Engeave Fell

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Engeave Fell

Postby FerrousToast » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:50 am

A peaceful farming village, renowned for its production of hazelnuts and linen, has been attacked, and had its occupants flee. We were extremely helpful to all around us, giving some local noobs bones to make glue for their first wagon, setting up public people with their needs, trying to simply improve the region, and better the area.

Choices were made

Everyone talked, and a decision came, for goods over safety, in the hopes it would continue improving our area and hopefully speed up our production significantly. An offer was made, giving up our steel along with a few eggs to pay the full price for good tools, and gear. The day before the trade, Linen was requested, and as we had quite a prolific quantity we ended up buying some more things just for the sake of trading over that linen. Over 650 pieces of linen were sold.

The storm approaches

We were scouted. I was merrily working away at my massive architectural wonder with a starvation alt, when someone ran up, and ran past. At first, he was dashing towards my characters, but then he saw they were naked when he ran up he didn't agro. I chased him down and kinned him, which he accepted, and tried to get him to talk. He pretty much refused to respond until he had run all the way around our town and confirmed he couldn't just walk inside and scout out what we had out in the open in the center. He left a scent checking the quality of our carrots before he continued running off, and then he started responding to me. He asked to trade, and asked to buy water, clay, or soil off us, so I told him all our q's and he said that they were lower. He offered to sell us an axe, and I responded with no thank you, and so he started pressing me on what Q we had and saying they had better. I simply did not respond, and went back to working, before logging off on the character he kinned, his character name was Волчик.

The day of the attack

Normally, it's me who is online, because I'm a total no lifer, but the attack came on my birthday, so I was spending time IRL rather than fucking around in game. It was one of our other villagers who put out the call that there was someone just outside of our walls. He had gotten used to getting spooked by my labor alts, so he messaged me at first, but I immediately panicked because it wasn't me. I got on my alt he had kinned to check if it was the same player, but he ran and said "don't kill me" in area chat before I could get close enough to see if the alarm would go off. None of us had any aggressive gear on us, so we figured he must have been lying just to make himself look good, we figured an attack might be coming. I had everyone who could log off with everything they could that was vital.

It's happening!!!

The same player who had seen the scout was logging on to do his farming, when he auto hearthed because of the enemy player alarm going off like crazy, so he logged out immediately and sent me a panicked message that there were at least 4 of them in the town, begging me to do something. I logged in with my heavy labor alt, and said hello and asked if there was anything I could offer them to have them leave peacefully, but the only reason I was able to type so much was because I was standing in a hazel orchard that had been cut down, and the guy who aggroed me had the most hilarious retarded struggle to get over to me. After they killed him, I quickly made another alt, and ran outside to take a few screenshots.
ImageImageImage

Holy shit, until I looked at that pic just now I had been under the impression there was only 5 of them, one of those dots is the dead labor alt, but all the rest are the invaders, that is at least 7 of them!

They were breaking their way into one of our players houses that was well sealed when I took the pics, but jokes on them, that player quit like as soon as he got his house and that wall up, so there was fuckall to get in there. Since they killed the alt taking screenshots as well, I made another, and started filling my inventory with everything else I could think of being useful, like wool and logged off for good. We had a third player log on with his alt every once in a while to look and see if it was safe to come on and they were gone.

The aftermath

Every cow slaughtered, all cupboards and chests destroyed, all metal destroyed, all smelters, steel crucibles, finery forges everything that could be nuked was. They didn't fuck up the 4 towers we had too much I think mostly because they ran out of our food to keep greifing with.

On my birthday :(
Last edited by FerrousToast on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
FerrousToast

Re: Engeave Fell

Postby venatorvenator » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:02 am

FerrousToast wrote:Every cow slaughtered, all cupboards and chests destroyed, all metal destroyed, all smelters, steel crucibles, finery forges everything that could be nuked was.

So pro, such fun for all parties involved.

Care to share in which part of the map that happened?
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby LadyGoo » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:03 am

I would like to note that this was done by the Great Houses faction. When I have asked why, Axcus, their representative came out with the following excuses:

1. They were attacking Engeave, because they were "supporting" Dis by trading with us.
My comments: First of all, trade and politics have little in common for me. I have been trading with people from various factions, including well-known allies of Great Houses. Secondly, Great Houses had no idea the village was trading with us until after the raid, when I mentioned that some people who were trading with us got raided.

2. The second reason was that they were hinting to give them 3 suckling's maws (ended up getting 25, according to their words from the RU Haven skype conference).
My comments: according to the OP, there were no such demands told prior the raid. But they were forcing the people to trade with them, apparently.

3. The third reason was that they have raided the place because the people were preparing to build a big brick wall and have claimed it.
My comments: sounds more like the truth.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:22 am

First of all, congratulations on a really good OP.

venatorvenator wrote:
FerrousToast wrote:Every cow slaughtered, all cupboards and chests destroyed, all metal destroyed, all smelters, steel crucibles, finery forges everything that could be nuked was.

What this guy said.
_Gunnar

Postby FerrousToast » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:24 am

venatorvenator wrote:

sure why not?

precise location here.

http://map.apxeolog.com/?x=-1809.6&y=-3290.32&zoom=5
FerrousToast

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:58 am

650 pieces of linen and no brick wall this late into the world?
p.s. give me pics of your feet
DDDsDD999

Postby FerrousToast » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:05 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:650 pieces of linen and no brick wall this late into the world?
p.s. give me pics of your feet

even more. Linen is easy, mining is hard :(
FerrousToast

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:29 am

7/10 thread -2 for no roleplay.... -1 for title.......

every thread needs roleplay..........
ChildhoodObesity

Postby FerrousToast » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:39 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:7/10 thread -2 for no roleplay....

every thread needs roleplay..........
FerrousToast wrote:A peaceful farming village, renowned for it's production of hazelnuts and linen, has been attacked, and had it's occupants flee. We were extremely helpful to all around us, giving some local noobs bones to make glue for their first wagon, setting up public people with their needs, trying to simply improve the region, and better the area.

(dat stormy sky pic)

what more do you want from me? T.T WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME
FerrousToast

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:31 am

Actually it was very good, natural roleplay
_Gunnar

Next

Return to The Moot