Black screen after login. Time keeps ticking. Time is money.

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Black screen after login. Time keeps ticking. Time is money.

Postby Óðinn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:06 pm

Posted by someone else but without the proper postage. Also, it got ignored and there is no fix. I want a fix. So I post it again. Thanks.

- check if your java version and drivers are up-to-date

Okay, they are.

- pick a good title (game dosn't work does not cut it)

Okay. Black screen. Check. Time keeps ticking. Check. Time is money. Well, not since before, but yes, now time = money. Check.

- specify operating system, java version

Windows 9, latest Java version (idk what version, I literally updated it today).

- post type and version of graphics card in case you have problems with graphics (or none at all)

I have AMD Radeon R4 Graphics (yes it's pretty shite). Integrated, so on laptop. Keep your 'hurr laptop' comments to yourself. No problems with graphics apart from the obvious video/audio lag that everyone seems to be suffering from. I played the game before. So it probably isn't this anyway. I have toggled all options and that didn't work either.

- what did you do to trigger it

I tried to login. Sorry for doing that.

- attach java stacktrace if shown

Didn't get this.

Seems to be hit or miss, though it seems to be more miss since the last server reboot. Meaning I haven't been able to get back on. Please help. The account timer keeps ticking while I wait in black screen and time is (now) money. I wouldn't complain about this beforehand and just wait a day to try again, but now that I've wasted a minutes (I think it adds up to about 15-30) I would like a fix. Thank you.
Óðinn

Re: Black screen after login. Time keeps ticking. Time is mo

Postby Óðinn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:33 pm

I mean, like, acknowledgement the problem exists (for more people than just me judging from the whopping 2 topics made about it, 0 replies received other than a snarky 'go post it in this format or fuck you') would be appreciated. I mean, this is gametime I'm wasting here trying to get in when the server was still live. Would be a shame to miss out on these glorious minutes.
Óðinn

Postby Óðinn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 pm

No fucking surprise but this is what it looks like.
Óðinn

Postby Sever » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm having this problem as well. I can type :lo and it will display the title screen, is it supposed to be similar to the old one?

Operating System: Windows 7

Java: Tried it with Java 7, it didn't work so I installed Java 8 and it still didn't work (Java 7 was uninstalled by the Java 8 installer)

Graphics card: AMD Radeon 6900 Series (don't know exact model, could check if relevant)
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby Óðinn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:06 am

Believe it or not but this is still an issue.
Óðinn

Postby Bodomfreak » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:42 am

worked for me last night after unchecking everything in the video options, but today that doesn't help. What happend overnight?
A lost mage
Bodomfreak

Postby Óðinn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:46 am

About a dozen and three more server restarts I am estimating. I don't think that caused this. It's been happening since launch and it's not been happening for just me either. I feel largely ignored, however.
Óðinn

Postby Bodomfreak » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:49 am

You are mainly being ignored I do believe. Have you unchecked the boxes in your video options before you log in?
A lost mage
Bodomfreak

Postby Bodomfreak » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:54 am

It's working for me again, although I've done nothing differently...
A lost mage
Bodomfreak

Postby Óðinn » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:03 am

Yeah, it's very on and off. Currently I am in-game but that came at the cost of wasting +- 45 minutes total of gametime already simply because it logs about 1 minute per time you get the black screen (you are technically logged in until auto-logout due to idling) and it takes me about 15 times of black screen before I get in.
Óðinn

Next

Return to Bugs