Area raided by NG+

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Area raided by NG+

Postby lachlaan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:59 pm

Agree, Pedorlee :p as a carebear, and a victim, i can at most wish that they choke on a deer dong ingame, and receive their part of raiding and death. Other than that though it's a game with PvP included so can't really expect them to not raid. If anything, I could blame Jorbtar for the ease with which i can be scouted, the ease with which a mid game palibasher can kick over any pali in someone's downtime. Could complain it's unfeasible to attempt a brick wall as a raider as the steel you'll use is the best bait for raiders. Hopefully the new siege system paradigm shift fixes that, but until then I expect a raider will raid, and a victim will wish nasty things upon the evil raiders. All in all they could've bashed more, and arguably could've bashed less :P So they are douchebags and also they aren't xD still, choke on a deer dong though, gotta stay in the in-game persona :(
lachlaan

Postby _Gunnar » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:01 pm

We put our initial steel production underground, but that was also before anyone had palibashers I think.
_Gunnar

Postby pedorlee » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:54 pm

_Gunnar wrote:We put our initial steel production underground, but that was also before anyone had palibashers I think.

That villages smelters were out of normal sight, they just saw a palli at the mine and they decided to go in. They did the same to all the neighbourhood.
pedorlee

Postby _Gunnar » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:30 pm

my post was more directed at Lachlaan, i guess. palibashing is pretty silly but so is the whole of siege.
_Gunnar

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:58 am

pedorlee wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:gentlemen dont even raid it without a good enough reason. stop trying to compare with the worst shit, please. ive been hearing these guys causing troubles all around that area for a long while.

They are a big group of active players who enjoy raiding. While they dont bug abuse or use xploits to do it everything is fine. This is not the sims Tonky. Dead and raids are a part of this game. Dont you think you are getting this too far? You are a veteran player.

*shivers*
i never found myself one. if anything, ive been here for some time but thats all, and that doesnt necessarily make me a veteran by my own definition.

if you enjoy being raided, then good for you and i congratulate you. sure, i do also try to enjoy whatever happens to me in game, but that doesnt make me feel like "appreciating" their fun until they actually start talking. no relationship after raid is just another griefing no matter how small a damage is, and the relationship you create with other victims in the area are your own efforts, not theirs. give the credit to where its due.
Tonkyhonk

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:04 pm

too "weak" (complicated concept) to leave scents safely
no offensive actions, scents or not
no scents
no scents except in "defense"
only offensive actions for justice
raiding the strong for loot but not destroying
raiding the weak for loot but not destroying
destroying strong villages
destroying weak villages

x attitude towards each of those policies...

External morality also exists within the game since we are people and not robots. What you say in this thread reveals where you draw the line, pedorlee, or who you want to avoid offending, perhaps.

(I already know roughly where Tonky draws the line, like all people it is complex)
_Gunnar

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:47 pm

well, i guess drawing a line may be a thing too, but my point is actually more like, you dont compare somali pirates with ISIL or boko haram to decide who is worse, and say you appreciate having pirates in your area because you get stronger ties with other countries or get some aid and supports for it...
Tonkyhonk

Postby borka » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:47 pm

pedorlee wrote:Agree.
The place was raided because of failures at defence and raiders were gentlemen by not completely raze it.
Good work there.

I'm reading this more like "whoa they didn't do what seems hip now and didn't try to take away all the fun from us"
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby pedorlee » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:48 pm

borka wrote:I'm reading this more like "whoa they didn't do what seems hip now and didn't try to take away all the fun from us"

That sum up everything. Yes.
As I said, and you know, raiding is a part of the game. This leads people to gather and try to fight that. It's like things work irl and in the game. I won't never complain about that. What I really dislike is the havok or chaos thats follows people without moral or ethics. People razing or killing players like Fobia in world 6 was a problem. Raiders breaking pallis or placing rams are something you count on once you start playing Haven. At least once you learn a bit how things work.
_Gunnar wrote:Switch {
Cases() :
}
"External morality also exists within the game since we are people and not robots. What you say in this thread reveals where you draw the line, pedorlee, or who you want to avoid offending, perhaps."
(I already know roughly where Tonky draws the line, like all people it is complex)

Thats very interesting. This all depends on own morals (ofc) and I can only speak about myself. I wanted to become a part of DIS-the elite-, I became a member of LO when the Knights fell and time after that I killed other players. At my last stage I tried to fight english DIS (Komodo, Tomaz, Mario and their allies) but I was weak. I tried to lure them by killing all I saw in their region and I succed on that. I had my own thread, and I felt like a shit for that. Patchouli wrote to me a couple mp and I felt horrible for that, I knew I had reached the bottom. We killed like 6 guys of a new village in less than a minute just with slings. Following days I added them to skype, they were angry and his leader hated me. I went to their village like 5 times in 2 days: I gave them a lot of stuff. Then I decided to kill all my chars and open the gates of all my villages and abandon my account.
I have no fear of DIS or great houses, I don't care about big factions.
Tonyhonk's line its excesively too much thin in my opinion.
Tonkyhonk wrote:well, i guess drawing a line may be a thing too, but my point is actually more like, you dont compare somali pirates with ISIL or boko haram to decide who is worse, and say you appreciate having pirates in your area because you get stronger ties with other countries or get some aid and supports for it...

If you really feel like this what you must do is gather a group of people with your will to make justice. This fire need to be fighted with fire. Just do it, I'll follow you.
pedorlee

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:59 pm

pedorlee wrote:-suggestion on banding together-

If it wasn't for brickwalls, attackers will often have the advantage.

• They can arrange a time of when they want their battle which gives them too advantage, deciding when to meet up will allow a higher percentage of their military personels to be online and attack during the time when the defenders are either asleep or at work/school. Those two factors allow the attackers to outnumber the defenders if done correctly.
  • Defenders can win any amount of times, attack only need to win once. If defender wins, attack may or may not lose combat characters which are superficial to replace. If attackers win, the defenders' base is most likely going to be wiped out and all of their quality things will be stolen or destroyed forcing them to start over or (most likely) quit.
  • If other factions decide to take revenge for the victim for various reasons (ex allied), there is a (good) chance that the scent will point towards a vault, thus masking the location and true faction identity of the raiders. Even if said vault is breached, the raiders will only lose the combat characters which might even just be vandal alts.

Brickwalls are the outside of the boolean factor. If the defender ram checks every 12 hours at least, then the attack can't do anything to the village but once the wall has been breached, the tide flips almost 100% (which is the often complained boolean factor of warfare). The only thing that can tilt the fight to the defender side is proper reinforcement (in a safe porting location, otherwise they can get picked off as they arrive).

Also, I should mention that w6 Fobia had a reason for his attacks. He is clearing out any various settlements around Melsonia since newbies would be taking any curiosities spawning (and potentially resource nodes) near them as well as keeping said newbies off near them. It isn't the most efficient or friendly reason but at least something that follows a form of logic.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot