Base Destruction [Video]

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Base Destruction [Video]

Postby AAlex » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:03 pm

ramones wrote:I understand you would raid anyone to get some loot and kills. Why would you destroy his brick stuff, manisons and other stuff? :(

Especially somewhere called 'Happy Peaceful Town', or what ever it was called. Apparently smashing stuff 'because you can' is great fun. I've done my fair share of rading and killing, but this is just griefing...
AAlex

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:05 pm

AAlex wrote:this is just griefing...

Yes.

How would you like to change it?
Personally I don't think animals should be bashing things, reserve that for trolls or something

It was cheesy to just box in horses and bears for early world hunting, but this is the alternative of it
I suppose you could make it so that they can't bash things on a claim, but that brings up other workarounds such as making a pclaim over a bear early-world to hunt in safety
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jorb » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:11 pm

warrri wrote:The animal hardly makes a difference. Not like losing 200shp is any trouble. Just bring some steak and tubers. You were redhanded anyway and the additional duration between theft and vandalism doesnt matter either.
You can just bash all that stuff by hand (on a raid with broken wall), thats the problem. Who cares if a horse can do it. If someone lets a visitor in who clearly has a wild animal aggrod its his fault.

I agree with this.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:13 pm

jordancoles wrote:I've been complaining about how hard it is to switch targets in combat and about how hard it is to determine your main target for ages. I've stressed the importance of that, and it should be obvious why that should be a priority, but I've yet to see any effort going towards that major flaw. Why would this be different if I used the same methods?

But that is bullshit though, coles, as you clearly can't use that problem of yours for untoward raiding purposes. The point was perhaps not that we fix whatever you point at, but that we probably fix game breaking bugs you point to, especially if they can be used to hurt others.

That being said I don't think the horse is the problem here.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:17 pm

jorb wrote:
warrri wrote:The animal hardly makes a difference. Not like losing 200shp is any trouble. Just bring some steak and tubers. You were redhanded anyway and the additional duration between theft and vandalism doesnt matter either.
You can just bash all that stuff by hand (on a raid with broken wall), thats the problem. Who cares if a horse can do it. If someone lets a visitor in who clearly has a wild animal aggrod its his fault.

I agree with this.

You're agreeing that once you're inside you could just bash it by hand and that the horse doing it instead doesn't matter?
Later on when we CAN'T bash it by hand the horse would likely still do it for you and that's why I'm bringing this up now

Also this can be moved to Critiques if someone feels like it, wasn't sure where the best place would be for it
Last edited by jordancoles on Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby burgingham » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:18 pm

@Jorb: It is a problem though. I agree there are bigger problems hidden behind it, but abusing animals in such a fashion is still bullshit.
burgingham

Postby venatorvenator » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:19 pm

jorb wrote:

I agree with this.

You agree that the fault is the victim's because he lacked knowledge or forum experience to know that this is a thing?

And anyway, the attacker could just aggro the player before entering the gate, kill him, then go out to aggro an animal and come back to wreck the place without resistance.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby jorb » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:20 pm

burgingham wrote:@Jorb: It is a problem though. I agree there are bigger problems hidden behind it, but abusing animals in such a fashion is still bullshit.

Sure.

jorb

Postby ramones » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:23 pm

So what we need is vandalism now taking 50 hhp per 1 scent to prevent griefing?
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:25 pm

ramones wrote:So what we need is vandalism now taking 50 hhp per 1 scent to prevent griefing?

Jorbs suggested solution in the siege thread is time gates for it.
_Gunnar

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot