Animals will kill when duo aggro'd

The worst monsters in the Hearthlands warp the fabric of space and time...

Animals will kill when duo aggro'd

Postby Archiplex » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:28 am

As Jorb posted before, animals are not supposed to kill you after KO'ing you, other than the rare situation where they have another attacked queued up. This is evident to me, as I've been aggro'd by a badger while KO'd and it immediately deaggro'd and walked off.

However, this behavior does not always happen, due to these situations:

1. An animal will queue up an attack instantly after hitting you, meaning it will hit you again (Possibly kill)

2. You and a friend have aggro'd an animal, and it has switched aggros at least twice, it will attack you, then attack you until you die as it does not register that you are KO'd

3. Multiple animals have aggro'd you and one did not twitch in time to deaggro you after knocking you down, meaning it will continue to fight you as if you were standing

I don't know if Jorb wants to necessarily remove the "mercy" from animals (I think it'd be lame). But at minimum, a method for us to gauge whether an animal will be incredibly dangerous to us in a situation (I figure Raging bears should always kill. Why would it turn peaceful if it's mad?) instead of relying on chance/luck for the animal to not twitch at a wrong moment and end up killing you. This also applies since it will kill you even if getting beat by your friend (As the aggro doesn't switch in time).

I myself and a friend have died to this bug a few times, and I think I've narrowed the cause slightly for point number 2

It requires an animal to switch targets twice.

Let's say you aggro a boar, and then lead it around for a friend to aggro. If the boar switches to your friend but they become incapable of chasing (Climb a cliff) and then the boar aggros you again, the boar will down you + continue to beat you until you die (It hit me 3 times total, it was not a queued attack).

It also happens if the boar KO's an enemy after it switches away from you, and then it will hunt you and kill you, due to being stuck in combat (And an aggressive state) with your friend.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Two characters attacking a single mob allows them to murder

Postby Gensokyo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:56 pm

So, as simple as the topic states, if a person attacks something that lacks murder, and another person attacks it as well, the mob will go full on murder on the first aggressor.

Sorry if the bug has been reported, search found nothing of similar.
Gensokyo

Ants go ape in a 2v1

Postby Massa » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:19 pm

Ants should not have murder.

They do not have murder.

They do if there are two players attacking one. It will barrage the KO'd player with attacks until he/she dies.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Re: Two characters attacking a single mob allows them to mur

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Your complaint is that some animals murder?

Doesn't need two people involved, see: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=41615
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Ants go ape in a 2v1

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Second complaint about this. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=41743
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Re: Two characters attacking a single mob allows them to mur

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Merged two complaints with similar disposition. The claim being that animals, when engaged 2v1, will kill. It has already been confirrmed that they kill without the 2v1, so skeptical that 2v1 has anything to do with the lethality.

jorb

Re: Animals will kill when duo aggro'd

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Third complaint of this, but this might be the best formulation of it. Merging others here. Stickied until fix/w/e.

jorb

Postby Flameturtle » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Jorb, pretty certain the duo aggro and them attacking till you die are seperate. If an animal only has attacks queued and it chooses them it will continue to do so as luck dictates. It would appear they only deaggro on KO if a move is chosen instead. I was fighting a boar earlier and it knocked me out them did one extra attack taking a massive chunk of HHP, after that it instantly deaggro'd and wandered away.

In the case where there are two targets it seems to continue queueing up whether it is moves or attacks that are chosen.

Personally of the mind that anything that can aggro you should have a decent chance to continue attacking and defending until the fight is over, meaning you are dead and no longer a threat to said animal. Animals that are passive should KO you and run away, without the bloodlust of the others.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby TheG4MER14 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Ok so I guess that animals killing you is technically a bug, but the effect of it is one I don't mind too much. Animals are dangerous. They should be able to kill you every once in a while. You should know that when dealing with a dangerous animal, there's a chance that something could go horribly wrong and you could lose your life.
"I have a bad sleeping problem... its called Haven and Hearth."
TheG4MER14

Postby Archiplex » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:48 pm

Flameturtle wrote:Jorb, pretty certain the duo aggro and them attacking till you die are seperate. If an animal only has attacks queued and it chooses them it will continue to do so as luck dictates. It would appear they only deaggro on KO if a move is chosen instead. I was fighting a boar earlier and it knocked me out them did one extra attack taking a massive chunk of HHP, after that it instantly deaggro'd and wandered away.

In the case where there are two targets it seems to continue queueing up whether it is moves or attacks that are chosen.

Personally of the mind that anything that can aggro you should have a decent chance to continue attacking and defending until the fight is over, meaning you are dead and no longer a threat to said animal. Animals that are passive should KO you and run away, without the bloodlust of the others.

This is indeed the case.

When an animal queues up an extra attack, it will use it and deaggro. When the duo aggro bug happens; then the animal will continue to attack you until you die.

The only reason I made this bug report was due to a post you made where it was unintended; though it seems animal have a chance to go wild and kill regardless of duo aggro after that savage fox post.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Next

Return to Bugs