New Brodgar - War of Newb Defense

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

New Brodgar - War of Newb Defense

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:33 pm

Pursuant to: viewtopic.php?p=580029#p580029

Background:
On August 28th, New Brodgar began the process of forming a free and open city, open to any newb or hermit to settle. Within a few days we reached dozens of settlers.

Unlike previous iterations of Brodgar, conscious effort was made to prepare for the eventual raids on the city that had struck (and ultimately contributed to the demise of) previous Brodgars. It was not long before we had to deal with bandits. Keen to protect our new players from bandits and preserve our way of life, we succeeded in ridding the Hearthlands of those who entered our city to prey on the weak. We received some attention for killing the (then, but now reformed) newb killer Bob Dole.

Without communication or pretext, on Monday, October 5th, Ainran raided our city, murdering a newbs alt in the city center, stealing some minor valuables left in the open, pulling new players hides off their racks, and being regular old Ainran.

The next morning I contacted one of their number, and requested that we be allowed to live in peace. I also separately posted a thread seeking input from faction leaders, hoping to find some consensus that would allow New Brodgar to exist as a neutral trade hub and newb Haven.

Ainran's response was to fill my peace treaty thread with posts from Ainran and R'Lyeh members posturing for war -weakly attempting to construe our calls for peace as antagonism, in an attempt to justify their aggression.

They began a series of attacks on the city, offering ridiculous and false offers of peace that they have historically made to groups that they intend to bully, which they never have any intentions of honoring.

Faced with the fact that we were assailed by a group absolutely bent on lying, stealing, manipulating, and murdering even the most helpless of newbs for laughs, we had to make the decision to fight or run.

We decided that if we ran, it would only be a matter of time before it began again. There truly was only one option.

Battle of R'lyeh Bait:

On Saturday, October 24th, Ainran and R'Lyeh attempted to lay a trap.
They had some soul travel around advertising themself as me in disguise, seeking access to poor newbs plots to kill them.
We responded.
They attempted to attack us.
They ran, we won.

Bhare, AKA BMJClark was slain.

This is just a very small success for New Brodgar - We are extremely happy to have brought justice to a core member of Ainran, a group absolutely happy to use predatory tactics to prey on newbs.

Battle of the Karl Charge:
On the night of October 26th, Bob Dole and Karl Burkveist charged into R'Lyeh with reckless abandon. Shits were not given, balls were huge, they fought LOCKED INSIDE R'Lyeh. Although they got multiple strikes off on their foes, they quickly became outnumbered. Karl sacrificed his 80k LP, unarmored self to let Bob Dole vanish into the houses and port away.

We Will Fight Them in Their Homelands:
On the night of October 28th, 2015, the humble citizens of New Brodgar responded to recent attempts by Ainran/R'lyeh to raid our city. With great tenacity, we ventured into the heart of darkness. Not fearing their warriors, we brazenly traversed their countryside. Roaming the lands, we happened upon Dora the Explorer, the character of one Banok. This character is notable for having previously come to the city of New Brodgar where it was invited with the same good faith and welcome we provide to all individuals.

His visit was not a kind one, however. Accusatory and brazenly lying, Dora the Explorer paraded that we had left "scents of theft." Confused and somewhat taken aback at the accusation that one of ours was stealing, we figured it was a tall tale. As we are peaceful, he left in good health. Participating in the war, however, R'Lyeh's propaganda captain has been given a taste of bitter truth.

A burial will be provided to the fallen enemy, after we retrieve his/her skull.

+ Merchant robe, x2 tsacks, ranger cloak

Battle of The Great Road:
On the night of October 30th, New Brodgar met Ainran as they were trying to rally on our road system.
Two were killed, one managed to dump part of his gear into the water as he was slain.
The other dropped his full set of PvP gear, including Thane's rings.

One was Jiochan, will post the skull of the other tomorrow night when we can confirm.
Jiochan's stats:
Second skull was likely BMJClark's new character.

The Sacking of R'Lyeh:
Original artwork, Credit: Kyo Sokutati - Celebrating the sacking of R'Lyeh by Brodgarian forces.
jorb wrote:Only those who have seen the horrors of the sunken city may know its name.

The nightmare corpse-city of R'lyeh... built in measureless eons behind history by the vast, loathsome shapes that seeped down from the dark stars.

Fortuitously named.

On November 7th, 2015, the Brodgarian coalition arrived in hostile territory to bring a decisive blow to our enemies. We gathered our host and marched on our enemies capital.

No efforts were made to defend the city once we penetrated.
The destruction was swift.

