Snow causing Wald on Forest?

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Snow causing Wald on Forest?

Postby iamahh » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:05 pm

I always plant on forest terrain to avoid Wald tiles, but I'm noticing some Wald as the snow melts... is this a bug or what
iamahh

Re: Snow causing Wald on Forest?

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:18 pm

I think Wald occurs naturally too. As in some areas are generated to be Wald biome.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby iamahh » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:05 pm

forests are anti-wald tho, only happening after winter
iamahh

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:14 pm

OP: providing screenshots could help.

Mods: probably move this topic to "Bugs" -section of the forum.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby vatas » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:46 pm

Possibly related, melting of snow has somehow caused Greenbreak terrain to jump into my fields over the palisade.

vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:14 pm

vatas wrote:Mods: probably move this topic to "Bugs" -section of the forum.

Moved. Looks fishy to me, too. Seems to be that normal rules are being followed, but because of the snow there, it's doing things that are unexpected; things that would be outside of expected terrain propagation if there were no snow.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to Bugs