About to die from repeated concussions.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

About to die from repeated concussions.

Postby Adwene » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Multiple concussions from one knock out event.
Right now too scared to log in my adwene2 character, each time I log the character in, it logs me out again and I take damage.
This happened 3-4 times in the mine, then my villager build a banner and kicked me out of the village to send me back to my hearth point.
I logged in at my hearth point and STILL got knocked unconscious again, took more damage are now under an estimated 50 hard health.

Why do we take multiple concussions from a KO event?

Wounds
Concussion 45
Concussion 73
Concussion 45
Punch-Sore 45
Nicks & Knacks 11
Unfaced 12
Scrapes & Cuts 6
Concussion 67
Bruise 20
Concussion 113
Concussion 90
Adwene

Re: About to die from repeated concussions.

Postby abt79 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:37 pm

If your energy is below 8000%, you won’t heal soft hitpoints. While the game will still allow you to regain one SHP to regain consciousness, any further injury, no matter how minor and including a criminal act (such as trespassing on a village claim), will knock you out again if you don’t heal your SHP.

Your post isn’t all that clear as to what happened but this is probably it. Keep your energy up and you won’t get concussed over and over again.
abt79

Postby Adwene » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:54 pm

The problem is, i log in, and the game stands me up, then immediately before i can even take a step or do anything, i get knocked unconscious again and take another concussion and I immediately get logged out by game... then it happens again. I can't put myself to bed, I can't eat, I can't do anything at all. Tried now 5 times (note there is 6 concussions on that list, one from original death and the other 5 from this), 1 more and i could end up perma dead.
Adwene

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Criminal acts doesn't make any sense as you don't take damage unless you interact with something, and you only take damage once for trespassing when you enter a claim or interact with an object in a way that would leave a scent. Also, if you KO on someone else's claim, doesn't it hearth you home? (Or you're forced to hearth home... This was changed since the last time I did any really criminal actions on a claim, and I always forget the exact procedure on KO when trespassing.)

The only thing I can think of that would be causing damage would either be leaving a wound (starvation, snakebite) or leeches (which would likely leave a wound).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Adwene » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:36 pm

No criminal acts on.
No leeches.
No snake bites etc.
As you can see from wound list she isn't starving, and was in the green.

Tried to take on a troll, when my husband and I realised we had not properly prepared our characters from a previous death and didn't have any decent red restorations. Husband ran away with troll following, hit a bat and bounced off it, got caught, troll started to catch up and threw a cave in at him. That's how he got knocked unconscious the first time. I have cave hermit and had dropped out of combat. Once the troll had pathed away and I had cleared to where I thought the body was, I got my husband to log the character back in. Nope, hadn't cleared enough and she seemed to stand up to be knocked right back down again (and I could on my character see her take the damage). So i cleared the rest of the cave in and got husband to log the character in again. Same thing, tries to stand, but get knocked unconscious. So we wait 20 mins to let the zone reset and try again. That didn't work either... another concussion occurs.

Bit stressed by this stage, mention whats happening in realm chat, someone said something about claims and forcing the character to hearth, but the area hadn't been claimed yet. So I went and built a village banner there, then kicked that character out of the village to force her to move to hearth point. Which worked. She appeared at her hearth point then promptly took yet another concussion. At which point we haven't logged her back in. She is unlikely to survive another.
Adwene

Postby loftar » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:27 pm

As it turns out, this happens whenever you log back in from having logged out under the non-rage protection window. Not sure if something has changed to cause this or if it has been thus ever since knock-out protection was implemented, but I've never noticed it previously (but then again, I don't think I've ever used the protection to log out; I always wait until I wake up again).

I'll try to get a patch in later tonight, but in the meantime, if you have enough HP to log in one more time, it should work just fine if you actually wait for your character to wake up before logging out again.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Adwene » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:38 am

Thank you for looking into it for me!

I don't know why but it always logs me out, maybe something to do with the Amber client, just spent ages looking for a setting to turn it off but can't seem to find one. The auto log thing has been a source of frustration for us for a while. Maybe another player knows where it is on the amber client.

At this stage I will wait for your patch, unless I can be 100% sure it won't log me out. I don't know that she has enough health to survive another concussion.
Adwene

Postby loftar » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:43 am

Adwene wrote:At this stage I will wait for your patch

I patched it just as you wrote this.

Adwene wrote:I don't know why but it always logs me out, maybe something to do with the Amber client, just spent ages looking for a setting to turn it off but can't seem to find one. The auto log thing has been a source of frustration for us for a while. Maybe another player knows where it is on the amber client.

You could just use the default client to wake her up.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Adwene » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:49 am

Looks like you did the restart, loading the base client and will try and load her in now.
Adwene

Postby Adwene » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:00 am

It worked!!! Thank you! Thank you! Looks like she did regain some health over night.

I'll go buy a hat or 2 , I really appreciate it!
Adwene

Next

Return to Bugs