Semi Hermit Bored of Playing Alone

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Semi Hermit Bored of Playing Alone

Postby Malke » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:39 am

Before Haven and Hearth 2 released I had a rather decent sized group all planning on trying out the game, on the night it was released I was sitting in a IHOP with my brother. I was reading the forums about how the game was pay to play and everyone was flipping out. That never really bothered me since I typically dislike free to play games. When I got home I logged onto steam and started telling everyone it was pay to play. Almost everyone was unwilling to even try the game now that it was not free to play. I convinced a few to actually try it and out of the seven or so of my friends who tried the game (most thought it was weird and shitty.) About seven people actually stuck around. We ended up walking about five hours from spawn and settling forming the village of Dunharrow.

Soon afterwards I started noticing a lack of activity coming from two brothers who I was playing with, they had run out of time and were not willing to pay for the game. This situation was basically how everyone but three of us stopped playing. Now it is just me, with one of my close friends logging in once or twice every few days to help me harvest our fields. I have basically built everything here myself and at this point I am just tired of playing alone. I have contemplated just not playing. I start a new job soon and I will not have nearly as much time to play anyhow, but I figured I would at the very least put this post up to see if there are any villages seeking members who perhaps have the same mindset as mine.

I guess the best way to describe my personality is using the alignment system from something like D&D. I would consider myself neutral/good I understand some players get their kicks from completely ruining another players day. Perhaps sometimes I would even participate, but what I am looking for is a village that is not militarily weak or defenseless, I would like a group that just merely does not feel the need to kill every person they come across. I have met many players in-game and I try to be as nice as possible, helping people where I can. On the side I have been making a warrior character in order to at the very least put up some sort of struggle if someone decided to mess with me, though I doubt I would win against any sort of skilled fighter I would at the very least not run, or log out. I could stand and fight.

I played Legacy Haven for a world or two years ago. I honestly don't remember what worlds, but the one I was most active in I lived near Emerald city with some of my buddies (The very same who played H&H2 with me.) after we were killed by those Ainran folk. I have never been a big player or famous person on the forums, I just generally want to have fun in the game and not fuck over to many people in the process.

I am willing to fit into whatever positions are open for any respective factions that are recruiting. I have one general crafter who I would be willing to specialize into whatever is needed, and one character who I have been outfitting to be my hunting/fighting/mining character. I will be honest I really hate mining so I would prefer to never have to enter another mine again if at all possible. If I could choose my profession of choice.. Not really sure, though I like hunting. And I also like to cook. I realize that in this you can kind of do a lot on one character so I am willing to take multiple roles if needed.

I am pretty knowledgeable about most of the aspects of this game, besides perhaps pvp combat, and the later stages of metal working. I would love to join a guild that is willing to go out and pvp, but I do not want to join a group that is going around killing every hermit and burning their shacks to the ground. I suppose that is it.. I typed a lot more than I intended.. But well, I would like to have everything laid out for people to realize what kind of player I am, and if I will fit in.

Teamspeak is what I prefer to use, and yes it is 100% necessary that your village have some form of voice comms. I would like to join a village with a group that is pretty serious about playing, and are active. The whole thing that is making me drop everything I have done thus far is the activity level of my village. I do not wish to repeat what I have done here. I would rather get killed by Ainran again than sit around bored out of my mind playing this dreadful game alone again. If you would like to leave a response here or perhaps send me a pm. I am willing to speak in great detail with anyone interested in having a new villager. Thanks guys :)

Edit: Here is a couple pictures of the little village I built for me and my friends. I built all the walls, dug over 10k dirt and all that horrible horrible shit by myself. The few who were playing when we started construction would mysteriously have something to do whenever we had digging or palisades to build. The goal was to leave enough space for mansions in each of the areas for the different professions for people to work out of. And eventually make a new area for personal housing/plot type systems. I am going to miss the place, but to be honest I always expected to get on one day and have it all destroyed anyhow. So I am not to fucked up over leaving it behind. http://imgur.com/a/MN4LV
Malke

Re: Semi Hermit Bored of Playing Alone

Postby Original » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:55 am

Holy fuck dude absolutely beautiful base, I think it would look better with circular farms.
Original

Postby CaptainMidget » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:02 am

Original wrote:Holy fuck dude absolutely beautiful base, I think it would look better with circular farms.

Agreed, its nice and clean. Tempted to try circular farms with a Beehive in the center (highQ honey) and a few on the sides.
CaptainMidget

Postby Raffeh » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:48 am

CaptainMidget wrote:
Original wrote:Holy fuck dude absolutely beautiful base, I think it would look better with circular farms.

Agreed, its nice and clean. Tempted to try circular farms with a Beehive in the center (highQ honey) and a few on the sides.

Well we got extra space to try this now :)! If you need help on the weekend to set up that new area ill be down for that tak.
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby Malke » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:06 pm

Thanks, yeah it will suck leaving it behind but the only thing that matters really is the characters. Can redo all this anywhere. I am responding to pm's now. Thank you for the responses.
Malke

Postby Eemerald » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:29 pm

what was your town called when you played legacy? :)
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby Malke » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Eemerald wrote:what was your town called when you played legacy? :)

I honestly can't remember. I am not even sure if we got to the point where we made the village or not. This was literal years ago, the thing I remember is promising we would help build your brick wall and never getting around to doing it.
Malke

Postby Archiplex » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:51 pm

Malke wrote:

I honestly can't remember. I am not even sure if we got to the point where we made the village or not. This was literal years ago, the thing I remember is promising we would help build your brick wall and never getting around to doing it.

Do you remember the other villagers in it?
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Eemerald » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:04 pm

Malke wrote:

ah must have been pretty early world then!
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby Malke » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Thanks for the responses, I have been picked up :)
Malke

Return to Dwarves & Thieves