RIP Carrot and Raffles

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: RIP Carrot and Raffles

Postby Shipright » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:43 am

ArvinJA wrote:Also, there's a lot of (unnecessary) friction between community members and the devs when discussing features partly because the devs lack the necessary experience to know how a mechanic works in the game. When one side lacks the necessary knowledge of fundamentals (average players) and the other side doesn't know anything about specifics (devs), the conversation is pretty much set up to be useless. I think the devs could make much better use of the community if they actually engaged it in-game.

Dude, you are playing a game where the lead developers are literally talking to you IN THIS VERY THREAD. The difficulties in the game design and implementation might be real, but I have never played a game with such interaction between the devs and community outside much smaller games like Aurora.
Shipright

Postby jordancoles » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:01 am

Jorb come chill (((
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Archiplex » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:03 am

Shipright wrote:
ArvinJA wrote:Also, there's a lot of (unnecessary) friction between community members and the devs when discussing features partly because the devs lack the necessary experience to know how a mechanic works in the game. When one side lacks the necessary knowledge of fundamentals (average players) and the other side doesn't know anything about specifics (devs), the conversation is pretty much set up to be useless. I think the devs could make much better use of the community if they actually engaged it in-game.

Dude, you are playing a game where the lead developers are literally talking to you IN THIS VERY THREAD. The difficulties in the game design and implementation might be real, but I have never played a game with such interaction between the devs and community outside much smaller games like Aurora.

Almost every major and successful game that isn't some crap mmo copy/paste will have interaction like this- and ultimately even more where they actively and thoroughly lay out their thoughts on a certain subject. Just look at LoL.

In my belief there's a fundamental error in something about haven's desisgn, or at least execution. Likely something about world size first, then the entire idea of quality 'nodes'
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby ramones » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:13 am

Shipright wrote:Dude, you are playing a game where the lead developers are literally talking to you IN THIS VERY THREAD. The difficulties in the game design and implementation might be real, but I have never played a game with such interaction between the devs and community outside much smaller games like Aurora.

You need to realize that the only feedback that devs have is from the people that play the game. We are the ones giving them info on whats going on in the game since they don't play the game like we do. Bigger games have their own developers/testers who find out bugs before updates take place, so u cannot really compare HnH to many others in this way. That is why I think they don't listen to the veteran players making suggestions good enough or at least consider most of their ideas, which are usually in place.

While I totally support having the payment system, it will on the other hand drag people away (like myself, even tho i got sub until April 2016) if there is lack of good updates (last 2 updates, squirrels & feather stockpiles simply don't do the trick).
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby CloudJhi » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:14 am

Dang, that sucks
get rekt y'all.
Hope you two get your stats back soon <3
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby Zeler » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:24 am

They decided to die right after inviting me and walking me to their place :/
Zeler

Postby MightySheep » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:29 pm

CloudJhi wrote:Dang, that sucks
get rekt y'all.
Hope you two get your stats back soon <3

Not going to happen this world, the game isn't very fun in it's current state. I was virtually inactive before I died anyway.

Hopefully things will be more developed and better by the start of next world.
MightySheep

Postby Grable » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:44 pm

MightySheep wrote:Ive always played dangerously, its very easy to hide behind walls and only come out with preplanned groups but if that was my playstyle it would be so much harder to maintain interest, which is probably why a lot of the villages that play like that have already got inactive.

Can't say it isn't like that. Though a very big reason for this is that you lose everything related to your character on death and if you don't have good conditions (eg leeching on other's curios, good tables, etc) it's just a boring grind to get back to stats you were at.
Grable

Postby MightySheep » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:08 pm

Grable wrote:Can't say it isn't like that. Though a very big reason for this is that you lose everything related to your character on death and if you don't have good conditions (eg leeching on other's curios, good tables, etc) it's just a boring grind to get back to stats you were at.

Well I think it is better to die fighting than to simply go inactive, because then it is like you did all the grinding for nothing

Its more fun if you just play with the intention of quitting after you die rather than thinking about how annoying it will be to remake character, that way you can just play like suicidal maniac

The only reason I continued playing previously was because people always pestering me and when Ryleh died we had so many people online who were willing to rebuild new town from scratch, I didnt want to be the only debbie downer :P
MightySheep

Postby Raffeh » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:47 pm

MightySheep wrote:The only reason I continued playing previously was because people always pestering me and when Ryleh died we had so many people online who were willing to rebuild new town from scratch, I didnt want to be the only debbie downer :P

What a sheep...

Ha well I'm not coming back either! This means I can get back to real life. Last 3/4 months I've been half hearted in rl so I see it as a good thing!

Enjoy our dev capes guys! Also the combat should be looked into more, real pvp is as coles pointed out a bit of a confused clusterfuck. Changing target should be relooked at certainly although I'm not sure how it could be changed to ensure maximum efficiency maybe just a attack nearest aggroed character?

Lets keep it simple (:
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot