Everybody hate russians.

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Everybody hate russians.

Postby Eemerald » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:43 am

Belizan wrote:Not to put too fine a point on it, but it is common for women to receive different treatment than men in online games :).

That said, we dealt with a couple different Russian "groups" last world, at least while I was still playing, and all those interactions were totally different. One group was totally friendly with us, but total jerks to our neighbors, whom they drove from the game before they became bored themselves and quit. The other Russians were, apparently, burn your home style raiders, but they liked to travel far away to raid, so never bothered us. Someone came, tracked them down and murdered them all one day out of the blue. I think there was a third Russian solo guy near us who was totally neighborly, but he quit after a while. So I think really you can't make generalities. That people like to play with other people who speak their language shouldn't be a mystery. That some groups that play like to raid and burn things shouldn't be a mystery either. When these two factors coincide... I think there is insufficient evidence to overrule sampling error.

We did have a lot of problems with "Russians" on Roanoke in Salem back in the day, but I was never convinced they were /actually/ Russian. Which is another point, that people are not above pretending to be an "easily identified" group to throw off suspicion or conversely to encourage mistrust ;).

Oh, and I'm American (US), btw, and have played with a number of other Americans and I would not have found my experiences consistent with those representations either (the "back stabbing" part). YMMV. Generalizations generally fall flat ;).

In world 4, no one knew I was female, including the town that helped me, majority of whom did not use the English forums anyway and could barely string 2 words of English together. so although, yes we may get treated differently sometimes, how you treat others tends to reflect how they ultimately treat you. though ofcourse u have to be careful whatever nationality!
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby TigerMax » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:31 pm

There are shitheads among every nation.
Do not blame all Russians for one Russian's impolite behaviour.
TigerMax

Postby Redempter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Humans are humans. There is no nationality for stupidity.
Redempter

Postby maze » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:08 am

http://i.imgur.com/zb6uW8v.png

viewtopic.php?p=535706#p535706

Edit: I can give you the story. but this is more funny.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby BangPow » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:25 am

I have been raided by all nationalities, and if I were to keep score it would be a land slide by North Americans. But as far as hating Russians, nah. That's not my style. Though the Russian villages can seem very intimidating when you see them for the first time because they are so big. The Korean's as well. That's what makes online gaming so much fun. Playing with all different nationalities. Trying to communicate with one another is half the fun. :) :D :mrgreen:
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb
BangPow

Postby BlackKopcap » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:28 am

As a Russian i'm always blame my self for killin another hearthlings... really, I'm very embarrassed.
BlackKopcap

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:38 am

Orocnogu wrote:Americans and europeans can hate us all they want, is their loss. Only makes russian stronger, bond together, see? Common enemy, is all right.

This has been used as a weapon in the past -- not for Russians but against Russians. Fake American and European raids against Russian settlements to drive up nationalism and fear so that Russian players feel a greater need to band together against everyone else under the banner of a specific Russian leader. Just as the asshole here is sowing hatred against Russians, others sow discord for their own agendas.
TeckXKnight

Postby Vigilance » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:00 am

TeckXKnight wrote:Just as the asshole here is sowing hatred against Russians, others sow discord for their own agendas.

That was deep, Teck.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Granger » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:07 am

Orocnogu wrote:Americans and europeans can hate us all they want, is their loss.

I'm European and i don't hate you.

I don't get why to hate someone just because he was born or livin in a specific country.
One might think that they're idiots because they let their leaders do what they do, but then one might look at the own government and better rethink the idea...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Vigilance » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:09 am

Granger wrote:I'm European and i don't hate you.

I'm American and I hate you and your damned commie-loving people.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot