Base Destruction [Video]

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Base Destruction [Video]

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:07 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:killing someone in game solves as much as bitching about someone on the forums. please enjoy killing whoever you dislike.

And is just as helpful in vengeance, not much.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby hbc » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:03 am

boshaw wrote:
hbc wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Lol if you're going to post the map at least get the village name right :lol:
Now guess which plot is mine :)

I passed your village a few weeks ago. I do not know, why I remember your village as the New Detroit and not Impoverished Detroit.

You probably walked past our other base that's named New Detroit, just not in the same location.

By jordan's videos on YouTube and Twitch, you can make sure that this is the village. I just remember the name wrong, because I did not record it anywhere.
My English is bad. Basically, I use Google translator.
hbc

Postby Onep » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:07 am

Archiplex wrote:Nothing wrong with being a dick

if you dislike them, kill them.

I'll repeat that a thousandfold times.

You keep saying this like it's actually a possibility. Brick walls are literally an impenetrable wall if you can be assed to check them once or twice a day. Not to mention it's an incredibly simple task to automate. And it's not like anyone leaves their brick walls anyways anymore. So unless you want to camp a crossroad or ram for 24 hours you're probably not going to see a soul. And even with a ram most cities worth their salt have multiple brick walls, making it require even more rams and camping.

But by all means Archy, you're welcome to come over here so I can kill you.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby borka » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:42 pm

@strpk0

The dick move wasn't the raiding and destroying itself ...

Onep wrote:
jordancoles wrote:
pedorlee wrote:

Lol, wtf? Yoou're such a tool.

:lol:
borka

Postby strpk0 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:20 am

borka wrote:@strpk0

The dick move wasn't the raiding and destroying itself ...

Huh, well I suppose I shouldn't be commenting on things I'm not 100% aware of anyway. Sorry about that.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Bowshot125 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:43 pm

Isn't this exploiting? Where are the god nukes?
Bowshot125

Postby rye130 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:03 am

Bowshot125 wrote:Isn't this exploiting? Where are the god nukes?

I think there is a pretty extreme and obvious difference between this "exploiting" and the exploits which resulted in punishment.
rye130

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:21 am

I think bug jumping was nukable because there is absolutely no defense against it, game mechanics wise. The same can be said about being able to have nigh-infinite LP able to make not mere titans but quasi-deities. Going even further to the dark path is actually dealing with account-stealing (doesn't count if it is shared!), brute-force, trojan horse, and (fortunately hasn't happened yet) actual hacking.

What is displayed here is essentially what you could called a dick move exploit but won't let you assault people with even triple layer walls with impunity as you have to actually break into the base first.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby rye130 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:24 am

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:I think bug jumping was nukable because there is absolutely no defense against it, game mechanics wise. The same can be said about being able to have nigh-infinite LP able to make not mere titans but quasi-deities. Going even further to the dark path is actually dealing with account-stealing (doesn't count if it is shared!), brute-force, trojan horse, and (fortunately hasn't happened yet) actual hacking.

What is displayed here is essentially what you could called a dick move exploit but won't let you assault people with even triple layer walls with impunity as you have to actually break into the base first.

Its also more of an abuse of an intended mechanic than an exploit. Still a dick move though.
rye130

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:29 am

There were some abuses of intended mechanics that were also game breakers, notably summoning. Before patch, you can have one single spy that doesn't even have to open any gates or anything, just summon the entire army into the enemy base. After patch, it turn into summoning dead alts in the guy you are chasing's face to stop them from moving for a bit.
Patchouli_Knowledge

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot