New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: New Brodgar Peace Treaty

Postby LadyGoo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:46 am

ramones wrote: You're kinda wrong, sorry to disappoint :(
It happens quite often with Tinky, when she tries to interpret things she knows from observing forums and rumors.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Cajoes » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:50 am

To be fair(factual), hostilities began before the thread was even posted. So whether or not Robben "acted like a leader"* in this thread is entirely irrelevant.
*Whatever that means.

All Brodgarii are informed of the risks of living in New Brodgar and most are in fact okay with that. The safety of each induvidual citizen is- youknow what, go read the town charter. I'm not your wiki.
Cajoes

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:54 am

LadyGoo wrote:
ramones wrote: You're kinda wrong, sorry to disappoint :(
It happens quite often with Tinky, when she tries to interpret things she knows from observing forums and rumors.

whether you find it right or wrong doesnt matter at all, just like how what others have said dont change what you guys have to say here. :lol:
Tonkyhonk

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:01 am

Cajoes wrote:To be fair(factual), hostilities began before the thread was even posted. So whether or not Robben "acted like a leader"* in this thread is entirely irrelevant.
*Whatever that means.

it was about jordancoles. not robben. because robben said he contacted ainran leadership earlier in this thread, but what he did was pming jordancoles instead. (and not like joco tried to act like a leader of Ainran, he was only being loud as always.)
Tonkyhonk

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:07 am

Maybe it's because I'm tired, but you're not making sense
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:11 am

I think tonky means is that Robben thought you (Cole) were the leader of Ainran,
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:30 am

jordancoles wrote:Maybe it's because I'm tired, but you're not making sense

you are probably so tired that you feel like you have to wonder why im not making sense to you.
nothing new there. think again, have what i previously said ever made any sense to you or ramones or goo? ;) the answer is obvious.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:17 pm

Ainran killed spruce cap newbs because they are raiders. They came to the city and killed an afk force trespassed alt before anything was said to them. They trolled people's shit.

Anyone looking for their reasons beyond "they want PvP and to grief" are being misled by the obvious smoke screen.

Not complicated.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby RedKGB » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:47 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I'm not going to put traders at unnecessary risk.
This conflict will be resolved first.

Thank you
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby venatorvenator » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:if i understand ainran words (rye), they pick robben for their bullying target.
if i understand merchant words (ramones, ex-ainran), he is just kissing ainran arse so he could be possibly safer with his rich lewts.
and if new brodgar citizens now decide to throw robben at ainran as a scape goat out of fear, they will also be considered retarded douches.

that said,

venatorvenator, werent you the one leading malachite city, a subsidiary of (or affiliated to) emerald city? i didnt know you also tried to take care of that new brodgar later as i wasnt reading much of the late w7 congress. and if my memory still serves, robben too once lived with emerald or your place and i kinda expected you two being rather closer than seeing each other as enemies, but i guess i see why part for you now.
i at least remember him playing a big larper long before that time and had a roleplay group, posting on the forums time to time, but hardly long lasting. it is indeed dickish to quit the game without doing anything as a leader, but brodgar(s) were being led by a few different leaders in the past (such as yolan, demo) and each town took different paths, once it was even protected by nao and vigilance. it wouldnt be fair to expect all new brodgar(s) to be the same town. yolan always busy or got bored so fast (or i just never see him last at least), whoever i forgot his name tried pretty hard but got exhausted and even given vigi ls to cause havoc at least once, demo decided to make it a brickwalled town with botting, robben tried to go back to the old brodgar and argued against demo who has the legit brodgar or whatever, but didnt last iirc, this world he instead decided to fight and kill bob dole. there may have also been someone else in between or before.

tl;dr, just because he calls his town "new brodgar", you shouldnt expect him to present it the way you want the brodgar to be. its a totally different group led by a different person who loves larping.

as a second note, robben being rather ignorant, like assuming joco, the biggest douche, to be the leader was the biggest mistake ¦] someone is still asking for anyone in new brodgar in irc, yet nobody responds to him either. if new brodgar wants to actually build relationship with others, the leader or sub-leader needs to try and talk to more people in general before showing any of their cards in public.

and its about time people learn that the name brodgar is cursed enough to activate haven griefers dna reminding them as their target whenever they hear of it. i still always expect every brodgar to be something meaningful to this game.

I'm not sure I understand your criticism, sorry. I was in new brodgar before I even knew emerald city, and I judge people by how they behave in front of me, not by their relations or rumors, so robben's history is mostly irrelevant either way. At one point robben and whoever the chieftain was stopped logging on without notice. There were still about 12 active players in the village, and one or two more spawning every week - the recruitment thread was still up. We couldn't get anyone to give perms, open the gates to bring animals in or out, to oath back after a trade, and some had to buy tresspass just to do stuff on the idol area. During that time I made new plots outside the bannered area of the village for the new players while they waited for a reply from the LS, taught and brought them stuff from inside because my char still had perms. If you go there with your legacy char you'll probably see unusual plot formations on the internal south and east sides, and also structures outside the wallline because some walked their chars there and waited outside for a long time hoping for an oath.

Weeks passed, we were raided, then some more time passed and then I gave up because too many had left - all that without a single reply from the LS. Later in w7 he wanted to open a new city, and then others disputed his commitment because of what he had done in new brodgar, and he replied in the worst way possible. Does that answer your question? He challenges that and it's just his word against mine though, which is why it's pointless to keep pushing this while we don't have access to the w7 archive. Give him the benefit of the doubt if you want. I only gave my opinion because someone asked what issue we critics seem to have against him.

tl;dr, just because he calls his town "new brodgar", you shouldnt expect him to present it the way you want the brodgar to be. its a totally different group led by a different person who loves larping.

That's not what I expect though. I expect leaders to behave as leaders and be responsible for their villagers - for their actions, and also for their needs. In my experience robben failed in both. I don't question his larpiness, dedication, or creativity. I would probably have joined w8 new brodgar had I not known him last world. And I have nothing against new brodgar in itself either. In w7 there were several villages designed to help new players, but now new brodgar is the only one, and the world needs it.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot