are kid
ChildhoodObesity

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot