Possible raid incoming? ;o

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Possible raid incoming? ;o

Postby TheLoli » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:04 pm

Thank you for the advice pedorlee and the warning shubla. So far nothing has happened yet still. I'm hoping that the person is just very strange and lazy with naming, or someone who had moved into the area and was just out exploring with their alt at the time. We don't have anything super valuable to anyone yet really I think, just some Q20 stuff I've made. Don't even have metal yet, much less silk and pearls :oops: but yeah.. that doesn't mean they wouldn't Raid us just for the sake of it.
TheLoli

Postby TheLoli » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Yup being raided now as we speak. ;( we only just managed to get our first piece of iron. Not even wrought iron... just an iron bar from heavy earth. ><
TheLoli

Postby lachlaan » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:04 pm

Alt vault all that you can and pray they don't break too much stuff. Tho considering they'll get very little loot anyway, since they of their own volition attacked a low tech settlement, they might do some overkill damage :\ Sorry for your loss, you guys don't be silly and keep mains logged off and only check status with alts.
lachlaan

Postby TheLoli » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:11 pm

I did along with the master key.. I left my bond of blood and soil behind by mistake but they are likely already broken through now. I made an alt and walking it towards the area now in order to keep an eye out for them :x

Sad thing is I had just started playing during the f2p time in December and I got two other friends to join too. But they are not so likely to stick around after something like this so soon after they joined. So might end up being just me and the person who invited me to play again. xP

*Edit* Despite me telling him about us being raided and me warning him not to log in yet, he does anyways and now his character isn't on his list of characters which I assume means they are there and killed him before he could log out. So depending he might quit too so I'm gonna be alone. x.x
TheLoli

Postby ColeAkrenach » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:02 pm

This is said person who died. There was one person in our house, heavily armored. Instantly started attacking me the instance I logged on.

Now the character is dead. Seriously, fuck raiders.
ColeAkrenach

Postby Bowshot125 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:38 pm

GG, advanced players running off the noobies. Good job stabbing an already dead corpse.
Bowshot125

Postby springyb » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:02 pm

I'm waiting for the majority to come in and post about how it's their own fault for not knowing you're supposed to know to walk at least 4 hours and have materials for a brickwall before settling.

If you're thinking about calling it quits, I'd at least try again once siege mechanics get an overwork. Hopefully palisades will be worth something.
springyb

Postby loleznub » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:12 pm

springyb wrote:I'm waiting for the majority to come in and post about how it's their own fault for not knowing you're supposed to know to walk at least 4 hours and have materials for a brickwall before settling.

If you're thinking about calling it quits, I'd at least try again once siege mechanics get an overwork. Hopefully palisades will be worth something.

You're an idiot.

In order to get materials for a brickwall, your require steel.

To get steel requires you to prospect and find an iron node.

You must be able to hit said Iron node to get Iron.

Then you gotta be lucky to get wrought to make into steel.

For a new player who it is safe to assume doesn't have any high Q gear, or above 50 strength, this is all a very difficult task to achieve on your own. In order to speed all of this up, it would require for said player to establish an area so they can proceed with getting stats up quicker than simply wandering around and picking scraps here and there.

And also in all reality a palisade will stop the majority of the players and if a Palisade doesn't stop them, its not likely that these players will view a Brickwall as an obstacle since all groups that can palibash can easily place a ram and remove the brickwall with relative ease.
loleznub

Postby springyb » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:33 pm

loleznub wrote:
springyb wrote:I'm waiting for the majority to come in and post about how it's their own fault for not knowing you're supposed to know to walk at least 4 hours and have materials for a brickwall before settling.

You're an idiot.

In order to get materials for a brickwall, your require steel.

To get steel requires you to prospect and find an iron node.

You must be able to hit said Iron node to get Iron.

Then you gotta be lucky to get wrought to make into steel.

For a new player who it is safe to assume doesn't have any high Q gear, or above 50 strength, this is all a very difficult task to achieve on your own. In order to speed all of this up, it would require for said player to establish an area so they can proceed with getting stats up quicker than simply wandering around and picking scraps here and there.

And also in all reality a palisade will stop the majority of the players and if a Palisade doesn't stop them, its not likely that these players will view a Brickwall as an obstacle since all groups that can palibash can easily place a ram and remove the brickwall with relative ease.

Reading comprehension is tough, keep practicing though, you'll get it one day.
springyb

Postby TheLoli » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:45 pm

I moved an alt to there to see if it was clear or not. They left for the time being but they destroyed literally everything. Even the kings oak I found and had planted just outside the property to the south. They left a lot of scents all over the place too and seem to be coming from further west from where we were.

http://prntscr.com/9nzbu7 I -think- this is the right spot where we had moved to. xP There was a lake to the south of us and river to the west that connected it, and a swamp a short walk to the NE.

*Edit* I have perception 24. Not sure exactly how the scents work and all but I guess the fact I could see so many means their int and stealth is low? xP
TheLoli

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot