Amish Paradise

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Amish Paradise

Postby dafels » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:08 pm

barra wrote:Here's the kill. That was my hunter/fighter, the same one who found the ram outside Anorak earlier today. RIP. I came after I heard somebody was attacking a fishing alt and bashing the piles of fish nearby and found 3 guys outside the main gate and nowhere to run.

Mind if I ask why she was killed? Is it because I refused that wrought iron shakedown back in October or was I just in the way? And how do you do that "attack-through-the-gate" trick? Does it work over walls too? I wouldn't have remained in that spot if I'd known about it.

lol u nabz need to learn more about a top feature such as wallfighting, it's been there since haven exists
dafels

Postby Onep » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Being dumb enough to stand next to a gate and get killed by raiders. Have you never used Haven's combat before?
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby barra » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:16 pm

Onep wrote:Being dumb enough to stand next to a gate and get killed by raiders. Have you never used Haven's combat before?

I never saw attack-through-gate in legacy. I wasn't aware it was possible, beyond fixed walljumping glitches. How much combat does it take to discover it?
loftar wrote:You do appear to need a good trolling.
barra

Postby dafels » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:21 pm

barra wrote:
Onep wrote:Being dumb enough to stand next to a gate and get killed by raiders. Have you never used Haven's combat before?

I never saw attack-through-gate in legacy. I wasn't aware it was possible, beyond fixed walljumping glitches. How much combat does it take to discover it?

you could see wallfighting through all w6-w7 if you were playing and PvPing back then
dafels

Postby barra » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:22 pm

dafels wrote:you could see wallfighting through all w6-w7 if you were playing and PvPing back then

I took a break after W5 :oops:
barra

Postby Onep » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:28 pm

You can get hit and hit animals through cliffs and same with players. The gate isn't a full square so it's not a big assumption to assume you could hit through one.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Ganhart » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:53 pm

MusicWarrior wrote:Hey Ganhart tell your dumb villagers that if they tp, the character shows the direction of the hf so next time you want to kill my fishing alt tp a little bit further plz

Sorry for your loss, mate. What a shame our villages couldn't have a better relationship. Well, maybe in the next world.
Ganhart

Postby barra » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:57 pm

Onep wrote:You can get hit and hit animals through cliffs and same with players. The gate isn't a full square so it's not a big assumption to assume you could hit through one.

You can climb cliffs, you can't traverse closed gates. If you try to attack someone over a cliff, no problem, but if you try to attack someone over a wall or closed gate it stops you with a warning message. You also can't be shot with ranged attacks over a closed gate. So yeah, it is a big assumption that someone could be hit with melee attacks over a closed gate in spite of all this. And as far as I can tell, it isn't reported on the bug forums.

Hey I fully expected that character to be minced by you guys outside the gates in a nasty 3v1 brawl so I made my best attempt at it. I'm salty she made it safely through the gauntlet only to die afterwards to a bug that lets you hit people over walls. I wanted some banter with you guys through the bars of the gate like a proper larper. ;)
barra

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:49 pm

People would 1v1 through walls during big-dick contests. They'd always back off when DEF got broke, but it's been well-known for a while.
DDDsDD999

Postby ramones » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:20 am

Another on of HnH features, lol.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

PreviousNext