Engeave Fell

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Engeave Fell

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:26 pm

spawningmink wrote:with this worlds combat a char with 1 ua, rage, bear cape can kill someone with 300 ua....stats dont really matter

i think u need a weapon 2 xdddd, but not really lel the person would have 2 be retarded and not use manuevers or something and no one is that retarded. also everyone knows which decks are good and bad to be successful with any deck possible ur 1ua alt is gonna need a fukn ton of agil xddddd. ur only chance rlly at killing a good char with an alt is if they like fukn crash or something
ChildhoodObesity

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:32 pm

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:
rye130 wrote:When you spend an hour traveling to place, half an hour breaking in, and find nothing of value inside, you rationalize that spending an extra half and hour smashing stuff for fun isn't such a bad idea. The time investment involved in most raids is pretty steep so spending a little extra time for some mindless, barbaric fun becomes a good idea.

Does everyone else in Ainran feels this way? Do you still do this even if you find something? I've been trying to find the missing reason of why people would simply destroy everything in the base that has been avoiding my for some time now.

im sure most of them feel that way, tbh its a pretty reasonable argument. when i used to grief ppl hard i was hoping they would make a thread about it for a few reasons, i could laugh at the thread for 1, people will probably go get scents to track me which will lead to me finding a fight. im 2 lazy 2 grief now tho
ChildhoodObesity

Postby rye130 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:37 pm

rye130 wrote:When you spend an hour traveling to place, half an hour breaking in, and find nothing of value inside, you rationalize that spending an extra half and hour smashing stuff for fun isn't such a bad idea. The time investment involved in most raids is pretty steep so spending a little extra time for some mindless, barbaric fun becomes a good idea.

Does everyone else in Ainran feels this way? Do you still do this even if you find something? I've been trying to find the missing reason of why people would simply destroy everything in the base that has been avoiding my for some time now.

I can't really speak for everyone else, since everyone has differing opinions on if/how much should be broken.

And I'm not sure if there really is any one reason for it. Sometimes you just feel like smashing stuff. Other times you take pity on the victim and don't do any kind of smashing.

ChildhoodObesity wrote:i was hoping they would make a thread about it for a few reasons, i could laugh at the thread for 1, people will probably go get scents to track me which will lead to me finding a fight. im 2 lazy 2 grief now tho

Yeah, seeing people post about your actions can be fun/funny. The horse smashing thing was just fun to see how broken the AI was.
rye130

Postby jordancoles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:35 am

Does everyone else in Ainran feels this way?

Probably

If I KO you and I'm going to be waiting an hour twiddling my thumbs anyways, I'm going to just kill you
You have to KO to check their l00tz and once they're on the ground you're already redhanded, so it goes one after the other 99% of the time
Leaving the person alive and letting them get up while raiding isn't a great idea because then they're just in the way, and if more end up coming to defend you'd have an extra person attacking you later on

As far as base destruction goes, we don't usually level everything. It's a huge pain in the ass so random noobs don't make it worth the effort. We've had a few instances where the person is calling us names or alt vaulting their good shit as we bashed in, and that would likely give us the motivation to destroy instead of loot... Also if they repaired the wall and we still got in that'd be 200% salted earth for sure :roll:

Idk, outside of how the player feels at the time and how the victim acts towards their attacker to change their state of mind, there's not really anything stopping you from griefing above and beyond what is needed
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:52 am

FerrousToast wrote:they had NO way of knowing I had even traded before had, and had no idea until a while after they had already destroyed us about who as I never told them anything (though if our shitty village has a good axe I suppose it is safe to assume we are trading with somebody.)

you mean, the raid happened before this?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45488&start=30#p593671

So while I can totally agree with you that those sorts of things are much better reasons to raid a base, if the people you are raiding have no fucking idea what they did to make you mad, is any reason really all that different from Trollolololol?

not like im supposed to be a judge to give you a verdict, you know? its just me being curious.
also, quite often things happen while most villagers not knowing about it at all. sometimes its a huge misunderstanding (like kbtit and mazes village), sometimes its for real.
Tonkyhonk

Postby FerrousToast » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:56 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:
FerrousToast wrote:they had NO way of knowing I had even traded before had, and had no idea until a while after they had already destroyed us about who as I never told them anything (though if our shitty village has a good axe I suppose it is safe to assume we are trading with somebody.)

So while I can totally agree with you that those sorts of things are much better reasons to raid a base, if the people you are raiding have no fucking idea what they did to make you mad, is any reason really all that different from Trollolololol?

not like im supposed to be a judge to give you a verdict, you know? its just me being curious.
also, quite often things happen while most villagers not knowing about it at all. sometimes its a huge misunderstanding (like kbtit and mazes village), sometimes its for real.

do you know the forum name of people you meet in game? cause I didn't give out my forum name to them. unless their is something here I don't understand. The character they kinned was named Dazran and was on an unsubbed alt account as well, so even if they can get your account name from a modded client or something, they wouldn't have known my forum name.
FerrousToast

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:06 am

FerrousToast wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:

do you know the forum name of people you meet in game? cause I didn't give out my forum name to them. unless their is something here I don't understand. The character they kinned was named Dazran and was on an unsubbed alt account as well, so even if they can get your account name from a modded client or something, they wouldn't have known my forum name.

they carefully analyzed the way you typed that forum post to the way u typed ingame, ppl do it 2 me all the time idk how they can tell tho
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:13 am

I'm not sure if that is an accurate way to really tell if it is the same person or not. Many of the time perhaps but there are other people that are different people in chat or voice compare to how they are on the forum (and that is not taking into account of people that can hot-swap personas like me).

@Rye & Jordan. Thank you for answering my question. I have been curious about what goes through the mind of people on raider's side (I had experience as a victim in Prontera) and I had considered playing a raider at some point as a learning process both in the mind set as well as the playstyle.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby FerrousToast » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:32 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:they carefully analyzed the way you typed that forum post to the way u typed ingame, ppl do it 2 me all the time idk how they can tell tho

lel, my shitty broken cripple hands means live typing with no edits people think I'm as retarded as you. I'm only physically disabled not mentally, I swears! :mrgreen:
FerrousToast

Postby borka » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:32 am

FerrousToast wrote:so even if they can get your account name from a modded client or something, they wouldn't have known my forum name.

Nobody but the devs should be able to connect a char name to account and i don't think any modded client would be able to do so ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot