Everybody hate russians.

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Everybody hate russians.

Postby Kisegach » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:45 pm

chocolaterain wrote:don't worry 48 ingame hours and all russians will be gone

Wrong, i will stay.
blat
Kisegach

Postby Orocnogu » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:50 pm

A lot will stay. Bad payment plans? Home economy is shit? Is a challenge, you see. We stay, we find a way -- we always do. Less potato-headed shkolota maybe, but is a good thing anyway.

Americans and europeans can hate us all they want, is their loss. Only makes russian stronger, bond together, see? Common enemy, is all right.

*puffs his curved redwood pipe into his glorious mustache and nods affirmatively of his own words*
Orocnogu

Postby Malke » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:55 pm

Orocnogu wrote:A lot will stay. Bad payment plans? Home economy is shit? Is a challenge, you see. We stay, we find a way -- we always do. Less potato-headed shkolota maybe, but is a good thing anyway.

Americans and europeans can hate us all they want, is their loss. Only makes russian stronger, bond together, see? Common enemy, is all right.

*puffs his curved redwood pipe into his glorious mustache and nods affirmatively of his own words*

lol not all of us blindly hate you guys.
Malke

Postby PonyStew » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 pm

chocolaterain wrote:don't worry 48 ingame hours and all russians will be gone

Another stereotype, russians are poor?

Shittons of russians love this game more than anyone, and russian audience of this game always was one of the biggest, so don't hope that they'll be gone.
Griefers might go on and leave the game, but not one of the core players.
PonyStew

Postby lilrebel17 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Óðinn wrote:Americans are much worse, I agree.

As an american hermit that is very nice to peeps, this hurts.
Thing about haven is...haven never changes
lilrebel17

Postby Óðinn » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:28 pm

lilrebel17 wrote:
Óðinn wrote:Americans are much worse, I agree.

As an american hermit that is very nice to peeps, this hurts.

I'm sorry, but of all the times I've been betrayed, it's always been the Russians that have been most kind to me (or atleast straightforward, 'I will kill you and take your stuff') where as the Americans have always been the most behind-the-back about it, becoming friends and returning later to steal your shit.
Óðinn

Postby Eemerald » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:38 pm

a Russian guy in EC start of world 6 would go around speaking in Russian in the area we wanted to settle to scare people away, it seemed to work with some people!

But the whole Russian thing, I never really got. As a hermit in world 4 the first people to help me were Russians, the European players I met were so paranoid about everything, but the Russian town I stumbled on helped me build, bought me food, explained the game..laughed at me..all in broken English and with a lot of misunderstanding, but it worked!
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby Belizan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:23 am

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it is common for women to receive different treatment than men in online games :).

That said, we dealt with a couple different Russian "groups" last world, at least while I was still playing, and all those interactions were totally different. One group was totally friendly with us, but total jerks to our neighbors, whom they drove from the game before they became bored themselves and quit. The other Russians were, apparently, burn your home style raiders, but they liked to travel far away to raid, so never bothered us. Someone came, tracked them down and murdered them all one day out of the blue. I think there was a third Russian solo guy near us who was totally neighborly, but he quit after a while. So I think really you can't make generalities. That people like to play with other people who speak their language shouldn't be a mystery. That some groups that play like to raid and burn things shouldn't be a mystery either. When these two factors coincide... I think there is insufficient evidence to overrule sampling error.

We did have a lot of problems with "Russians" on Roanoke in Salem back in the day, but I was never convinced they were /actually/ Russian. Which is another point, that people are not above pretending to be an "easily identified" group to throw off suspicion or conversely to encourage mistrust ;).

Oh, and I'm American (US), btw, and have played with a number of other Americans and I would not have found my experiences consistent with those representations either (the "back stabbing" part). YMMV. Generalizations generally fall flat ;).
Belizan

Postby AUSGrizzly » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:36 am

My problem is the language barrier and what it causes...
I have no problem if folks want to speak to eachother in their own language, but if you come up to me, speak some language I can't read or understand and when I ask if you can speak English so I can understand. But you feel that thats enough to kill me. Thats when we are going to have problems...
This happened last time I played...
Was killed for asking if he could speak English to me.

Do you know why Australians call everyone Mate. Its cause you are our friend, until YOU choose different... (minus a few bad eggs, but hey every nation has those...)
AUSGrizzly

Postby LadyV » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:50 am

Most of the Russians I have ever met in the game have always been nice. There are good and bad people no matter where you live.
LadyV

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot