Backpacks & Inventory expansion items disappear bug

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Backpacks & Inventory expansion items disappear bug

Postby darknight5863 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:38 pm

In my house i was taking off my leather backpack to equip a quiver. I shift-clicked the back pack and the backpack disappeared. The backpack was leather and i had room in my normal inventory for it.

*the backpack goes into a slot that was previously opened by the backpack. If you go into a storage and shift-scroll wheel than the backpack will go into the storage crate
darknight5863

Re: Leather backpack disappear bug

Postby aradar » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:40 pm

just curious is leather bp bigger than birch if so how much bigger ?
aradar

Postby darknight5863 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Yes it is, it adds another bar to the inventory. So enough to hold a backpack in those slots
darknight5863

Postby jorb » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Known problem with recalculating the inventory size. Stickying until fixed. Put on another inventory expanding item to retreive the lost backpack.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby darknight5863 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:01 pm

jorb wrote:Known problem with recalculating the inventory size. Stickying until fixed. Put on another inventory expanding item to retreive the lost backpack.

Actually all you need to do is go to a storage object like a crate. Then shift-scroll the items form your inventory into the crate. The backpack will come out with all the other items in your inventory. This works if you don't want to make another backpack
darknight5863

Postby jorb » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Right, true that. That also works, and is arguably easier. Yes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby FerrousToast » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:33 am

Both the people in my town lost their leather shoes upon logging in this morning, wut?
FerrousToast

Bags and travelers sack

Postby Apillion » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:22 am

My Travelers Sack is stuck inside my backpack on tiles the is no longer visible..

So here's what happens..

When your extra slots are empty that you get from back pack or travelers sack but your other slots have items in them when you unequippe the pack or travelers sack it gets moved to the available slots currently provided by the equipped pack or sack but seeing as the extra slots are no longer visible you can not remove the sack from the inventory again casue yo cant click on it

This is not a problem with the back pack as its 4x4 slots so the left most 2 are still visible however the travelers sack can not be found again as its only 1x2.

Edit: aah Got moved here didn't search for backpack i searched traveler's sack.. Sorry and thanks for moving now i know how to get it back..
Forgot about the Shift+scroll trick with containers
Apillion

TRAVELER SACKS

Postby maslov2 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:20 pm

JORB or wothewere there,
I wanted to put my travel sack to inventory, pressed shift+click. it totally dissapeared. Im upset and thinking what a point to continue subscribtion if stuff magically dissapears.
maslov2

Re: TRAVELER SACKS

Postby shubla » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:22 pm

maslov2 wrote:JORB or wothewere there,
I wanted to put my travel sack to inventory, pressed shift+click. it totally dissapeared. Im upset and thinking what a point to continue subscribtion if stuff magically dissapears.

Its actually hidden outside your inv. You will find it someday
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Next

Return to Bugs