Rise of the Attack Bots

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Rise of the Attack Bots

Postby Yasgur » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 pm

I believe you altered the amount of landscaping flags that could be planted in a short time frame because there were automated clients planting many such flags around other peoples claims. Did I get that wrong? If so, apologies.
Last edited by Yasgur on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yasgur

Postby rye130 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Yasgur wrote:
rye130 wrote:Combat bots were just us trolling. People that enjoy raiding aren't going to use bots to do it because you bot things you don't enjoy, not things you do. Don't worry about what others are doing, it doesn't really have much of an effect on you anyways.

Except that the developers already had to fix that people who enjoy griefing were using bots to grief.

The bots placing survey flags you mean? That was more a problem with abusing a mechanic than with botting. I could have manually placed 2k flags to lag someones base and the same fix would have went in.
rye130

Postby Yasgur » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:08 pm

Agreed, But its a hell of a lot easier to let a bot do that, while you spend your time in a more valuable pursuit.
Yasgur

Postby rye130 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Yasgur wrote:Agreed, But its a hell of a lot easier to let a bot do that, while you spend your time in a more valuable pursuit.

True, and I would jorb/loftar continue to address cases like the survey-flags, but other bots doing normal things like farming or foraging aren't going to be and easy fix. They also aren't things I would worry too much about.
rye130

Postby jorb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:31 pm

Yasgur wrote:I believe you altered the amount of landscaping flags

Oh, you meant that. Yeah, true.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Previous

Return to The Moot