Quest icon bug?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Quest icon bug?

Postby killette2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:26 am

I got a quest where I am supposed to talk to something after my first quest
I had an arrow pointing to where I'm supposed to go, but one time it disappeared
The quest didn't fail, so I'm not sure if the thing I was supposed to greet was killed or not, anything up with this?

Edit: I ended up abandoning the quest in the end since it was my only quest so I can reroll another :(

Edit: I ended up getting the quest again anyways
Last edited by killette2 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
killette2

Re: Quest icon bug?

Postby killette2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:46 am

Restarting my computer fixed this
Restarting my client did not
How can I reproduce or prevent this bug?
killette2

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:12 am

Two most common issues I see with quest arrows usually:

A) they don't function well with the "bad"--free--cam. This as of yet is not fully supported, and features may not work with it properly. Be sure to use :cam ortho when tracking quests (or anything else with arrows).

B) If the arrow points at blank ground, the quest spirit is on a level below you, and could be at any level below you.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby killette2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:35 am

I read about not using the :cam bad elsewhere and would like to report that doing :cam ortho (yes I know I entered the command in the command bar and not the chat) didn't work. I think I was already on ortho to start with anyways when I tried switching to bad and back to ortho to troubleshoot.
killette2

Postby killette2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:43 am

Update: the problem has occurred again when I logged in just now. Are there some quest givers which would be existing or non-existent depending on the time of day? Will give spec information if the answer to this problem isn't obvious. I also tried rotating my camera several times in ortho, and I only see the quest giver I'm supposed to return to, but not the one I'm supposed to greet. This is my 2nd quest on this new character.
killette2

Postby killette2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:29 am

Update: the quest icon appeared again, but later disappeared on me while I was following it! I continued to go in that direction hoping to find it on the map but failed to stumble upon it...
killette2

Postby killette2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:25 am

This also happens on the default client and my java is updated
killette2

Postby jorb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:02 pm

killette2 wrote:Restarting my computer fixed this
Restarting my client did not

That sounds pretty close to impossible. Suspect some sort of user error, but it's very hard to tell without a more detailed brief or something. Quest arrows should not go in and out of existence, and I have never heard of this before or since.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs