Credo quest targets can be inside people's claims/palisades

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Credo quest targets can be inside people's claims/palisades

Postby warmarrer » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:15 am

I've run into multiple times where I'm running to hand off a credo quest item only to find the target is inside someone's base. It's already a bit frustrating to have to drop a credo level because your quest was out of season or was something like "mine heavy earth" when you're not on that level yet, but them's the breaks or whatever. It's absolutely joykilling to do everything needed for a quest and then not be able to turn it in because the questgiver is in some pk town's palisade that stretches 8 map squares in diameter. Please just add some kind of check to make this not happen.
warmarrer

Re: Credo quest targets can be inside people's claims/palisa

Postby vatas » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:16 am

Note: there's probably 99% or so chance that this is completely un-intentional on the side of people who built the palisade. I've seen it happen at least twice to the group I was playing in at the time. (People coming and telling that we walled in their quest tree.)

Not saying developers shouldn't do anything about it, quite the opposite.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Reiber » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:45 pm

you just cant see if an random rock or tree is an questgiver if you dont have an quest there,
so people unintentionally just wall in trees,
on the other side, villages might erect there outer palisade before they can claim it all with banners, and any unclaimed tree or rock can become an questgiver if there is an lack of them in the region, so chances are that questgiver wasnt even there when they built the palisade
Reiber

Postby warmarrer » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:09 pm

Reiber wrote:you just cant see if an random rock or tree is an questgiver if you dont have an quest there,
on the other side, villages might erect there outer palisade before they can claim it all with banners, and any unclaimed tree or rock can become an questgiver if there is an lack of them in the region, so chances are that questgiver wasnt even there when they built the palisade

The last encounter with this I had the city had that area claimed for a while and it only took me about 20 minutes to complete the credo quest so I think it's unlikely that they walled in a questgiver between when I got it and when it was complete. I'm not sure if it checks for claimed or not when it generates quests.
warmarrer

Postby Reiber » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:44 pm

warmarrer wrote:
Reiber wrote:you just cant see if an random rock or tree is an questgiver if you dont have an quest there,

The last encounter with this I had the city had that area claimed for a while and it only took me about 20 minutes to complete the credo quest so I think it's unlikely that they walled in a questgiver between when I got it and when it was complete. I'm not sure if it checks for claimed or not when it generates quests.

it does, people would get questgivers in there treefarms constantly if it didnt.
you have to consider that this questigivers are only spawned if there is an lack of them in an area and somebody gets an quest,
so it is possible other people had quests with an questgiver long before you got notevied of there existence as such,
Reiber

Postby warmarrer » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:57 am

Reiber wrote:
warmarrer wrote:

it does, people would get questgivers in there treefarms constantly if it didnt.
you have to consider that this questigivers are only spawned if there is an lack of them in an area and somebody gets an quest,
so it is possible other people had quests with an questgiver long before you got notevied of there existence as such,

Ah I misunderstood, so you're saying a questgiver can spawn, then the area can be claimed but the questgiver still exists. Future quests can then be directed to the questgiver that's in a claimed area.

Then it seems like questgivers should periodically check to see if they're in a claimed area and die/move if they are.
warmarrer

Postby The_Blode » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:49 pm

warmarrer wrote:Then it seems like questgivers should periodically check to see if they're in a claimed area and die/move if they are.

I'm picturing a scenario in which i keep a tree for aesthetics, not knowing it's a questgiver, and then it's suddenly outside my walls, leaving a gap in my decorations and confusion in my brain
The_Blode

Return to Bugs