The war is likely over. Ainran/R'Lyeh no longer have the ability to meet us on the open field, R'Lyeh has disbanded.
Ainran may continue to harass our newbs with naked alts, or perhaps develop until they become palibashers, but before the sack they abandoned efforts to fight us - Now they are truly without power.

The bullies were given a dose of their own medicine, and the taste is bitter. By their own convoluted logic, they have accused us of being villains for dispensing justice. However, our work is largely done:
mietzi94 wrote:
Pls come back good old days, where brodgar doesnt ally with noob killers like dole, and focus on protecting their villagers and not raiding villages which killed a few NB noobs, because you guys had NO FUCKING BALLS to protect them and just stayed inside your plot, while we killed your villagers. you are just scumbags.

Call to Assist:

There is still a long way to go before our vision of a peaceful and neutral trade center can be established for new players to learn to play, and for other players to travel to for trade purposes.
Our goal is to never have to fight again, but first we must push off our aggressors.
If you are willing to help us with material support in our war of peace, so that we can end this and return only to fostering new players, we would appreciate the assistance. Feel free to contact me.

Warning of Deception/Spies:
Over the course of the conflict, our enemies have attempted to use deception to spread misinformation about us. Be wary of anything you read, meet us in game to develop your own opinion of how nice we we are!

Also be careful of spying, they seem to be branching out to other groups:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=44610
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=44505

Hereby Signed and Sworn to be Truthful,
Robben DuMarsch
Last edited by Robben_DuMarsch on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:22 am, edited 29 times in total.
Robben_DuMarsch

Re: New Brodgar - War of Newb Defense

Postby RedKGB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:55 pm

I am very glad to see you grow into the competitive faction that I knew NB was capable of being.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Cajoes » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:01 pm

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
Cajoes

Postby RedKGB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:10 pm

I don’t think that being competitive is a bad thing. I find it to be a good thing. I even went ahead and gave yall a thumbs up for it.
Let’s face it, hermits cannot extract the power that your group is capable of. Once again, I congratulate you on becoming a competitive faction.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:07 pm

We won't ever deploy our militia to fight anyone but those that kill our players or attack traders in our city.

There is no desire to become a warlike faction or even rangers. Competition isn't what we are about.

If Ainran and R'Lyeh were to fade into the distance, we would return to peace with only fond memories of our companions.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby banok » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Congrats New Brodgar!

Yeah I cant be fucked arguing with trolls and propagandists on forums anymore. See you in game.
banok

Postby RedKGB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:18 pm

com·pet·i·tive
/kəmˈpedədiv/
adjective
adjective: competitive
1. of, relating to, or characterized by competition.
"a competitive sport"
synonyms:
ruthless, aggressive, fierce; More
Darwinian;
informaldog-eat-dog, cutthroat
"a highly competitive industry"

having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.
she had a competitive streak"

synonyms:
ambitious, zealous, keen, pushy, combative, aggressive
"a competitive player"

antonyms:
apathetic

2. as good as or better than others of a comparable nature.

I am going by and applying the second definition. You could, under certain situation, use part of the first definition.

I respect your stance, this is my take from your post and your actions. Once again, it is not a negative thing.
RedKGB

Postby overtyped » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:59 pm

RedKGB wrote:com·pet·i·tive
/kəmˈpedədiv/
adjective
adjective: competitive
1. of, relating to, or characterized by competition.
"a competitive sport"
synonyms:
ruthless, aggressive, fierce; More
Darwinian;
informaldog-eat-dog, cutthroat
"a highly competitive industry"

having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.
she had a competitive streak"

synonyms:
ambitious, zealous, keen, pushy, combative, aggressive
"a competitive player"

antonyms:
apathetic

2. as good as or better than others of a comparable nature.

I am going by and applying the second definition. You could, under certain situation, use part of the first definition.

I respect your stance, this is my take from your post and your actions. Once again, it is not a negative thing.

If your group makes a heartfelt apology, and a intent to reform your ways, then Bob Dole and friends will spare your little group of misfit toys.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Redempter » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:04 pm

banok wrote:Congrats New Brodgar!

Yeah I cant be fucked arguing with trolls and propagandists on forums anymore. See you in game.

Dare say loud and clear that Ainran and R'lyeh weren't the first to start the hostility. Show us who the real propagandists is!
Redempter

Postby RedKGB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:09 pm

overtyped wrote:If your group makes a heartfelt apology, and a intent to reform your ways, then Bob Dole and friends will spare your little group of misfit toys.

Well I am not in charge of the group, in fact I don’t even kill or fight animals. So that would need to come from on high.

I like it pointed out again, I have been in favor of NB having a trade hub, and them being strong(competitive enough) to defend traders.
RedKGB

Next

Return to The Moot