Lifted item's disappearance in mine

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Lifted item's disappearance in mine

Postby Dizentegrator » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:25 pm

Long straight tunnel one tile width + player on horse with lifted item in hands + accidentally closed client = lifted item's disappearance. Quite simple. Just lost barrel with 50+l of ooze then tested with water barrel - same thing happened. Usually items are being placed somewhere nearby, but I found nothing around.
Dizentegrator

Re: Lifted item's disappearance in mine

Postby vatas » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:07 pm

Can't seem to be able to reproduce this, character immediately places down the barrel when client is closed and will disappear after the logout timer.

Did this happen in 1-tile wide tunnel or other cramped spot where barrel i possibly placed on the black "nothing" tiles and deleted?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Dizentegrator » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:12 pm

Reproduced the bug two times in a row.
https://youtu.be/bZDb-KFMCTE
Dizentegrator

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Working as intended.
I lost a Q470 whale skull to the same thing a few days ago. It's rly annoying
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby blank » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:52 pm

pretty sure jorb or loftar implemented this to counter the effects of stacking items, such as cupboards. :lol:
blank

Postby vatas » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:34 pm

blank wrote:pretty sure jorb or loftar implemented this to counter the effects of stacking items, such as cupboards. :lol:

Could be unintended side-effect of their "fix."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby stya » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:01 pm

vatas wrote:
blank wrote:pretty sure jorb or loftar implemented this to counter the effects of stacking items, such as cupboards. :lol:

Could be unintended side-effect of their "fix."

100% sure, he was also at least aware of the side effects
stya

Postby vatas » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:16 am

Since there is a video of the bug being reproduced and no dev response, I will now bump this thread.

vatas

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:21 pm

Dizentegrator wrote:Long straight tunnel one tile width + player on horse with lifted item in hands + accidentally closed client = lifted item's disappearance. Quite simple. Just lost barrel with 50+l of ooze then tested with water barrel - same thing happened. Usually items are being placed somewhere nearby, but I found nothing around.

#RipCUPstack
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Dizentegrator » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:52 pm

I guess devs not even gonna comment on this one, right? I'm not trying to say that this is some major problem for the game or me or anyone, but this way of reviewing backlog is kinda disappointing. I know, I know, as disappointing as this game is for some ppl but not for me, I'm kinda... stupid? naive? Who knows, but I believe that these two guys done awesome work. The thing that I don't believe in is that it's possible to maintain such a game having only two guys even on that scale as it is atm. (sry for my eng)
Dizentegrator

Return to Bugs