Base Destruction [Video]

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Base Destruction [Video]

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:26 pm

ramones wrote:So what we need is vandalism now taking 50 hhp per 1 scent to prevent griefing?

With no fix to animals it could be 100 hhp per tick and it wouldn't stop griefing
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ramones » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:27 pm

Simple fix. Just remove them bashing stuff until something else gets figured out :)
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:27 pm

I should note that we all witness there was a lot of bricks stockpiled inside meaning that the victim was preparing to build a brickwall but is too late as the raiders has gotten to them first. Then poof, all of that stockpile work as been for nothing along with everything else. The victim cannot be blamed of the fact that he has only a palisade defense because their are aware and are trying to get it up but is too late.

I am pretty confident in the fact that even if there is a siege system up, people are going slither around and find a way to destroy things while bypassing the system as a path of least resistance.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby MightySheep » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:29 pm

if mongolians raid your village irl theyd torch the freaking place to the ground, take all your sexy women and butcher the rest

and you want to whine about a few broken stockpiles and containers, sheesh
MightySheep

Postby burgingham » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:33 pm

You really know what this is all about...

You should maybe go to Mongolia then and do some rl raiding if that is so much fun. I hear Isis is recruiting too.
burgingham

Postby ramones » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm sure if devs care about the playerbase, they fill find solution to griefing sooner or later.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby venatorvenator » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:36 pm

No, they wouldn't. Most of the time Mongols left people alive and in working condition in order to receive tributes from them because they're not stupid and that's what real raiders do.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby jordancoles » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:38 pm

I cbf to count the exact amount of stockpiles but let's call it 2 rows with 20 full stockpiles in each (roughly what he had)
80 bricks per stockpile times 40 stockpiles is 3200 bricks

When I hand-bashed a stockpile I lost something like 3 shp for it
40 stockpiles at 3shp ea is 120 shp

120 shp to destroy 3200 bricks
This feels very disproportionate based on the amount of time needed to get the clay, transport it, burn it, and then store it into stockpiles
I could heal 120 SHP by eating a few sausages and walking away to watch an episode on Netflix

It's a hard thing to balance the destruction vs the build times, but with how fast animals currently bash, and when considering the advantages of using an animal vs handbashing, it's very hard to not see the horse as being the biggest problem right now

Yes, it's easy to destroy things by hand, but that can be tweaked accordingly
The issue is that none of those tweaks to player vandalism will matter until animal bashing is nerfed
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Avu » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:40 pm

I keep harping about the arson and related systems but because you didn't come up with it you're not even discussing it seriously. Buildings/contructibles needs set on fire, crops can only be harvested when done and then they are not actually removed (salt system to destroy them can be washed away) same with trees, animals need to be poisoned they can be saved, some other system I haven't thought of to prevent malicious dumping from containers. Allow wall scallings for theft and revenge. Having scents will open up doors towards the target much faster. All these need in before we make breaking inside bases easier.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:41 pm

There is no deterrence to griefing at all. I am probably mistaken, but I feel like it actually encourages it at times as well as molding player behavior to adapt to such policy. Even the more morally incline ones may have to do so against their enemies just to survive.

jordancoles wrote:

Except even if you nerf animal bashing, that won't stop people from destroying everything.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot