Rise of the Attack Bots

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Rise of the Attack Bots

Postby jordancoles » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:01 am

Sever wrote:
Biddas wrote:i never can understand why people are using combat bots ,are they lazy to fight ?or lazy to push,understand how it works ?what is the interest by watching how own bot is fighting ?Then what is the sense to play this game?

Some people would prefer superior capability to actually using the combat system, a system which is so shitty that it would be the equivalent of trying to jump in real life and instead punching yourself in the face.

I don't have any kind of combat script, though. Maybe I should make one.

Are you one of those nerds that thought signpost dropping and alt summoning meta was challenging and skillful combat? :|
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby spawningmink » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:27 pm

jorb wrote:
Sever wrote:the combat system, a system which is so shitty that it would be the equivalent of trying to jump in real life and instead punching yourself in the face.

Go play in traffic.

LOL
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:40 pm

jorb wrote:
Sever wrote:the combat system, a system which is so shitty that it would be the equivalent of trying to jump in real life and instead punching yourself in the face.

Go play in traffic.

Don't encourage the peanut gallery. Next thing you know, they'll all be posting like this. :roll:
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby maze » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:07 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
jorb wrote:

Go play in traffic.

Don't encourage the peanut gallery. Next thing you know, they'll all be posting like this. :roll:

Go play in traffic.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Sevenless » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:11 pm

The combat system definitely isn't that bad. It needs tweaking for sure, but I feel it's a solid foundation to build off of.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:31 am

I enjoy the shit out of this combat system, I simply couldn't get my head around what we had in previous worlds. I suspect it has more to do with the ease of accessibility and relatively intuitive mechanics.

Also, it's not all or nothing, you *DO* stand a fighting change if you know how to fight.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Jeff » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:55 am

Frankly speaking, shit like this makes me seriously want to leave the game. And i guess i'm not the only one.
I hoped this wouldn't become botland again, but it seems i was wrong.
"I'm just an humble farmer, after all"
Jeff

Postby rye130 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Jeff wrote:Frankly speaking, shit like this makes me seriously want to leave the game. And i guess i'm not the only one.
I hoped this wouldn't become botland again, but it seems i was wrong.

Combat bots were just us trolling. People that enjoy raiding aren't going to use bots to do it because you bot things you don't enjoy, not things you do. Don't worry about what others are doing, it doesn't really have much of an effect on you anyways.
rye130

Postby Yasgur » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:00 pm

rye130 wrote:Combat bots were just us trolling. People that enjoy raiding aren't going to use bots to do it because you bot things you don't enjoy, not things you do. Don't worry about what others are doing, it doesn't really have much of an effect on you anyways.

Except that the developers already had to fix that people who enjoy griefing were using bots to grief.
Yasgur

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:03 pm

Yasgur wrote:
rye130 wrote:Combat bots were just us trolling. People that enjoy raiding aren't going to use bots to do it because you bot things you don't enjoy, not things you do. Don't worry about what others are doing, it doesn't really have much of an effect on you anyways.

Except that the developers already had to fix that people who enjoy griefing were using bots to grief.

Hmmm? What are you referring to? We haven't done any such thing.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot