[Solved]Trees start playing autumn in summer

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

[Solved]Trees start playing autumn in summer

Postby borka » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:45 pm

honestly i want reliable times with seasons ... i do have a RL work life ... thus i have to plan my game life very strict ... if seasoning gets torpedoed by RNG it's not fun at all
Last edited by borka on Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Re: Trees start playing autumn in summer

Postby Archiplex » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:54 pm

I'm very confused by what this is saying

Are you talking about the fact that seasons 'fade in' rather than happen all at once? i.e how autumn things begin happening a few days before fall officially starts and whatnot?

And if so, what does it affect from fall/summer that's abug?
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Lyrroth » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:05 pm

Archiplex wrote:I'm very confused by what this is saying

Are you talking about the fact that seasons 'fade in' rather than happen all at once? i.e how autumn things begin happening a few days before fall officially starts and whatnot?

And if so, what does it affect from fall/summer that's abug?

his issue is that he could almost perfecly count timing and stuff so haven doesnt interfere with his live but now due to 0.33% difference build up as well as server restart and unspecified seasons kicks in its very much harder for him to time and plan enough to be comfortable with game instead of missing timings due to sleep or work schedule
Lyrroth

Postby Jalpha » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:18 am

Not a bug.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby borka » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:44 am

Fall, Winter and Spring, are ten RL days each, or 30 days total. Summer is 30 RL days total. A full Haven year is two RL months.

That much about not a bug ...

anyways player count drop isn't a bug either ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Archiplex » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:06 am

I believe that while it might seem like they arent 10 days, thats because of the fact that seasons begin to 'fade' into their changes slowly over the course of a few days, rather than a sudden snap change every 10 days.

Or basically, none of this is a bug and the fact they dont happen at exact moments is on purpose.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby pawnchito » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:06 am

I don't really think we can take last "year" as a real baseline. There were patches in the middle of winter that change spawning and feed rates and junk so there is noise the data. There are already a ton of notable changes from last season and it seems a bit smoother so far but i bet we will start to see a better swing of things soon.
pawnchito

Postby mvgulik » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:09 pm

Archiplex wrote:I believe that while it might seem like they arent 10 days, thats because of the fact that seasons begin to 'fade' into their changes slowly over the course of a few days, rather than a sudden snap change every 10 days.

Or basically, none of this is a bug and the fact they dont happen at exact moments is on purpose.

Considering season switching is a gradual change over time (at least from a graphical point of view). Determining the effective season(s) time-span with a relative high precision can only be done on a none time-variable measuring point.
Ergo - it begs the question: What observed game behaviors makes it a fact to you that seasons would have a variable base-duration ?
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:09 pm

pawnchito wrote:I don't really think we can take last "year" as a real baseline. There were patches in the middle of winter that change spawning and feed rates and junk so there is noise the data. There are already a ton of notable changes from last season and it seems a bit smoother so far but i bet we will start to see a better swing of things soon.

Good point.

Although there is only one setting that matters in this case, which would be the game-clock. Unfortunately. Not knowing for sure if that game-clock was potentially effected/changed by later implemented patches makes that a mood point.
(that's of course on top of potential game-server outages (I don't think there were any, but I have not found a way to verify that) which would in effect also offset the game-clock versus the real-time-clock)

... "Critique & Ideas" instead of "Bugs" would of course have been the more appropriate forum section for this topic ...
Last edited by mvgulik on Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby Archiplex » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:18 pm

mvgulik wrote:
Archiplex wrote:I believe that while it might seem like they arent 10 days, thats because of the fact that seasons begin to 'fade' into their changes slowly over the course of a few days, rather than a sudden snap change every 10 days.

Considering season switching is a gradual change over time (at least from a graphical point of view). Determining the effective season(s) time-span with a relative high precision can only be done on a none time-variable measuring point.
Ergo - it begs the question: What observed game behaviors makes it a fact to you that seasons would have a variable base-duration ?

Err, I wasn't meaning to say that seasons have a variable duration, I was just saying it might be hard to tell 'when' the actual change is supposed to happen if seasons gradually change into one another, rather than all at once.

Also, even non-graphical mechanics gradually change, as when I was waiting for summer to start for tree seeds, about 4 days before the expected 'summer' time (and at a time when the spring forageable flower was still spawning frequently), some trees were already beginning to have seeds, and over the days more and more did- until the approximate 'day' of summer came, and all trees had seeds. This is, of course, what OP is complaining about (although it's not a bug).
Last edited by Archiplex on Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

W7 - Hermit
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Next

Return to Bugs