Palibashed BW - I'm out. QQs and ragequits inside.

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Palibashed BW - I'm out. QQs and ragequits inside.

Postby FerrousToast » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Kaios wrote: so please dude tell me about all the bad things that happened to Russians in world 2 since I wasn't part of it either I'd like to know!.

+1!!! Stories! This thread is pretty good, this would make it awesome.
FerrousToast

Postby GustawoVegas » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Kaios wrote:Gustawo I'm wondering what you're even whining about

People bring lazy publicity stunts masquareded as 'studies' to reinforce their position on invented problem.
GustawoVegas

Postby burgingham » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:39 pm

@World2: Oh please make a thread on its own for that.... I can't stand to listen to it anymore. Because Klaue and Rage called out a Russian Jihad everyone that ever so much as talked to one of those two in their life is apparently a supporter of hatred against all Russians and that bullshit story is being kept very much alive by a few that are interested in antagonizing the entire Russian community towards anyone not Russian to this very day. Yadda yadda....

@Gustawo why on earth would I pull a publicity stunt here? Am I somehow a lobbyist for the cyberbullying community or what do you think? I merely got interested by the topic and dug up a few articles I could find at first glance. I didn't even say I agreed with them. I am just trysing to learn something on the topic and was hoping maybe someone here could help. How you make a personal vendetta out of that is beyond me...

So please can we start from square one? I am actually and honestly interested to know more about this topic. You seem to have invested some time in it before. Could you maybe link me with some decent studies? I would like to do some reading there.
burgingham

Postby Kaios » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:42 pm

GustawoVegas wrote:People bring lazy publicity stunts masquareded as 'studies' to reinforce their position on invented problem.

Well then this guy's bullshit comment is certainly the same type of "lazy publicity stunt"

Clansman wrote:You must really believe that no-one remembers the World 2 if you keep talking about empathy and 'hurting others'.
Kaios

Postby AltMajkela3 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Why would you bash something in a game that allows you it? Why would you kill someone in such a game? You monster! No feelings! You're clearly fucked up in real life, nerd. Psychopath? Or maybe you're so good only in interwebs?
Such a bad person................... 0 empathy..............

burgingham wrote:In world 2 I was playing my first online game ever and yes I made mistakes there, because I didn't really think about empathy and the like back then. That is why I chose to play differently afterwards. Makes sense right? Also am I not allowed to voice my opinion anymore because I did something wrong once?

That's why you're trash at the game.

Please don't ban me.
AltMajkela3

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:05 pm

burgingham wrote:In world 2 I was playing my first online game ever and yes I made mistakes there, because I didn't really think about empathy and the like back then

Then you can use yourself as an object of psycoanalysis, at least you will have a chance to make it right (because your attempts to analize my behavior are makes me smile). Tell us what you will find, it is very inteteresting (no)
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Kaios » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:28 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:Then you can use yourself as an object of psycoanalysis, at least you will have a chance to make it right (because your attempts to analize my behavior are makes me smile). Tell us what you will find, it is very inteteresting (no)

A degree in psychology isn't necessary to figure out the type of person you are, account thief.
Kaios

Postby venatorvenator » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:07 pm

burgingham wrote:Btw I found some scientific essays on the topic actually. It seems at the very least there is a correlation between real life bullying and similar behavior in game. So people who tend to act like that in real life do so more often in games too and funny enough victims in online games become bullies more often in the real world as well or vice versa. Will try and read more about it, I find this an exciting topic.

That is correct, the brain doesn't differentiate between fantasy and real life. This is why it's possible to develop traumas from games, or to improve rl skills through them. The army uses them too, for a variety of purposes. Because of that, in-game behavior counts to your personality development.

Now whether rl bullies are that way because of the game, or game bullies are bullies because they were already bullies before, that's another issue entirely and it hasn't been solved yet as far as I know. I think it has something to do with emotional attachment to the game though: larpers and hermits will always suffer more than botters because they're emotionally attached to their characters. It's no wonder botters and exploiters have no empathy toward other players. For these people, the game is just numbers and pixels.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Bowshot125 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:41 pm

Make love, not war :D
Bowshot125

Postby simimi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:01 pm

And even if you are right, so what, psychopats must not be allowed to play games ? All they can do is messing outside ? Desabled people are humains to, they should have the right to have a game for there fantasies as long as nobody is forced to play it with them.
If you chose to not play with normies, just blame yourself cause you were well informed before playing.
simimi

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot