Lock please

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Bob Dole faction official truce with brodgar

Postby Zeler » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:07 pm

_Gunnar wrote:TBH I don't see a lot of fucking over going on on either side, just a lot of forum posts... Prove me wrong, someone.

It mostly revolves around them standing under our gates or cornerposts and running away when we come out.
Zeler

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:14 pm

With 20 people, camping rams becomes sort of feasible... depending on timezones and lifestyle choices.

Maybe there will be a siege update next monday that forces something to happen

seems unlikely
_Gunnar

Postby NaoWhut » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Siege update? damn that'd be sexy

all that death
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby jordancoles » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:27 pm

Let me attach 5 ropes to a log and make a 2-man palisade basher :)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:34 pm

Speaking of which, are the important plots in brodgar brickwalled yet? I haven't been past in a while...
_Gunnar

Postby LadyGoo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:57 pm

rye130 wrote:Yeah they have other friends who are too embarrassed to say they've teamed up with Brodgar, even though we already know who they are. Basically everyone we fucked over the first couple weeks decided to team up to all get together to get fucked again.
That is called a coalition. "A coalition comes with no obligation to aid coalition members in wars that are not against the target. As a result, rivals may join a coalition to stop a mutually disliked nation, even if the rival countries would never sign an alliance".
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby NaoWhut » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:07 am

_Gunnar wrote:Speaking of which, are the important plots in brodgar brickwalled yet? I haven't been past in a while...

I didn't see a single brick wall, however
they did change their keys since i last
visited... so maybe they've got shit hidden
somewhere
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby Gabula » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:55 am

jordancoles wrote:Let me attach 5 ropes to a log and make a 2-man palisade basher :)

Why can't 4 hearthlings just carry a battering ram with them? Surprise palibashing, no sledgehammers required :D
Gabula

Postby Vigilance » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:18 am

each hand full of 5 pages i check in and read gets gayer and gayer

maybe brodgar just needs someone with half a sense of the raider mindset to join their army? clearly i should sign up, i'm quite fond of teleporting around and seeing no action, Pandemonium prepared me for it. ¦]

(no hate on pandem folks, just silly in hindsight how little fighting i ever actually did there)
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Avu » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:59 am

_Gunnar wrote:With 20 people, camping rams becomes sort of feasible... depending on timezones and lifestyle choices.

Maybe there will be a siege update next monday that forces something to happen

seems unlikely

You can't feasibly camp stuff for that long unless you outnumber the other team at stupid high ratios. A siege system would first need an improved vandalism system. If it takes my town half a year to get to a point it better take half a year for it to be destroyed if I'm active. Come in a bit steal a metal bar and 3 carrots then fuck off for a while. I don't quit you get to come again. PVP interactions are too binary there's no shades of gray someone either dies or escapes. There is never any reason to let someone live, as for town invasions if the destructive power was less you could lessen the high cost of breaching. Say you are protected from murder on your claim/town claim and you're structures need to be burned down which is expensive but easy to put out and say enemies can only steal very few items before some karma meter goes haywire. Yes these are huge bonuses for defenders compared to what we have now but it's the only way if you want to do actual raiding instead of lucky ram town wipes or eternal stalemates. You should crush the other sides spirit rather than reason to log in.

The wound system should be enough to feel you achieve something instead of murdering (no permanent wounds).

There also need to be other reasons to let people live. A formalized tribute system, some system of prestige that has tangible effects on ones area of influence. Say you decide to interact with all the people around your town and enforce your supremacy you ask them politely (or not) to declare themselves vassals they do and you get prestige depending on their activity and area of influence this prestige can be used up in warfare with other top dogs in various ways.

As for your conflict here carry on.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot