Base Destruction [Video]

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Base Destruction [Video]

Postby strpk0 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:37 am

People are angry because someone is doing what they want in a sandbox game

wat
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:14 am

strpk0 wrote:People are angry because someone is doing what they want in a sandbox game

wat

if youre simply doing what you wanna do in a sandbox game, you dont have to make an excuse and put a blame on others for your own douche move, do you?
Tonkyhonk

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:19 am

I speculate there may be a few possible reasons for the resentment:
- The implication that this is a bug raid because Jordan used a horse to cause more damage than intentional. However it is also stated that such feat was possible perform with mundane game mechanics, albeit with more difficulty.
- The fact that they destroyed a bunch of brick stockpile, well knowing that it was a lot of work. Of course that doesn't differentiate this from other raids, though they did admit in video that it was a dick move.
- The excessive force of destruction they want to display with the bug. Whether it was necessary is up for individual interpretation.
- Jordan isn't a popular person in the Haven community.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby strpk0 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:44 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:
strpk0 wrote:People are angry because someone is doing what they want in a sandbox game

wat

if youre simply doing what you wanna do in a sandbox game, you dont have to make an excuse and put a blame on others for your own douche move, do you?

No, but you perfectly can if you want. And I don't think body shaming or taking it really personal against someone in general is a better move either, specially when it's due to a game.

Think about it this way, if I wasn't Jordan Coles (got nothing against him, it's just obvious there's a lot of people that do) and I did the exact same thing to someone I wouldn't get people calling me a "hipster-bearded dick". I would at most simply be tracked down and killed (how conflicts like this are supposed to be resolved in a sandbox open PvP game).
It's just pathetic to act like a white knight of absolute righteousness when things like this happen. Yes, it was a dick move, but it's a dick move that is just part of the game, and IMO not grounds for taking it fully personal against someone simply because you disagree with what they did.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:45 am

strpk0 wrote:IMO not grounds for taking it fully personal against someone simply because you disagree with what they did.

the point of posting on the forums is to share your opinions/experiences/whatever with others. not sure what you actually mean by "fully personal" though. if you wanna play a villain, its your call, but blaming devs/others for your dick move is on a totally different level.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Archiplex » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:54 am

Nothing wrong with being a dick

if you dislike them, kill them.

I'll repeat that a thousandfold times.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby hbc » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:16 am

jordancoles wrote:Lol if you're going to post the map at least get the village name right :lol:
Now guess which plot is mine :)

I passed your village a few weeks ago. I do not know, why I remember your village as the New Detroit and not Impoverished Detroit.
My English is bad. Basically, I use Google translator.
hbc

Postby boshaw » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:22 am

hbc wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Lol if you're going to post the map at least get the village name right :lol:
Now guess which plot is mine :)

I passed your village a few weeks ago. I do not know, why I remember your village as the New Detroit and not Impoverished Detroit.

You probably walked past our other base that's named New Detroit, just not in the same location.
boshaw

Postby FerrousToast » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:50 am

strpk0 wrote:-the phrase body shaming
-mean words hurt more then being tracked and killed
-calling others white knights

the fuck did I just read
FerrousToast

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:58 am

Archiplex wrote:Nothing wrong with being a dick

if you dislike them, kill them.

I'll repeat that a thousandfold times.

killing someone in game solves as much as bitching about someone on the forums. please enjoy killing whoever you dislike.
Tonkyhonk

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot