Palisade won't build/can't be extended further

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Palisade won't build/can't be extended further

Postby Kinglazy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:23 am

It worked fine for a while but when I wanted to extend it, it refuses with no reason and no response and at all. Extend > extend it as I please, but when I left click to confirm nothing happens. I tried it on other parts and worked fine so I thought it was fluke so I went back to try and nope, still not building.

Am I doing something wrong? Not sure where else this topic fits.
Kinglazy

Re: Can't build palisade

Postby Ailaa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:26 am

Kinglazy wrote:It worked fine for a while but when I wanted to extend it, it refuses with no reason and no response and at all. Extend > extend it as I please, but when I left click to confirm nothing happens. I tried it on other parts and worked fine so I thought it was fluke so I went back to try and nope, still not building.

You have to pave the area you going to build at, or plow it. It also works if you dig, so it becomes dirt. Had the same problem before.
Ailaa

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:10 am

Kinglazy wrote:It worked fine for a while but when I wanted to extend it, it refuses with no reason and no response and at all. Extend > extend it as I please, but when I left click to confirm nothing happens. I tried it on other parts and worked fine so I thought it was fluke so I went back to try and nope, still not building.

Make sure you first are making the palisade on paved ground, a certain threshold of how level the ground is might matter as well.

If it's not that, depending on where you are standing there may be issues with getting close enough to the sign. For example if you are beside a cornerpost and attempt to extend it for the full length, you will run into where the signpost would have a hitbox while not being close enough to interact with the actual sign, so the action will get cancelled.

Try to make it one or two tiles at a time to see if there is still a problem. If so please report back so we can troubleshoot more.
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby Kinglazy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:49 am

The land is plowed and paved with stone. It works in some areas and some don't on my paved boarders. I know when height conditions aren't met since the game tells me but I simply get no response whatsoever.

I just assumed it's a bug of some sort.
Kinglazy

Postby Kinglazy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:51 am

You know what nvm. I just made a corner post instead and works fine now. Would've been a problem if the costed as older haven.
Kinglazy

Postby kleine1979 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:04 pm

I have the same problem. As a rule, I build my palisade by 5 sections in a row without problems. But sometimes I can't build any section. Even 1 or 2. I stand very close to palisade, I try to build sections with stockpile and with some logs in my inventory, but problem is still here. The one way is build cornerpost. After that I could build some sections of palisade again. But this method is very expensive. All ground layed by stones. Look at this picture please. In the west and east part I cant extend my palisade without another one cornerpost. The ground is flat and have one level
kleine1979

Can't extend palisade segments

Postby TheG4MER14 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:08 pm

When building my palisade, after extending the segments and building it, I can no longer extend more segments from it. I right click the wall segment I just built, select extend, highlight how far I want to extend it, and left click to place it. Except upon left clicking to place, nothing happens. No sign post will be created, my character won't move, just nothing will happen. The highlighted extension simply won't place, clicking has no effect.

The only way to fix this was to place a corner post and then extend from that resulting in the random ugly corner posts in the middle of my walls.

Edit: looks like there was another post about this that ninja'd its way to the front page while I was typing this. Merge maybe?
Edit2: got merged.
Last edited by TheG4MER14 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have a bad sleeping problem... its called Haven and Hearth."
TheG4MER14

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:14 pm

kleine1979 wrote:I have the same problem. As a rule, I build my palisade by 5 sections in a row without problems. But sometimes I can't build any section. Even 1 or 2. I stand very close to palisade, I try to build sections with stockpile and with some logs in my inventory, but problem is still here. The one way is build cornerpost. After that I could build some sections of palisade again. But this method is very expensive. All ground layed by stones. Look at this picture please. In the west and east part I cant extend my palisade without another one cornerpost. The ground is flat and have one level

Try standing further away and let your character path to where they want to go. Standing closer to where you build can actually be detrimental and can cause these issues from what I understand.
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby kleine1979 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:21 pm

ApocalypsePlease wrote:
kleine1979 wrote:I have the same problem. As a rule, I build my palisade by 5 sections in a row without problems. But sometimes I can't build any section. Even 1 or 2. I stand very close to palisade, I try to build sections with stockpile and with some logs in my inventory, but problem is still here. The one way is build cornerpost. After that I could build some sections of palisade again. But this method is very expensive. All ground layed by stones. Look at this picture please. In the west and east part I cant extend my palisade without another one cornerpost. The ground is flat and have one level

Try standing further away and let your character path to where they want to go. Standing closer to where you build can actually be detrimental and can cause these issues from what I understand.

I''ve try to do it, but my character is stiil standing. Extending my palisade is still unavalible.
kleine1979

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:02 pm

kleine1979 wrote:I''ve try to do it, but my character is stiil standing. Extending my palisade is still unavalible.

Have you found a way to consistently reproduce this?
When you say "Extending my palisade is stil unavailable" do you mean the option does not appear whatsoever?
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Next

Return to Bugs