I can't move from time to time

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Re: I can't move from time to time

Postby loftar » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:51 am

As a matter of fact, since you started this thread, I've updated the client with a new way to process clicks. This happened at the time of the latest patch. So just to be sure: Have you tried again since then?

If you have, please try two other things:
1) Please try the old client and check whether it works there.
2) Run the console command :clickdb on in the client to enable click-output debugging. Once you do that, try to click somewhere, and the client should dump three files, click1.png through click3.png, in your home directory. Please post those files.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:57 am

Would this thread also be related? viewtopic.php?f=47&t=69107#p865297
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:23 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Would this thread also be related? https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vi ... 07#p865297

Unless there is merely some confusion as to exactly where the click landed, I don't think so, but given that OP doesn't seem to have any trouble clicking other UI elements, that doesn't seem to be the case either.
loftar

Postby Dondorion » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:06 am

MagicManICT wrote:Yes, that works. Thanks. Though it's way more than needed, it's easier to ask a user for this than to try to find it via other means if they're not a technical person.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is making sure that you have the 64-bit version of Java installed. As you are using the integrated Intel graphics (the only one I spotted in the DX report), there have been some OpenGL compatibility issues with the 32-bit drivers Intel and other vendors have provided. You can manually download the appropriate version via https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp. You are looking for the Windows Offline (64-bit) link. Before downloading and installing, you can verify if you have the 32-bit version (x86) or 64-bit version--Open the 'Run' dialog (Win key + R or Start>Run), type 'cmd' and Enter. At the command prompt, enter the command "java -version" and it should read
java version "1.8.0_261"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_261-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.261-b12, mixed mode)

Just to note: I don't recall prior complaints about the particular Intel processor and GPU you have installed, but we've recently had the graphics requirements change. I'm working on this as a likely driver problem, but I won't rule out another issue that might need dev time to fix. I would like to exhaust other probabilities before summing loftar here.

I couldn't find the version at command prompt, so I just installed the version you told. It didn't work. I still can only interact with buttons outside the "world" (such as map, inventory, caracter window, chat, etc).
Dondorion

Postby Dondorion » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:30 am

loftar wrote:As a matter of fact, since you started this thread, I've updated the client with a new way to process clicks. This happened at the time of the latest patch. So just to be sure: Have you tried again since then?

I'm not sure. I just run "autohaven" file, I presume it's the lastest version.

loftar wrote: If you have, please try two other things:
1) Please try the old client and check whether it works there.
2) Run the console command :clickdb on in the client to enable click-output debugging. Once you do that, try to click somewhere, and the client should dump three files, click1.png through click3.png, in your home directory. Please post those files.

1) I'm using this old client now and its working. Should I use it when I play from this computer from now on?
2) I don't know how to do that. I open Autohaven and I tried typing ":clickdb" and ":clickdb on" area chat and command prompt but I think its not what you asked...
Dondorion

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:41 am

Dondorion wrote:2) I don't know how to do that. I open Autohaven and I tried typing ":clickdb" and ":clickdb on" area chat and command prompt but I think its not what you asked...

When entering a console command, you need to make sure that you're not typing into chat (the text window bottom center of the screen). As long as any other window is active and looking for keyboard input, when you press the colon key ':' you'll get an underline cursor pop up just above the lower screen UI. You can finish entering in the console commands there.

A better means for entering these could be useful, like a pop-up window or something that is easier to read and see what you're typing, and you can see output text in more easily. (That white text on some of the world tiles can be hard to read.) I'm thinking like the old "drop down" style consoles from Doom/Quake and others.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:39 am

MagicManICT wrote:As long as any other window is active and looking for keyboard input, when you press the colon key ':' you'll get an underline cursor pop up just above the lower screen UI. You can finish entering in the console commands there.

The missing "not" can make this extremely confusing.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Dondorion » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:05 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Dondorion wrote:2) I don't know how to do that. I open Autohaven and I tried typing ":clickdb" and ":clickdb on" area chat and command prompt but I think its not what you asked...

When entering a console command, you need to make sure that you're not typing into chat (the text window bottom center of the screen). As long as any other window is active and looking for keyboard input, when you press the colon key ':' you'll get an underline cursor pop up just above the lower screen UI. You can finish entering in the console commands there.

A better means for entering these could be useful, like a pop-up window or something that is easier to read and see what you're typing, and you can see output text in more easily. (That white text on some of the world tiles can be hard to read.) I'm thinking like the old "drop down" style consoles from Doom/Quake and others.

I got "click: no such command" for ":clickdb on"
I got "Index 1 out of bounds for length 1" for ":clickdb"

as it shows here
Dondorion

Postby loftar » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:37 pm

Sorry, I missed your reply to this thread.

Dondorion wrote:[image]

It looks like you're just not typing it in correctly. It seems like you're typing either ":click" or ":clickdbon", but it should be ":clickdb on". One space only, between "clickdb" and "on".
loftar

Previous

Return to Bugs