The Altar

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Altar

Postby VDZ » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:06 am

I think that, from the start, the idea of having the world-ending side being the defenders was retarded. Destroying something is far, far easier than preventing something from being destroyed. If the world-ending side were the attackers, this could instead have been a fun event where we work together to end the world. Instead, we get this impossible task of making sure no alt gets to the altar for 12 straight hours, and if we fail at defending it we'll have to wait for two more weeks before we can properly play again. (Beyond the futility of playing when a wipe is coming up in two weeks, a lot of players will be dead by that point, and those still alive will probably have had their places robbed/wrecked when the wall soak was reduced to 0.)

Normally, I would have preferred to see some fix for the great hall issue, like the soak of great halls being reduced at the same time as the walls. But the consequences of the altar being destroyed, if the devs don't decide to wipe anyways, are so incredibly unfun that I wouldn't even mind seeing genuine bug abuse making the altar literally indestructible.

I haven't done anything but switch curios lately, as any building and crafting is futile at the moment. I want to play Haven again.
VDZ

Postby Kaios » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:15 am

APXEOLOG wrote:LadeGoo calculated that it takes like 20 mins to destroy altar with number of 25 STR alts.

Be realistic though you aren't concerned about alts, a small group of attackers could easily overtake the skeleton crew that would be left defending it during what would be late evening/early morning Thursday for your timezone. You picked a terrible time to build it for yourself.
Kaios

Postby Carebear » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:27 am

As much as I would hate to see another 2 weeks lost, if this is not abuse of mechanics it really sets a bad precedence. They should have just left BW full strength if they were going to let this creative use of buildings worth this way.
Harvesting carrots
Carebear

Postby APXEOLOG » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:14 am

Kaios wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:LadeGoo calculated that it takes like 20 mins to destroy altar with number of 25 STR alts.

Be realistic though you aren't concerned about alts, a small group of attackers could easily overtake the skeleton crew that would be left defending it during what would be late evening/early morning Thursday for your timezone. You picked a terrible time to build it for yourself.

I am realistic though i will not check the game every 10 minutes for 12 hours. Even at the best time of the world.
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby borka » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:41 am

I'm really looking forward to that statues text in next world ... :P
borka

Postby LadyV » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:29 am

borka wrote:I'm really looking forward to that statues text in next world ... :P

Sounds like we have a quest to find out. :D
LadyV

Postby Bowshot125 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:43 am

borka wrote:I'm really looking forward to that statues text in next world ... :P

*And so the world was consumed, not by darkness, but by exploits itself.*
Bowshot125

Postby Pickard » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:47 pm

Bowshot125 wrote:*And so the world was consumed, not by darkness, but by exploits itself.*

FOR THE GREATER GOOD
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby pheonix » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Tbh they will most likely nuke the world no matter what, but if they want to leave this abuse up and i can see vclaims around it too why not have a trade off.
The altar itself cannot be claimed, and nor can claims be extended over it.
the town is question gets their statue "The Cowards Statue", but the offending town has all their accounts banned for 2 weeks at start of new world because they didn't want to defend the statue.
pheonix

Postby Kaios » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:25 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:I am realistic though i will not check the game every 10 minutes for 12 hours. Even at the best time of the world.

I guess that means it shouldn't have been built by anyone that couldn't defend it without abusing mechanics. 12 hours is not that long, rams have been camped for 24 hours before and you could have split defenders in to two groups and guard for 6 hours each as just one option.

You are bad players and you should feel bad.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot