Rise of the Attack Bots

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Rise of the Attack Bots

Postby bdew » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:24 pm

CMDR_Salient wrote:All of this happened before and will happen again...

So say we all!
bdew

Postby foomanchu » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:18 pm

borka wrote:Pretending to be a bot army is prolly as much fun as pretending to be a poor desperate noob needing shoes :lol:

more or less..

watching the video, you can see that the pathing of the "bots" does not immediately update when the "target" moves
that and the obvious one that its a shitty bot that tries to directly path through objects, which by the way would be 100% useless on a combat bot

odds are its just a script that spams area chat.. assuming the scripting engine can read from chat, it would be very easy to script "squad leader" prompts and squad responses (which btw is an awesome idea and makes this thread pretty hilarious.. +1 for jcoles/friends)

and even in the slightest chance that these are actually combat bots.. any bot that gets stuck on walls/trees/rocks/anything in a combat situation is either not gonna kill anything or die a horrible horrible death.. any bot with real pathing would have been circling the walls looking for a way to get in, not just directly trying to walk through walls
makes me sad i never made a combat bot last age :(
foomanchu

Postby Biddas » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:05 pm

i never can understand why people are using combat bots ,are they lazy to fight ?or lazy to push,understand how it works ?what is the interest by watching how own bot is fighting ?Then what is the sense to play this game?
Biddas

Postby Jesterz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:44 pm

Because it gets 12 pages of hate. Watch your back pal, Buttsex the derpy Russian is coming for you.
Jesterz

Postby RedKGB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:15 pm

NSFW image
Pain.PNG
Pain.PNG (246.84 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

Jesterz wrote: Buttsex is coming for you.
Last edited by MagicManICT on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: image NSFW; spoiler tag added for now
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Biddas » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:33 pm

RedKGB wrote:
Pain.PNG

this picture,don't watch such tv series ,it makes crazy mind .....
Biddas

Postby RedKGB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:40 pm

Biddas wrote:this picture,don't watch such tv series ,it makes crazy mind .....

Yea, it was off the wall crazy. I tricked my mother in law in to watching it. She has not called or stopped by all week, I think it was a fair trade off.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby h3retostay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:57 pm

RedKGB wrote:
Pain.PNG

Poor Schmitt!!!
h3retostay

Postby fuinharlz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Let's talk about just one thing here: this game became pay 2 play. With pay 2 play, ANY paying subscriber is not just a player, is a CUSTOMER. If those bots starts ruining the service this customers paid for, they can actually claim for their rights (like getting money back or even isue seatribe) if the devs don't do anything about those bots. So, using those bots is not only hurting other players, is hurting the game devs themselves and the game itself

Jorb and Loftar, I know it's almost impossible for the 2 of you to keep track of every player, find out bots, create ways to block those bots. But I think soon you'll need to start doing those (maybe a script running within the chat server that logs messages, confront them with kind of a dictionary with phrases bots uses, and if found a bot, just kill it, nuke it, or even ban the account).

Wish you guys luck on this matter!
fuinharlz

Postby Sever » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:07 am

Biddas wrote:i never can understand why people are using combat bots ,are they lazy to fight ?or lazy to push,understand how it works ?what is the interest by watching how own bot is fighting ?Then what is the sense to play this game?

Some people would prefer superior capability to actually using the combat system, a system which is so shitty that it would be the equivalent of trying to jump in real life and instead punching yourself in the face.

I don't have any kind of combat script, though. Maybe I should make one.
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot