Base Destruction [Video]

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Base Destruction [Video]

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:58 pm

Preferably if I were to kill someone who was raiding in my base, they would at least have a developed skull

Regular sieges would mean that they would need to buff the speed of rebuilding characters though, which would also make alts easier in the process lol

I think it's a choice between either
Low amount of raids monthly, devastating loss for successful raids and a real kick in the balls upon character death
or
Regular sieges across the map which is almost sportsman-like with fast rebuild times and combat alts everywhere, making the game more of a pvp sandbox instead of taking the more social route

It's hard to come up with a middleground where combat and crime doesn't favor alts and doesn't force people to quit when they're raided for the first time, while at the same time keeping siege on a level that doesn't make it too tedious to be worth the effort
Last edited by jordancoles on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:58 pm

I don't think it is the matter of how much alts are worth but how much effort does it take to create one that isn't a throwaway. If you can AFK manufacture 50 titans, they are all worthy a lot technically but losing them as as painful as clipping a nail.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Onep » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:22 pm

You can justify all your bullshit all your want, but it's pretty simple. An asshole is going to be an asshole no matter what. They can't fix and stop every single little act of griefing. If there's a will there's a way.

They tried to stop blocking animals, and people like you go out and wreck shit and act like you're doing it out of some sort of altruism? Whatever, you shitter. If you're going to be a shitter at least fess up to it. lol.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:25 pm

Onep wrote:You can justify all your bullshit all your want, but it's pretty simple. An asshole is going to be an asshole no matter what. They can't fix and stop every single little act of griefing. If there's a will there's a way.

They tried to stop blocking animals, and people like you go out and wreck shit and act like you're doing it out of some sort of altruism? Whatever, you shitter. If you're going to be a shitter at least fess up to it. lol.

jordancoles wrote:Yes, we went above and beyond what we would have normally destroyed, and yes, it was a dick move. Sorry to the dude we fukt up, but I wanted to record this type of thing at least once because Jorbtar seems to be ignorant to how the game is actually played.

It's in the very first post you nerd lol
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby nethack » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:46 pm

jordancoles wrote:
ramones wrote:I understand you would raid anyone to get some loot and kills. Why would you destroy his brick stuff, manisons and other stuff? :(

It's a feature

No, it's not. The intended feature is that animals will break stockpiles made especially to trap them by players who wanted to circumvent hunting the way it was designed.

Willingly using a feature to achieve something that it was not intended for, and with the clear goal of hurting another player : that's the very definition of abuse. And, IMO, notwithstanding the actual problem, it should be treated as such. Like other have said you didn't even bother trying to report it.
nethack

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:51 pm

I'm aware that it's not a feature lol, and what would that report look like?
"Hey guys, your animals are working as intended and are breaking shit in their way" :lol:

This issue has been around since legacy Haven, only there you could also break full authority village idols and statues :roll:
It's a known issue, it just hasn't been looked at yet

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby pedorlee » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:01 am

jordancoles wrote:I'm aware that it's not a feature lol, and what would that report look like?
"Hey guys, your animals are working as intended and are breaking shit in their way" :lol:

This issue has been around since legacy Haven, only there you could also break full authority village idols and statues :roll:

"A clever guy who fucks it up when it comes to morals"
PedorLee dixit 07/12/2k15

I erased the post but it fits perfectly here...

Facepalm.
pedorlee

Postby ramones » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:02 am

Well, in one way it is an exploity abuse like nethack said, same as if you were to bugjump someones walls. Chair was not there to jump over the wall, its to eat behind the table. Without that horse u would not destroy 20 piles of bricks. If you would, you would have much less hp than you had after the raid. I'm not sure how reporting would look like, since probably its a known problem, but the abuse of it is just not in a way.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby nethack » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:06 am

jordancoles wrote:I'm aware that it's not a feature lol, and what would that report look like?

Except legacy was free and Hafen is not. I hope this guy didn't sub because free time lost and payed for time are very different things.

You can discuss all day long that the supposed price to pay (the shp lost) are too low when you destroy a player base but that's a whole other story than going around destroying stuff circumventing the rules. In a free game that's fine. In a paying game that's going to kill the player base faster then you can aggro that horse.
nethack

Postby boshaw » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:07 am

Can we ban coles yet?
boshaw

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot