New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Postby fuinharlz » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:50 am

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:Regardless of the current results, something I should note is that Robben kind of made a wrong move that caused this chain of events. I am not labeling him morally wrong in his actions, nor right, but his response to some of the criticism weren't exactly tactful (my apologies), and one of the responders being an Ainran member, a faction that isn't shy from fighting. I am not certain if he knew this or not but his response against Ainran triggered what we see happened now. Regardless of who you are, if you get into a verbal confrontation and the other person does not back down, usually, the confrontation will escalate.

I think what could have changed everything is if Robben had someone else act as a speaker on his behalf as having a skilled speaker would have had a dramatically different effect. I'm pretty sure you would have better result if you know how to butter up your words. Note I am I am not including Brodgar's internal polices into this because I do not know enough about it to comment and I am not including any moral alignment in this because that is not what I am talking about in this article.

Also the thread ending up someone calling someone poo poo head brought an abrupt end of being poltical and starting being childish which is a little disappointing. Also I apologies ahead of time if I offend anymore as I am not perfect in avoidng stepping other's toes.

(I also should look over everything and learn from it)

Actually, I doubt.
Ainran remembers me my old UO guild when I was a teenager. You could try any polite and political means of conversation, we would end up pking you and everyone in your guild just because we could and we tought it was fun, POINT!
Ppl offered houses so we stop the killing, we got the houses, and killed em. Ppl offered protection, we trapped em and killed em. ppl offered good mining places, we got to those places, and made sure they couldn't use those anymore.
All because we tought it was fun to throw shit at ppl, and we were good at pvping.
All this forum talk is useless to the side wanting peace, and serves as an excuse to the side having fun killing to do so!
Ainran don't want to leave brodgar alone, they want to go there, kill all they can, get back here and watch the rage, this is how they have fun, and a game is suposed to give ppl some fun. And this is pretty much how pvp game works! Only problem I see there is that, if they keep targeting newbies, some of those may be new potential future subscribers that'll give up when being 1 - 2 hit koed and murdered without any warnings. And no, not every new player comes to check all that's written on the foruns before they start playing! What this can hurt? Ask Jorb and Loftar, they'r the ones seeing the subscribers go down as the time passes by, and the money income reduces. (wich MAY affect updates to)

This is my point of view. I'm not living at brodgar, I'm not living with ainran, I'm not really part of this conflict (but now I may have become a target for giving out my opinion), but this is how I see it!
fuinharlz

Postby RedKGB » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:52 am

So is Brodgar looking to be a trade hub still?
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby maze » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:29 am

I didn't read anything other then Rob 1st post.
All I really wanted to say is

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote: words

but I like this person and likes this person views on things
/pets Patchouli head

Good day everyone
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:33 am

fuinharlz wrote:

I am not sure how your old UO operates but it is probably not on the same level as Ainran as the metagame between Haven and Hearth and Ultima Online. Even as a high level PvP player in Haven, you still need good infrastructure and organization; it isn't as easy as getting some gear and YOLOing across the hearthlands. The scent system, while needing some refinement, still creates a mean for individuals to actually combat against careless raiding. Also, as there are a good amount of haven veterans playing here, you have a good chance of ending up biting more than you can chew and end up dying to the prey or being prey yourself.

maze wrote:I didn't read anything other then Rob 1st post.
All I really wanted to say is
Patchouli_Knowledge wrote: words

"All I really wanted to say is...words" - maze.

Sorry, the order of the words somewhat amuses me.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:34 am

venatorvenator wrote:
overtyped wrote:
ramones wrote:If I understand Ainran words (rye), they'd leave NB alone if there wasn't for the current leader...

What did he do exactly?

I don't know what problem the others have with him. Mine is that in w7 he abandoned New Brodgar and left his villagers locked in and out, without renewed perms to get their stuff and so on, and his standard response to that was "butthurt much?". There are a few legacy threads about that.

if i understand ainran words (rye), they pick robben for their bullying target.
if i understand merchant words (ramones, ex-ainran), he is just kissing ainran arse so he could be possibly safer with his rich lewts.
and if new brodgar citizens now decide to throw robben at ainran as a scape goat out of fear, they will also be considered retarded douches.

that said,

venatorvenator, werent you the one leading malachite city, a subsidiary of (or affiliated to) emerald city? i didnt know you also tried to take care of that new brodgar later as i wasnt reading much of the late w7 congress. and if my memory still serves, robben too once lived with emerald or your place and i kinda expected you two being rather closer than seeing each other as enemies, but i guess i see why part for you now.
i at least remember him playing a big larper long before that time and had a roleplay group, posting on the forums time to time, but hardly long lasting. it is indeed dickish to quit the game without doing anything as a leader, but brodgar(s) were being led by a few different leaders in the past (such as yolan, demo) and each town took different paths, once it was even protected by nao and vigilance. it wouldnt be fair to expect all new brodgar(s) to be the same town. yolan always busy or got bored so fast (or i just never see him last at least), whoever i forgot his name tried pretty hard but got exhausted and even given vigi ls to cause havoc at least once, demo decided to make it a brickwalled town with botting, robben tried to go back to the old brodgar and argued against demo who has the legit brodgar or whatever, but didnt last iirc, this world he instead decided to fight and kill bob dole. there may have also been someone else in between or before.

tl;dr, just because he calls his town "new brodgar", you shouldnt expect him to present it the way you want the brodgar to be. its a totally different group led by a different person who loves larping.

as a second note, robben being rather ignorant, like assuming joco, the biggest douche, to be the leader was the biggest mistake ¦] someone is still asking for anyone in new brodgar in irc, yet nobody responds to him either. if new brodgar wants to actually build relationship with others, the leader or sub-leader needs to try and talk to more people in general before showing any of their cards in public.

and its about time people learn that the name brodgar is cursed enough to activate haven griefers dna reminding them as their target whenever they hear of it. i still always expect every brodgar to be something meaningful to this game.

fuinharlz wrote:
Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:-
You could try any polite and political means of conversation, we would end up pking you and everyone in your guild just because we could and we tought it was fun, POINT!

you must be new here.
Last edited by Tonkyhonk on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:36 am

RedKGB wrote:So is Brodgar looking to be a trade hub still?

I'm not going to put traders at unnecessary risk.
This conflict will be resolved first.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby fuinharlz » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:08 am

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:
I am not sure how your old UO operates but it is probably not on the same level as Ainran as the metagame between Haven and Hearth and Ultima Online. Even as a high level PvP player in Haven, you still need good infrastructure and organization; it isn't as easy as getting some gear and YOLOing across the hearthlands. The scent system, while needing some refinement, still creates a mean for individuals to actually combat against careless raiding. Also, as there are a good amount of haven veterans playing here, you have a good chance of ending up biting more than you can chew and end up dying to the prey or being prey yourself.

This is more related to game mechanism, I'm talking about ppl behaviour. Game mechanincs can be different on haven and UO, still, ppl can behave the same in both games!
Ok, yah, ppl can track you to if you leave scents. On my old UO server ppl could put your head at a price, and this would be displayed at every guarded town and on servers irc channel!
UO is not based mostly on gears, but on player skills and how the player actually plays (ok, I'm talking about t2a era), so it's not "grab gear and go killing". You also needs good infra-structure and organization, as you'll need spell scrolls, potions, antidotes, reagents for spells, strategy to avoid pets from tamers (mostly dragons and nightmare armies). Still we know the risks, and we wanted to have fun, so we chased blue players, killed, looted, ressurected, killed again, ressurected again, killed again...
We also got the drawnback of being chased by half the server... being unable to bank safelly, to stand in a spot without paying attention to anything coming at the screen... but we wanted to see chaos.

This is ppl behavior, not related to game mechanics.
fuinharlz

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:42 am

[quote="fuinharlz"][/quote]

Ah I understand what you mean now. That being said, I do not think they attack indiscriminately either, even though they do enjoy fighting, but the motivation has some similarities. However, I am not one that really speak in regards to their actions as I can only observe them from limited angle points and I think they can respond to this much better than I can.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby NaoWhut » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:14 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:
RedKGB wrote:So is Brodgar looking to be a trade hub still?

I'm not going to put traders at unnecessary risk.
This conflict will be resolved first.

We will accept no less than 10 warriors as
a proper sacrifice

ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby ramones » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:33 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:if i understand merchant words (ramones, ex-ainran), he is just kissing ainran arse so he could be possibly safer with his rich lewts.

That was kinda bad judgement since my sentence was only a "quote" of what rye said few posts back about them. You're kinda wrong, sorry to disappoint :(

And as far as the NB leader is considered, he for sure isn't acting as one, so I totally get why the Ainran guys want to slash him over and over, and I don't blame them at all. I do however pity the newbies trying to live their first life.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot