RIP Carrot and Raffles

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

RIP Carrot and Raffles

Postby MightySheep » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Today I did a lot of travelling around the world with my good buddy raffeh. We began by tracking a number of scents to this village:
Located slightly north of New Brodgar, they had murdered one of our friends and left random vandalism and theft scents all over the world.

Realizing we cant do much about it we decided to keep travelling east and we visited quite a lot of different big villages:
Hammer of Witches, Metagamers, Outkast, Archangels

Until eventually we ended up back near New Brodgar at this place:

We realized there was a wagon free for taking so raff convinces me to get red handed in order to break into the bullpen and 1 second after we both get red handed, we see a bunch of dhlem people running towards us!

Luckily we were able to run away to the safety of a boat

After sailing across 2 giant freaking lakes, we figured continuing to run east would be safer than just sitting in the middle of a lake, so we get out and continue to run. However, by some freaking act of Satan the attackers had managed to get across that huge body of water faster than we did without even using boats ...

At this point it was obvious that they had been tracking our scents but it still wasnt clear how many there were. Our whole trip was basically in order to get some sweet pvp so while we were running we still held hopes that we could actually just win the fight ... but that was apparently a stupid thought as more and more beefy enemies kept appearing out of thin air from seemingly all directions (just how fucking coordinated are these guys?!). Our situation became increasingly more miserable every second so we decided to split up and hopefully one of us would survive but even though we started with just 1-2 attackers each, it became 4 dhelm dudes on me and 4 on raff :lol:

ImageImage

So in the end there was at least 8 of these dudes and possibly even more, I'm really curious as to who they were, why they wanted us dead so bad and where they got our scents from :?

If I had to guess though I would say it is probably Dis/Core or possibly LoS.
MightySheep

Re: RIP Carrot and Raffles

Postby Leafstab » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:17 pm

RIP dev capes
Leafstab

Postby sabinati » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:19 pm

that's what you get for turning off trees
sabinati

Postby Raffeh » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:21 pm

Very well co-ordinated chasing done by the opponents.

We ran into attack the enemy twice, not realising there was more behind. shortly after seeing multiple other dots appear we started to run and employ tactics such as aggroing horses.

With the Ratio of attackers to us we really didn't stand much of a chance. Sorry i was too busy running and playing to get screenshots.

For clarification i died with 2 horses aggroed on me and 4 dhelmers i managed to block a few attacks but was hit mutliple times at the same time. Well played haven. Well played.
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:24 pm

Is this like the third time you've died, sheep? Impressed how you seem to maintain interest, at least.
DDDsDD999

Postby jordancoles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:25 pm

RIP o7
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MightySheep » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:41 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Is this like the third time you've died, sheep? Impressed how you seem to maintain interest, at least.

It's very easy to catapult yourself back to 100+ stats with a good table and food, the LP is more of a grind but I mostly leeched off other peoples hard work anyway. It's also easier when you have an OP crafter char still alive. HQ thanes, ctc and dhelm gives a ton of stats also and is easy to make.

Ive always played dangerously, its very easy to hide behind walls and only come out with preplanned groups but if that was my playstyle it would be so much harder to maintain interest, which is probably why a lot of the villages that play like that have already got inactive.

jordancoles wrote:RIP o7

That targetting thing you were complaining about was so apparent in this fight I swear I accidentally walked into the wrong opponent like twice because of fucked up targetting.

Leafstab wrote:RIP dev capes

Not much of a loss, bat capes would have served us better in this situation.
MightySheep

Postby Sollar » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:56 pm

That's what you get for playing the game ... you should have quit like 90% of your friends ...
Sollar

Postby jordancoles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:58 pm

MightySheep wrote:That targetting thing you were complaining about was so apparent in this fight I swear I accidentally walked into the wrong opponent like twice because of fucked up targetting.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
It's almost as if user-friendly combat is a BIG FUCKING DEAL
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby lachlaan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Yeah, the only way I've gotten around the targetting thing was by having to manually use the attack action again on the new desired target rather than what I guessed would do it, which is hitting pursue on the icon itself.
lachlaan

Next

Return to The Moot