Taming sheep bugged? (solved)

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: Taming sheep bugged?

Postby seamus » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:26 am

I have killed two horses, I was always set to peaceful, and I think I saw yellow numbers appear as they died. The only things I can think of was that I took so long to tame them (I lure them to the waters edge because of low stats), and I used chop a few times (which still does less than 10 damage). I have tamed many animals on previous worlds. I dealt 352 total damage to my second horse.
seamus

Postby azrid » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:03 am

I wonder if all the people having problems are people who use exploits to tame.
I remember last world this happened and people complained how blocking animal and taming wasn't 100% success.
So far I have 0% fail and I do it fair and square on an open big area.
azrid

Postby Thrawn00 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:00 am

I'll add my tag on this one. Tried taming a horse, tethered just fine. Then when he went hostile I attacked, clicked peace and started the beat down. Horse never gave up, when he died it popped taming numbers and then 0 dead.
Thrawn00

Postby azrid » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:23 am

As of last post I have successfully tamed every animal without fail.
I would love to see peoples setup for taming.
Show me your dirty exploits.
azrid

Postby mrzli » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:25 am

Again, 4th sheep in a row, I promissed footage and forgort to hit record, but I have one more sheep for the experiment and I'll get it right next time (tomorrow).

The scenairo: The animal is 95% tame and ready for the last session, I agro it, peace up and fight it unarmed, head on with 30 STR 15 AGI and 71 UA, Armor class: 20/25 (Q15-20 leather armor, boar helm, badger vest and 2 wooden shields) My taming combat deck is basically just chin up, dash and punch, no bug/exploit abused. The animal never yields, takes about 200 dmg and dies. Only happens whith sheep, I've tamed every other animal successfully.
https://imgur.com/jqHl71Y
https://imgur.com/oGqyVc5
https://imgur.com/amYzF1C
mrzli

Postby azrid » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:11 pm

Have you tried it in a different location without anything nearby?
Cuz looks awfully cramped in there. I even spot some liftable rocks :roll: .
azrid

Postby seamus » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:50 pm

I have since succeeded in taming, and also encountered more fails.

This might be of interest:
I punched a horse up to 310 damage, and realised that if I continued I would kill it (and it should have yielded by now). So I fled until I was far enough away that combat ended. Upon return the horse was still in 'ready to fight/tame' stance for a few seconds, then became normal and wandered away. I leashed it, tethered it, and upon inspection it had increased its taming percentage.
seamus

Postby Agame » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:52 pm

So, can it be only lag, when animal did not decide yet he had enough due to lag and battle continues untill it dies?
Vigilance wrote:just remove midgets, they suck ass and serve no function besides annoying people.

As a rule of thumb, everything that makes life easyer and less boring/grinding for players is a great idea. Everything that makes the game harder is crap coming from sadistic tendencies of Jorbtar helped by the few players with the same kind of disorders.
Agame

Postby mrzli » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:39 pm

So here's an update, my friend had the same problem with his sheep, he solved the problem by doing ~40 dmg or so to the sheep before hitting peace; Worked for me as well. I also took the sheep out for a walk where it wasn't as cramped up and crowded like azrid pointed out. So yea, solved. If you're having trouble taming your animals do it out in the open and get a few hits in before you peace up.

VIDEO
mrzli

Re: Taming sheep bugged? (solved)

Postby azrid » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:45 pm

gratz on your female sheep
azrid

Previous

Return to Bugs