Ants are able to hit through cliffs...

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Ants are able to hit through cliffs...

Postby pawnking2 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:19 pm

I decided to raid an anthill and to get away, I jumped down a cliff. For some reason, I was still able to take damage from ants while they were at the top of the cliff.

Cliff:
pawnking2

Re: Ants are able to hit through cliffs...

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:28 am

They probably only calculate distance in the 2d plane not accounting for height. The game's combat system probably views them as next to you with you at the bottom and them at the top.

If you move further away from the cliff this should stop it from happening.
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby VDZ » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:20 am

Rather, the game does not seem to properly recognize the height difference right after jumping/climbing; most likely it only has one known height for the entire tile, not accounting for it changing halfway through the tile. This also leads to pathfinding not working properly; if you try to pick a forageable right after jumping/climbing, it refuses to move, as if you were still at the wrong height. You need to move a tiny bit away from the cliff to make it work again.
VDZ

Postby jorb » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:59 pm

VDZ wrote:Rather, the game does not seem to properly recognize the height difference right after jumping/climbing

Indeed. Pseudo-intentional.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Bugs